ADVERTISEMENT

Serra earns No. 1 seed in CCS football playoffs; 10 county teams qualify

Where Are They Now

Sports Fanatic
Sep 6, 2011
Alamo
The Central Coast Section football brackets were released Sunday and there were no major surprises.

Ten San Mateo County teams qualified, led by Serra, which garnered the No. 1 seed in the new hybrid Open/Division I bracket. Utilizing a system employed in both the North Coast and the Southern sections, the top eight teams in the CCS will battle for the Open and Division I titles in one bracket, with the idea being having the top two teams in the section representing CCS at the regional and state levels.

In this scenario the No. 1 and No. 8 seeds, along with No. 2 and No. 7, play in the top half of the bracket and will play for a spot in the Open championship game. In the bottom half of the bracket, the Nos. 3-6 and Nos. 4-5 games will play for a spot in the Division I final.

Serra (10-0) will face No. 8 Salinas (7-3) at 1 p.m. Saturday, while No. 2 St. Francis (7-3) and No. 7 Wilcox (7-3) will play in Mountain View at 7 p.m. Friday. The winner of those games will face off in the Open Division final Nov. 17 or 18.

Read More Here: https://www.smdailyjournal.com/spor...cle_17613a80-7c92-11ee-b7ea-ef54bef69acc.html

I don't know where they got the idea that the SS does this. They definitely do not.

Reactions: MadDawgSS
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT