ADVERTISEMENT

Sheldon 104, Grant 99 (4 OT)

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Sheldon held off Grant behind 26 points from Isaiah Brooks and 24 points from Matt Manning.

Freshman Treshon Jones-Smoots had 34 points in the loss for the Pacers.

The Pacers never short on heart. Grant playing off the fumes of being denied the playoffs and smacked down by Section sanctioned forfeitures have made it tough on Pleasant Grove and Sheldon in close game -- bitter losses.

The Pacers officially 1-11 in league play is not a team indicative of its losing record.

Cali luv with all due respect you keep talking about forfeits. Reality they only took 2 games away in league which would have made them 3-9 if they kept those two wins. No where near the 8-4 record it would require to make playoffs right now in Delta

First of all heat go ahead and give the pacers credit. They coached and played their ass off. At the time they would have been 3-4 with half of the league schedule remaining. A bounce here or there would have beaten Sheldon or PG. Explain to me how a team that suited up 3 JV guys a freshman that scored 36 a 6'1 football player that finished with 28 rebounds pushed your fully loaded no suspension huskies to the brink. They didn't suit up a player over 6'2 and the two seniors that did suit up was a football player (TiNeal Martin) and a volleyball player (Brandon Byrdsong). I was there Heat Grant suited up 1 freshman 3 sophomores 1 junior and 2 seniors. That game film could be a problem for your Huskies in the playoffs

Forfeits are facts and impact the overall analysis of the 2014-2015 Pacers.

HEAT you need to comprehend what I wrote literally not figuratively. There is no suggestion of playoffs or team success.

Grant would have a winning record 14-11 with the 3 on court victories that were loss due to player ineligibility.

Grant as a result is 11-14 and below .500 for the season plus last in the Delta.

Facts.

This is literal not speculative. All due respect.

AZANA ... I'll first address you, I've been watching them pacers since the days of Rovan Turner, Tristan and Channing Williams , Ricky Jordan , through the years to Deonte Durrogh and Jameel Pugh and to today. One thing I no for sure is them kids out their in the Heights bring it every night and I don t care if they had to play with 2 cheerleaders they will all be junk yard dogs till the final buzzer. the little freshman if he learns to be able to go left will be very special. Never once did I say anything about how they compete.

All I was saying was. Grant wasn't in playoff contention at 3-4 when the forfeits hit. Not saying you didn't know you were being investigated. You were 3-7 in league. You forfeited a Jesuit win and a MT win. You kept Eg win and also forfeited a non league game.

CALI luv stated more than once the forfeits cost the chance at playoffs. I just don't think so.

I WILL say grant even with what they have left are a better team than many teams that will make the playoffs. It's unfortunate that the Delta leagues merged because I feel Grant probably finishes no worse than runner up to Franklin in Delta Valley

Glad to know that you have some Pacer History and I agree in the old Delta the Pacers would have rolled. Looking forward to the next 3 years in the Delta with two young teams. Your history of the young basketball "GUN SLINGERS" is noted but please don't say the huskies gave up 34 points to a freshman that could only go right that would be horrible coaching after the first quarter no that would be after 5 quarters because he played well at your place

Azanna please...

please tell me you didn't play with them sorry old "GUN SLINGERS" i'm getting old and don't remember all that well.

AZANA ok i went back and looked at the BEE. Smoots had 9 points in the first game. I think last night he scored maybe 3 baskets the first 3 quarters. So thats like 15 points in 7 quarters. So i really dont see your point of the 5 quarter remark . That would be like 11 points in 5 quarters. He did go off in the 4th and 4 overtimes.4 overtimes equals an entire half. So he had 43 total points in 2 1/2 games or 17 points per game. Very admirable.
I was at the game and heard the coaches screaming at players he only goes right . i watched as the defense often still played him straight up. when he went right he made some fantastic buckets. When he went left he struggled and took some not so good shots. AGAIN i think the kid has tremendous upside. Doesnt seem to get rattled, hits some deep shots. and yes is only a freshman. SO i dont know why so defensive when i say if he develops some left the sky is the limit

Heat, nephew was killing last night stop being stats gut and give him his due. He was the best guard on the court. Sheldon won but Lil Ad is very good. Go huskies

Heat my Pacers are probably done so I really was just busting your chops. I know you watch all the local kids play so tell me this. The Sophmore that scored 30 at your place on your JV team and I think 19 on varsity last night #24 Cameron Davis along with the player that caused the forfeits he scored 19 in the first meeting how good do you think the Pacers will be the next 2 years and will the Delta continue to be the best league top to bottom in the section

AZANA i will respond this time only because i feel i can give you what you want to hear. But next time you rattle off a bunch of incorrect info dont be surprised if i dont respond. #24 Cameron Davis per Bee (which your team calls in) had 17 not 19. If the kid you are talking about that caused the forfiets name is Blackmon he had 16 per bee not 19. And while we are at it what happened to the Sheldon Kid Armond Dean

To answer your question;; i think the Delta will be strong again. Sheldon returns everyone on Varsity and have some nice pieces on the 9-3 JV.

Monterey Trail is young and will be formidable. They have a couple of lengthy kids on JV that can help tremendously.

Jesuit will Have Duffy and they have 2 jv teams one of which is 10-2

Grant #1 is good ,Blackmon can play , JV team? my biggest question to you would be why wasnt #24 on Varsity from the jump and what is status of Dean.

The Delta for years has been one of the best leagues so i dont see much changing that

Hey HEAT,

Folsom is better than every team in your league.

Folsom is better than Sheldon.

Folsom is a better and nicer place to live than Elk Grove.

Those are facts
uzi.r191677.gif

A "healthy" Folsom team is still the top dogs from the SJS IMO. But that is qualified with their 6"9 big playing. (Russell). They needs his presence in the paint. But the gap between the Sac highs, Woodcreeks, Modesto Christians, Sheldons, etc has most definitely narrowed over the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT