8: Marin Catholic vs. Cornerstone Christian

Saturday at De La Salle

9:30: Clayton Valley vs. Granada

11: St. Mary's (Stockton) vs. Pinewood

12:30 Valley Vista (AZ) vs. Caruthers

2: Oakland Tech vs. McClatchy

3:30: Miramonte vs. Washington

5: Branson vs. Campolindo

This seems like a missed opportunity. University is solid small school squad. They could give many of these bigger schools a really good game. But they're going to get obliterated by Mitty. Why not Mitty v. Clovis West, St. Mary's, Folsom or Clet?

Reactions: Chsmatt33
This seems like a missed opportunity. University is solid small school squad. They could give many of these bigger schools a really good game. But they're going to get obliterated by Mitty. Why not Mitty v. Clovis West, St. Mary's, Folsom or Clet?
All those schools would get the same treatment. So why risk it?

I think there's a difference between getting beaten by 20-30 and getting beaten by 50-60. Mitty beat Clovis West by 20 last year. It was a reasonably competitive game.

Also, if I'm one of the other basketball "powers," I would welcome a shot at knocking off the number one team in the country.

I only see tickets for Friday’s game. Are Saturday’s tickets sold out? If not, when will they be available?

Sorry, I must have missed that game -- and I know nothing about tickets, but I can guarantee it's not sold out.

There are lots of negotations and time conflicts. One premier matchup was missed because one of the coaches had a long-scheduled banquet late in the afternoon, and the other team was coming from several hours away.

As a coach, here would my case for avoiding Mitty: Mitty is better and very well-coached. Our best and likely only chance to beat them is to surprise them, get them off guard and somehow hang on. If we play them during the regular season they'll know our weaknesses even better and our chances of winning in postseason, the most important game, are less.

Terrific game to kick things off. Final: St. Marys' 46 Pinewood 45.

Pinewood jumped out to an 11-0 lead and held on till late in the fourth. Kori Rogers had a couple of big steals and buckets to put St. Mary's in front with three mins to go. Katherine Garr responded with back to back three pointers and it was tied with 7 seconds to go. Jordan Lee, who had a quiet game, stole Pinewood's inbounds pass and drew a foul. She hit one of two from the line for the ultimate margin though Pinewood's desperation heave at the buzzer came close.

Rooting for more competitive matchups like this one.

PER X (formerly Twitter)
Kameo Williams
@gemsinthegym
·
1h ago
McClatchy 45
Oakland Tech 32
Final

Player Of The Game
Nina Cain (21 pts and 12 rebs)

I haven't been on here in ages and just came on to see what is going on in girls basketball.

Don't mean to pile on, but why isn't a "Sabrina Ionescu Tournament" hosted by Miramonte? Why isn't this named after a Carondelet former star? There are plenty.

Reactions: observer22
I haven't been on here in ages and just came on to see what is going on in girls basketball.

Don't mean to pile on, but why isn't a "Sabrina Ionescu Tournament" hosted by Miramonte? Why isn't this named after a Carondelet former star? There are plenty.
Great question. May be more about Kelly and a good recruiting - er advertising opportunity for his latest school.

Great question. May be more about Kelly and a good recruiting - er advertising opportunity for his latest school.
Honestly, I think his school takes a backseat to his AAU team. I'm sure C-Let has given him a magic wand to get players in yet they don't have a big-time player in Sabrina, Chelli, etc. They're solid, but not great, YET. When he got hired, I said on here that it would take him 2-3 years before they'd start running the table...boy was I wrong. He's won many games, but nowhere near where I thought they'd be.

Reactions: observer22
1st...Apparently CLET has an absolutely loaded 8th grade class coming in next yr so that may be changing sooner than later.

2nd...its been my understanding that CLET is very strict on their tuition. The admin doesn't bend too much on cutting students a tuition break (some might call it scholarships..others financial aid/assistance) and I think it may be harder to get some of the better players in from the not so well off families than anticipated.

Last edited:
1st...Apparently CLET has an absolutely loaded 8th grade class coming in next yr so that may be changing sooner than later.

2nd...its been my understanding that CLET is very strict on their tuition. The admin doesn't bend too much on cutting students a salary break (some might call it scholarships..others financial assistance) and I think it may be harder to get some of the better players in from the not so well off families than anticipated.
Then that makes sense. It's interesting if you look at all of the differences between DLS and C-Let. They're the same, yet different. DLS pulls from a diverse population from Antioch, Pittsburg, and Concord and while I can't say for certainty, I'd be surprised if many of those students can afford to pay full tuition.

You look at Calapari and while he's won a national championship, he's definitely on the hot seat. Do any of you think that there's a "hot seat" in girls basketball or are administrators fine with who's in charge as long as they're winning and not causing a ruckus?

2nd...its been my understanding that CLET is very strict on their tuition. The admin doesn't bend too much on cutting students a tuition break (some might call it scholarships..others financial aid/assistance) and I think it may be harder to get some of the better players in from the not so well off families than anticipated.
Their max aid is $7,500. Thats both academically and athletically. So thats $16,500 you are on the hook for. Of course there are other schools that provide more if not the whole thing.... (allegedly)

16k a year or for the 4 years?
That would be per year. Heck if you can get under $20k per year for a catholic school thats a win right there. Some of these catholics are approaching $30K per year now. And then you have your private ones that are close to $40K.

That would be per year. Heck if you can get under $20k per year for a catholic school thats a win right there. Some of these catholics are approaching $30K per year now. And then you have your private ones that are close to $40K.
aint no way... ima pay for something that is offered abundately for free....

This is america, people are not smart with their money. They will spend 100k (a lot more when you take into account their club team fees) chasing a scholarship that might end up being worth that much, not get the scholarship, make their kid take out a loan to go to school since they already spent the college fund and put their kid into debt when they could have just sent the kid to school for free

This is america, people are not smart with their money. They will spend 100k (a lot more when you take into account their club team fees) chasing a scholarship that might end up being worth that much, not get the scholarship, make their kid take out a loan to go to school since they already spent the college fund and put their kid into debt when they could have just sent the kid to school for free
i got a friend who has 3 boys and the dad is not around. lived in the logan district but sent 2 of the kids to moreau because it was 'better' for sports and academics. i surely hope she didnt pay 20k a year for them cuz she was the only provider for the family. neither kid was great athletically and only 1 went to junior college to play but lasted a season. neither go to college now. wasted all that money just for the kid to get a job at the tesla factory.

i got a friend who has 3 boys and the dad is not around. lived in the logan district but sent 2 of the kids to moreau because it was 'better' for sports and academics. i surely hope she didnt pay 20k a year for them cuz she was the only provider for the family. neither kid was great athletically and only 1 went to junior college to play but lasted a season. neither go to college now. wasted all that money just for the kid to get a job at the tesla factory.
Your friend either is really well to do or a miracle worker to be able to send the two to Moreau. Probably a safe assumption that if the kids went to Logan they wouldve ended up in the same place now. You just can't put a price tag on those extra Religion classes like Scripture and Church History.

24k a year at moreau * 4 years * 2 kids = 192k. Logan = Free.99. Public school math taught me which one I should choose

Your friend either is really well to do or a miracle worker to be able to send the two to Moreau. Probably a safe assumption that if the kids went to Logan they wouldve ended up in the same place now. You just can't put a price tag on those extra Religion classes like Scripture and Church History.
she isnt rich but she is an elite hustler... i will give her that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT