ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday State Bowls Scores

This 4th quarter looks like the sac st game…no defense, TDs every 2 minutes.

San Jacinto up 34-30 with less than a minute remaining - Grant may be in trouble. And as I type..Grant returns kick to the SJ .20

Grant scores…scoreboard clock not working, but announcers think there is less than 20 seconds Left. crazy game

This 4th quarter looks like the sac st game…no defense, TDs every 2 minutes.

My thoughts exactly.

IDK why these teams are in such a hurry to score and give the ball back to the opponent with too much time.

During both the Sac State game and this GHS game I was telling my wife I’d take a knee inside the 5 a couple times and take my chances scoring the TD on 3rd or 4th down versus scoring too quickly.

Especially so in the Sac State game because they were only down a FG and had a high percentage attempt available to them should they need it. There was no reason to hurry up the first half of that drive. They could have erased a minute of time, at least. And/or made UIW burn their last timeouts.

In fact, after re-watching the end of that game I think UIW actually allowed Marshel Martin to score so they’d have more time.

Same goes for GHS tonight. They scored too quickly. Luckily San Jacinto kicked it short and they got that huge return to set up the game winner.

Reactions: mrbig864
Literally just before the first offensive snap. Now the game shows up under ON DEMAND and isn’t live anymore.

I’ve never experienced this kinda crap for playoff games before this season. I might be asking for a refund if they don’t straighten this $#!t out soon.
NFHS CUSTOMER SERVICE Number
800-349-0230 attn Jeff Cavalini VP Customer Care. Get in line and Good Luck

The game hasn’t even started and the excuses are being made already.Funny that Calpreps has your boys favorites to win
Granada Hills plays in the Los Angeles section which is very weak. Very. Look at the Maxpreps ratings and only the San Francisco and Oakland sections are worse (which is a very low floor). So Granada Hills might have a lot of students but apparently there aren't too many good football players among them. In the section they're the smart kid in the dumb class.

LMFAO at these SJB players and coaches flexing and thinking they are actually accomplishing something. Or winning.

To me, their excitement rivals someone stealing money and property from the bank in a game of monopoly and bragging about how great they are. It ain’t legit. I can’t identify with feeling proud or good about it.

Let’s stack a team with NorCal’s very best players from Redding down to Fresno then see how this score looks.

Better yet, let’s have this SJB team face whomever wins the FCS National Championship so they understand how it is to compete against a stacked deck and how it really isn’t winning or something to be proud of.

It’s an absolute joke.

Granada Hills plays in the Los Angeles section which is very weak. Very. Look at the Maxpreps ratings and only the San Francisco and Oakland sections are worse (which is a very low floor). So Granada Hills might have a lot of students but apparently there aren't too many good football players among them. In the section they're the smart kid in the dumb class.
And yet the excuses came out before the game….sad

LMFAO at these SJB players and coaches flexing and thinking they are actually accomplishing something. Or winning.

To me, their excitement rivals someone stealing money and property from the bank in a game of monopoly and bragging about how great they are. It ain’t legit. I can’t identify with feeling proud or good about it.

Let’s stack a team with NorCal’s very best players from Redding down to Fresno then see how this score looks.

Better yet, let’s have this SJB team face whomever wins the FCS National Championship so they understand how it is to compete against a stacked deck and how it really isn’t winning or something to be proud of.

It’s an absolute joke.
Nor Cals best players from Redding to Fresno would also lose to SJB or MD.

It’s an absolute joke.

Nor Cals best players from Redding to Fresno would also lose to SJB or MD.
At Some Point, the question becomes Why even play this game?…. What good is it doing and how is it Benefiting the Student Athletes and the schools?….

All the other games (Except PITT) were terrific and win or lose looked like amazing experiences for everyone involved…. I just don’t see the point in a pre determined non competitive beat down… that does nothing for the kids….

At Some Point, the question becomes Why even play this game?…. What good is it doing and how is it Benefiting the Student Athletes and the schools?….

All the other games (Except PITT) were terrific and win or lose looked like amazing experiences for everyone involved…. I just don’t see the point in a pre determined non competitive beat down… that does nothing for the kids….
100% agree. It is a total joke how stacked SJB and MD are. I'd rather see a playoff with the next 16 best teams. Then it would be like it used to be with multiple teams having a chance to win it.

Santa Teresa was in red zone mid Q4 and went for field goal and it was blocked. Not sure why they didn't go for it
They turned over the ball on downs, no field goal was tried by ST. Classical had a field goal attempt fail because of a bad snap. Also missed a 55 yarder wide earlier in the game.

Bosco beat Serra 45-0. Think this is the first shutout in the Open Division.

What hilarious is how, allegedly, the football talent in both Santa Ana and Bellflower, CA suddenly became markedly better than the 10,000+ high schools programs across the country over the past 7-8 years or so.

And remains #1 and #2 in the country year over year.

I mean, what were they up to before 2013??? SLACKERS!!!

In all seriousness, do the people associated with these programs really believe people don’t see through it all?
How any of these people can look themselves in the mirror and be proud escapes me.

And shame on the parents for allowing their kids to become part of it.
So much for integrity, sportsmanship and spirit of competition.

These people would likely still feel great beating up on the youth 14 and under National Champions.

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
North 0-10 in the big boy games the last two years
I read Mater Dei returns 18 starters. Slam dunk #1 Preseason in the nation. Go ahead and pencil them in against Serra or St Marys Stockton for the open game in a year.

Socal sure doesn't like the rain or mud
Coach was embarrassed and lashed out. Shafter dwarfed little Orland in the trenches and has more than twice the enrollment. The shame is he didn’t take the opportunity to congratulate his opponent and show some respect. There’s no room for entitlement on the gridiron.

What hilarious is how, allegedly, the football talent in both Santa Ana and Bellflower, CA suddenly became markedly better than the 10,000+ high schools programs across the country over the past 7-8 years or so.

In all seriousness, do the people associated with these programs really believe people don’t see through it all?
How any of these people can look themselves in the mirror and be proud escapes me.

These people would likely still feel great beating up on the youth 14 and under National Champions.
This is what I would do if I was the CIF…..

I would Create a 4 Team Open Playoff that is just like what the CFB does currently…. I would take the 4 Highest Ranked teams at the end of the Regular season and have them play…. Put the games at cool venues, and whoever wins would be allowed to go play in the ESPN Gieco Bowls for the National Championship even if they have to play IMG…..

The rest of of the teams would play in the current system and format with the sections, regionals and SBG’s…. The current system works at every level except The Open so The Open needs to change….

This would be best for The Student Athletes, Schools and Fans….

Just make me CIF commissioner and I got this…. 🤣🤣

Don’t be the get off my lawn guy😂
Private schools can accept anyone from anywhere.Just like Serra’s leading receiver living with his host family during the school week and going home to Sacramento on the weekends.

It was long noted that SoCal teams never really took these games as serious as they did a Southern title and showed up flat against the north. This isn’t the case anymore with social media, the blow up of the bowl games etc……the fact this game is played frankly benefits every team below because because all the best SoCal teams frankly sit home but one. Many of these games would get out of hand if this wasn’t the case. NorCal wasn’t crying stop or foul when DLS was doing their thing. I personally think a state bowl system should be just that, a “state” bowl system. This north vs south thing is ridiculous. If two best open teams are from the south they play give the fans of the state what they want, and so on…….

Don’t be the get off my lawn guy😂
Private schools can accept anyone from anywhere.Just like Serra’s leading receiver living with his host family during the school week and going home to Sacramento on the weekends.
Also, Serra’s Top LB started at DLS last year…. The kid lives in San Mateo so no one will convince me that the kid was commuting from San Mateo to Concord every day…. He had to be staying with someone near the school….

I am fine with this by the way, I think kids should be able to play wherever they want…

INorCal wasn’t crying stop or foul when DLS was doing their thing.
The difference is DLS Lost the First SBG they ever played in…. They also Lost in D1 to Cen 10…. Sure DLS won 4 Open games in a row, but The last Open that DLS won was a 28-21 win over Cen10 that could have gone either way….

Also when DLS beat Servite 40-8, most people believed, including me, that Servite was the more talented team and could beat DLS and was possibly even the favorite to win that game….

That is not the case now…. The open is a pre determined Blow out at this point…. I agree with your take that it shouldn’t be North vs South but only for the Open…. The rest of the games work just fine and are competitive every year….

Reactions: RedZone90
The difference is DLS Lost the First SBG they ever played in…. They also Lost in D1 to Cen 10…. Sure DLS won 4 Open games in a row, but The last Open that DLS won was a 28-21 win over Cen10 that could have gone either way….

Also when DLS beat Servite 40-8, most people believed, including me, that Servite was the more talented team and could beat DLS and was possibly even the favorite to win that game….

That is not the case now…. The open is a pre determined Blow out at this point…. I agree with your take that it shouldn’t be North vs South but only for the Open…. The rest of the games work just fine and are competitive every year….
It shouldn’t be north vs south period. We are one state, we have probably some of the best football/sports in the nation, yet have some really average teams claiming state championships. This is solely because of this north vs south thing. Thin the field and play it out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT