ADVERTISEMENT

Saint Francis beats Saint Ignatius 25-29

Wow, I thought Serra's 32-30 game (v. Riordan) was reminiscient of pre-shot clock 70's WCAL. Funny I like the low scoring games and the hard defense played in WCAL. Im giving benefit of doubt that both teams cant be that bad offensively.

A brick house was made after the game, with brick fences, brick statues & all that nice stuff bricks make.

"Defense" in the WCAL is a euphemism for legal assault and battery. Do that stuff out on the sidewalk and you'd be arrested. Most games are impossible to officiate.

Yes, Colhenry, I thought it was just Serra that plays football on the gym...lol. Apparently, these two teams did as well yesterday...ha

When these games start out physical, the refs need to huddle the players and tell them to commence or get called for a foul.
Once the refs allow it to go on, it's hard to go back.

I hate seeng kids get in early foul trouble, which can change the outcome of a game.
But a foul is a foul. And good refs will take control of the game when it get's out of hand.

If a player knows he can't get away with a foul, they adjust and so will coach's.
The flow of the game becomes much better after the unnecessary physicality is called for a foul.
Playing physical is apart of the game.
But in some games it needs to be cleaned up early by the refs

I just hate to see it when they let it go in the first half and then when it gets crunch time they make the same exact calls they didnt make in the beginning. If your gonna let it go on then let it go on the whole game and if your gonna make the calls, then make the calls the whole game.

Honestly, I love the Serra-Riordan games as they are always hotly contested, with very physical defense played and usually have some type of close/wacky ending. To see both coach Rapp and Buckner displaying their gamesmanship by being practically on the court during play and animated dialogue at the refs is always great to see!

Originally posted by Scott2138:
Maybe in the next two years we will get that chance since you guys won't be in the playoffs.
Have fun paying fines, losing players and being kept out of the playoffs. Keep your cameras away too.

happy0007.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT