ADVERTISEMENT

Some NCS teams are changing divisions in 2015

mshNASTY

Sports Fanatic
Sep 2, 2008
http://cifncs.org/sports/football/files/15FBDivisions.pdf

Just an Interesting note a few teams from the NCS are changing divisions due to enrollment decreases or increases in 2015.

1. Antioch goes from D1 to D2... With Harris and others they could be major contenders in the next two years!
2. Dublin goes from D2 to D1... Been a long time coming, they've never really been a player in D2, they'll continue mediocrity in EBAL and D1
3. College Park goes from D2 to D1 again... They always seem to be on the border, it wasn't more than a few years ago they beat Foothill and Amador Valley in the D1 playoffs in back to back years as underdogs.
4. Santa Rosa goes from D2 to D1... No surprise they were D1 2 years ago
5. Eureka petitions from D3 to D2... Sucks for any Bay Area team if they earn a home game in the playoffs!
6. San Lorenzo goes from D2 to D3... Last I hear they had less than 10 kids playing in soph class last year
7. Ukiah goes from D3 to D2... I think I'd rather be in D2 than D3 for football, either way not a contender
8. San Rafael goes from D4 to D3... They might be OK if all their talent didn't play at Marin Catholic
9. Piner goes from D4 to D3... Honestly I don't know much about their program...
10. Terra Linda goes from D4 to D3... See above
11. St. Helena does from D5 to D4... Good small town program, with 5 students separating them from D4-5 they should still compete.

Dublin in the EBAL.....to competete they will have to change to the triple option and scrap the spread.

Tri-Valley - I don't think the triple is the answer. Livermore has a winning record against Dublin in the last few meetings, Dublin won the last one in the 2012 playoffs, and they've been running the triple in EBAL since Haubner has been there and seen the same ole results. If memory serves Dublin was running the wishbone in Wades first year with that talented class. Either way it's been 3 years under Wade, 3 completely different offenses. They've also been through 3 DC's in the last two years including firing Millard mid-season... I guess we'll wait and see what new stuff they got up their sleeve this year.

Antioch is using the same loop hole that Clayton uses in order to go division 2. They underestimate the incoming Frosh class the spring before the new year. Not to mention they already set up a lovely division 3 schedule. I wouldn't be surprised if they still do not make the NCS division 2 title game. Their staff is pretty terrible. I would take the Heritage staff over Antioch. Heritage and Freedom are solid guys. Pittsburg is cream of the entire BVAL. Liberty isn't bad but after the fiasco with Willie Williams whom apparently robbed a store in his basketball jersey, and now taking Thompson from Pittsburg, I don't know how long that staff lasts before something terrible happens there. Solid support system at Liberty but like Clayton, the alumni and community here won't tolerate criminal athletes any more.

I feel for Santa Rosa. Other than badminton and girls basketball I don't know of a sport in which they consistently are near the top of the pack in their league. I have heard that their own enrollment makes them D2. But by district rules the students at Ridgeway School, which is where students who can't fit in at any of the other schools in the district are sent, are permitted to play sports at Santa Rosa, so that puts them into D1 enrollment numbers, even though very few of the Ridgeway students ever do participate in any sport.

Quaffer - that's a raw deal for SR considering they're the only D1 school in the old Redwood Empire

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT