ADVERTISEMENT

Santa Rosa JC hosts HS 707 Tourney

Beenthere2497

Rookie
Sep 10, 2016
SRJC hosted a 7 on 7 HS tourney today

Teams: Windsor, San Marin, Campolindo, Piner, St, Vincent, Lower Lake, Santa Rosa, Cardinal Newman, Vintage, Casa Grande, Analy, Novato, Roseland Prep.

Windsor went undefeated and beat San Marin in the final minute with a 40 + yard TD pass from Judsen Andersen to brother Hayden Andersen.

I don’t think Windsor has lost all summer.
@Streak One , gotta be in you top 15 to start season considering last years finish and how many guys they return.

Up until a decade ago teams would be allowed to go to full padded team camps. I think the NCS/CIF should allow teams to go to 1 camp and have a total of 5 full pad days during the summer. 7on7 is nice for building QB/WR relationships, learning offenses (defensives), some skill building, ect… but it’s just not football. Oftentimes as the season progresses line play and tackling take a bigger impact each week. There is definitely a point of diminishing returns, some programs overdo it during the summer.

Up until a decade ago teams would be allowed to go to full padded team camps. I think the NCS/CIF should allow teams to go to 1 camp and have a total of 5 full pad days during the summer. 7on7 is nice for building QB/WR relationships, learning offenses (defensives), some skill building, ect… but it’s just not football. Oftentimes as the season progresses line play and tackling take a bigger impact each week. There is definitely a point of diminishing returns, some programs overdo it during the summer.
Agreed. It gives an insight but it’s closer to flag than tackle.

Yes, they are on the intitial teams I'm looking at for the preseason ranks. It isn't a direct correlation, but they have been good this summer
Agreed. Summer is fine and gives an idea of talent but if you look at last years results and see who they (Windsor) has coming back + transfers this is a very dangerous team.

Reactions: Streak One
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT