ADVERTISEMENT

SF/Bell

May 25, 2014
The baseball gods have spoken

Bell 2 SF 0

Corby Punion no hit the Lancers

Heard some of the little Lancers were crying after the game. What a shame...

The posts in a negative tone toward SFHS on this board are very odd to me. Over the past several years, they have been consistently nationally ranked, have sent tons of players onto the D. I level, and have been near or at the top of the WCAL/CCS/Nor Cal standings/rankings.

For whatever reason, people love to root against them. Why? I have no idea. I am sure the guy w/ the 'Serra' screenname was doing cartwheels last night. Pretty sad.

A long list of ethical questions regarding Coach Oakland. There is so much on this board; just go back a few topics/years. No surprise when they took the WCAL this year that nobody was on this board jumping for joy. Look he wins coach of year for 2013 (and all negative). Coach Hutton gets an award, and people talk about him doing things the right way. Unfair, maybe. Look-Outstanding recruiter; excellent talent but honestly not the best X/O coach in tight games. Maybe a product of too much talent.

This post was edited on 5/25 10:06 PM by CityVibesII

I think the reason being is that Lancer players/parents really don't feel the need to get on this board and boast about winning games,leagues or titles. The program record and history speaks for itself. All the kids in private, public or catholic schools that are on any team work hard, 5-6 days a week to prepare for a game they love. Sometimes these kids get onto a field knowing they have no chance, but they show up and give it their best shot.........and every now and then they walk away with a W, but the most important lesson is to show up and never give up.......and to have adults (most likely over involved parents, or adults trying to relive their dreams through their kids) get on here a bash kids, coaches and their schools is quite embarrassing!!!! Let's not forget we are talking about young adults here that have bright futures ahead of them in whatever they choose to do. Honestly, nothing negative is ever needed, a simple "congratulations" or "better luck next time" would be suffice.

BTW great pitching performance by Punion.

This post should be about Corby Punian. Throwing a no-hitter in the playoffs is a great feat especially against a team like St. Francis despite its offensive weaknesses. Punian has had a good year for the Bells, which have a big semi-final against Mitty on Wednesday.

Streak. True, however the question asked was not rhetorical. Being that said, you are correct that the post should be about Corby Punian's no-hitter against a talented opponent. I should have mentioned as much. A great memory to have for him and his team.

St Francis

It is rather OBVIOUS if one just watches and listens .... The WCAL Mission Statement ... regarding lots of stuff has gone under the radar regarding Oakland.

His supporters love him and his detractors do not. Some of his detractors are coaches/head coaches who are very admired here and in Northern California.

Nancy knows ...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT