ADVERTISEMENT

SHC Beats Riordan on Senior Night

Irish_Cheers

Hall of Famer
May 11, 2008
Irish won 50-48. Riordan hit a last-second three to narrow the margin of victory.

Coach Barbour played only the seniors in the first quarter and could only muster a field goal that wasn't scored until 1:13 remaining.

With the starters back in, SHC scored 17 in the second and the score was 19-19 at the half.

Irish had a 6-point lead in the third quarter but the game was kept closer than that for the rest of the game.

By my count, SHC was 16 of 18 from the line.

Thanks for the game summary. Did Galindo play for Riordan?

@Jordan, Galindo was on the bench in his sweatsuit. They could definitely use him to create better spacing and he's good for a few treys a game.

St. Francis won league last night by defeating Mitty. They will probably win league next year also as they are all juniors.

So by virtue of winning last night, does that mean the Irish will be in CCS open? They take the top 4 WCAL schools correct? Even in a down WCAL year is that still the rule? So SF, Mitty, Serra and SH will represent the WCAL in the open?

Been watching this League since the early 80s, have never seen the League as down as it was this year...that said, we'll see if it remains true if the League is still superior when CCS roles around next week!

I agree DNA. I'm not sure this is just a blip on the screen or a trend. Take nothing away from St. Francis on winning the league. The irony is the year that they do not have playoffs is the year that warrants a playoff. Any team can beat each other on given night.

Next week will tell.

Im not sure this would be characterized as a down year for the league. I think perhaps it would be easy to say this year the league is lacking "star" players. Theres no Gordon, Peterson, Caruso, Dunbar, Fox, Johns, Ugbaja, players. I think its nice to see St Francis be on top this year as they have a complete team with no "stars". Mitty lacked a productive backcourt this year to go along with Kone. Serra once again is one of the better prepared teams. SH is on and off (on when hitting 3s and off when not hitting 3s).

I would say this league year has been up to par, You saw teams beating any team on any given night like any other year. And like any other year you will see most WCAL teams advance deep into CCS and qualify for their section in Nor Cals.

This would of been a great year for a WCAL playoff race, since no team has established total dominance. By it being a "Any Given Night" type season, the playoff attendance would of went up from years past. Im not sure if the lack of star power is a contributing factor towards it being a down year, because there were a few stars, that just were'nt proclaimed prior to this season, that outshined some of the noted Platinum Players...

One that comes to mind, is my Player of the Year pick Noah Stapes. Who just happens to be the teamate of one of the POY nominees Curt Witt of St.Francis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT