ADVERTISEMENT

SF Chronicle "Girls Player of the Year" Candidates

This is a solid list but how isn't Asia Robertson or A'shonti Coleman on this list? A'shonti is the player of the year in SF! She's the best player on the best team in the city. No disrespect to Lick but SHC would mop the floor with them as would most teams in the WCAL. Asia Robertson is the best 2 guard in the Bay Area not sure how they missed this one

Huh, I guess I missed something...although she has the deserved reputation of an outstanding player, I thought Thomas was out 90% of the season. And IMO, one of your choices has way too much drama, and technical fouls, (and not enough wins) to be considered a POY candidate

OBL-
I'm gonna go out on a limb and ask which Player are you referring to that has too much drama and Technical Fouls, and not enough WINS to be considered?

Team AR

You a lot people hate on Players that plays with a Edge. But Remember Ol'....Layer does bring up young women names up and speak any wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

THERE GOES THAT DOUBLE STANDARDS AGAIN

BD-

Thats why I had to ask I need to KNOW if hes referring to MINE because I cant recall AR getting Technical Fouls (with a S) mmm... But like I always Say It is what it is...

P.S. We all LOVE DRAMA! Goodness can these kids just LIVE?

Nothing against Powell but Mac I don't even think won the Oal. If I'm not mistaken Oakland High and Tech played in the championship. Lick Wilmerding isn't playing anyone either. AR, Coleman and Raggio deserve to be on this list just because of the body of work they have put together. Thomas hasn't been consistent enough to make this list but she definitely deserves second team

Team AR, my observation and opinion did not refer to your daughter, however I'm now curious why you thought it was her? And to keep this on the positive, the suggested list of players in the referenced post are certainly worthy candidates and should be added to the Chronicle's list. The Bay Area is once again blessed with great talent.

Baller, go back and review my posts. If I ever mention a girl by name it's only to sing her praises (eg Mosley, Ionescu are top of mind). I do not believe I have ever named a player that I was critical of (if I have ever done so, then I am at fault). If you pay attention at all to my posts you would know a few things; they usually reflect my defense and biases for Carondelet, and call you out for your cowardice attacks on programs, players and coaches. And of course, I try to work in some rather poor humor from time to time.

Ol'...layer

We all know who you was talking about period. You just scared because dad caught what your are talking about. Just say you don't like players that don't fit the cookie cuter player. I will tell you the AR will be a impact player her first year in college because of that edge she plays with.

You trying to retract what you are saying because you know you talked about the wrong person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOUBLE STANDARDS NEVER WORK

Snap out of it baller. It should be obvious who he was talking about, and you of all people should know it wasn't AR. Have you even been paying attention to the things you've been ranting about?

OBL I asked because I KNOW AR, Ashanti Moore and Mcnair and KNOW that AR is always on the outside when it comes to these list. I'm sure you wouldn't Suggest that Ionesu doesn't belong and Mcnair (salesian?) No way does she have Drama or Techs neither does Moore or Ashanti. So IMO you could have only been referring to MY kid. Now I could be wrong, but the fact that a lot of posters (in norcalpresp) don't particularly care for the way she plays and for the most part don't have a lot of GOOD things to say about what she does, I asked because I was curious. But as I'm reading its another player that would fit the profile so again I just asked out of curiosity. No harm No foul. Its all love coming from TEAMAR.

This post was edited on 3/10 1:03 PM by TEAM_AR

Baller, you are classic. You once again confirm that you don't really know that much about girls high school basketball, nor the players. You further confirm, that you are not only a bully, but a genuine kiss a$$. I can hear that sucking sound all the way out here in Concord. .

For those who follow the game, and read my posts, my identity is not a secret. No hiding, no lying, no running scared. Sounds like we might be polar opposites.

Let's be very clear, I did not retract my remarks about the player on the list who I have watched do things unworthy of a POY mention. Yet, I will not mention her by name, and I will not mention some of the specific actions I have witnessed, key word there Baller, my remarks are based upon actual observations.

In hindsight, I wish I had not questioned someone's list of POY candidates, because my contrary opinion has stirred further controversy and drama, regarding something that should be a celebration of achievement. My bad.

Team AR, and all of us, including BC, are all better off without a bully/coward/sycophant like you on this message board. Yes, I voted for your removal.

By the way, what is a "cookie cutter player"? Another Ballerism I guess. Right up there with "false pretends, and lame man"

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the Chronicle talk about the Bay Area Player of the year. At least they have in the past.

Ol" ..layer

I going to give you another saying and hope you listen very well. When you step out of bounce and very close to the line you should check yourself before your wrecker yourself and yes I can reach your from a far. I'm going to give you a pass this time. Don't take me to there that all I got to say ??????????

I could say more but I wont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baller, don't threaten me. I'm not going to stop voicing my opinion and defending those whom you attack without being provoked.

That was not a treat read it right but I know you want to be. Because saying I have bail money is a treat. That's not a treat at all but if your ask a lawyer that's not a treat at all. You trying to make it one but its not but do like you know and make it something big LOL because people think that they are so smart and I no the law more then people think. And if you real read it I said if some provoking me in front of my face. Provoking mean some did something to me first and I reacted. So what you trying to say is not the same way the court of law see it so good try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post was edited on 3/10 9:06 PM by ballersdreams

This post was edited on 3/10 9:38 PM by ballersdreams

The word is threat, not treat. You are not able to spell the word threat but you want us to believe you have a lawyer on "retain". By the way, that word is retainer, not "retain". you don't "NO" the law but you think you "know" the law. Provocation would NOT deem you justified in inflicting bodily harm on someone, unless said provocation was believed by a reasonable and prudent personTO BE SUCH TO CAUSE harm to your person. So good try to you.

In summary you are a disingenuous hypocrite that does not know when to to keep his mouth shut or his fingers off the key board.

NorCalScout

The word is threat, not treat. You are not able to spell the word threat but you want us to believe you have a lawyer on "retain". By the way, that word is retainer, not "retain". you don't "NO" the law but you think you "know" the law. Provocation would NOT deem you justified in inflicting bodily harm on someone, unless said provocation was believed by a reasonable and prudent personTO BE SUCH TO CAUSE harm to your person. So good try to you.

In summary you are a disingenuous hypocrite that does not know when to to keep his mouth shut or his fingers off the key board.

- oh my this is hilarious!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT