ADVERTISEMENT

SRV hosts Carondelet

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Carondelet is 23-7, SRV 27-4…

These two met back in January, SRV winning a close one…. No reason to think this rematch won’t be close, also.

Allie Cummins opens the scoring for Carondelet…. 2-0.

Cummins again, 4-0.

Sierra Chambers of SRV fouled, FT’s split…. 4-1.

Jamie Kent gets inside for the Carondelet Cougars, scores…. 6-1.

Chambers fouled on a try, FT’s good…. 6-3 Cougars.

3’s traded…. 9-6. but Chambers scores…. 9-8 Carondelet. 2:48 left 1st.

Cummins drives, fouled.. FT’s good…. 11-8 Carondelet.

Nice pass to Avery Knapp for an SRV score, 11-10…. but Cummins fouled, makes 2…. 13-10 Cougars.

1:06 left 1st.

Terrific full-court pass to Cummins after a rebound, makes the layup…. 15-10.

Knap with a turnaround J…. and then a SRV steal! Sofia Bowes takes it all the way for a score, just ahead of the buzzer!

15-14 Carondelet after 1.

Keisha Vitalicio recieves a pass on the way to the rack, scores for the Cougars… next time down, Cummins fouled but misse the front end. 19-14 Cougars.

Amanda Kerner fouled, SRV FT’s, both go. 19-16 Cougars.

Steal, SRV’s Kerner scores on the break…. 19-18 Cougars.

5:26 left in the half.

Jamie Kent with a wing 3 for the Cougars, Chambers gets in and scores for SRV…. 22-20 Cougars.

Kerner hits a corner 3 for SRV… 23-22 SRV.

time out SRV with 2:38 left in the half.

SRV up 27-22 now…. 14 seconds left, Carondelet gets a last try, no go…and that’s the half. 27-22 SRV.

Bombs away! SRV’s Chambers with a 3, then the next time down, a terrif pass to set up a score…

Cummins gets the Cougars on the 2nd half board. 32-24 SRV.

Nice pass sets up a Carondelet score, but SRV answers with a 3…. 35-26.

and another, by Chambers…. 38-26, SRV threatening an early TKO.

Kent puts back a miss for the Cougars…. 38-28 SRV. Time out, 3:56 left in the 3rd.

Vitalicio nails a 3 for the Cougars! and they get a stop…. 38-31 SRV, 2:56 left.

Cummins drives to the rack, fouled on the way up…. FT’s good…. 38-33 SRV.

1:10 left 3rd.

SRV 3 at the buzzer…. Nope…. 38-33 SRV after 3 quarters.

Cummins offensive board, score…. 38-35 SRV.

SRV scores, nice pocket pass in a crowd, couldn’t see who to who…. 40-35 SRV.

BIG 3 for Tera Chen of SRV, 43-35.

5:29 left.

Cummins nails a wing 3 for Carondelet! 43-38, 5:02 left.

SRV breaks the press, easy score…. 45-38.

SRV offensive foul, Anneka Lupinck fouled underneath on the way up…. FT’s split. 46-38.

Jamie Kent scores off a nice post entry pass…. but Chambers scores for SRV…. 48-40. 3:12 left.

Cummins gets a shot up, fouled on the miss…. FT’s good, 48-42.

Lupinck nails a corner 3 for SRV…. Cougars hit one of their own…. 51-45.

CHambers drives, draws the foul, 2 shots…. both good. 53-45.

Zoe Gregorios nails a 3 for the Cougars! 53-48, they rebound a miss…. Cummins drives, draws the foul on a shot…. FT’s both good, 53-50…. 1:18 left, a 1-possession game!

SRV with the lead and the ball…

COugars get a stop…. oass to Cummins in the paint, she hits it! 53-52…. Bowes fouled, 19 seconds…. Front end good…. bonus also…. 55-52, 19.7 seconds left, Carondelet ball when play resumes…. 55-52 SRV.

Pass to Kent on the backdoor, she lays it in…. 55-54!

Time out, 9 seconds left…. SRV ball, their own end…. Carondelet in full-court press, SRV can’t get the ball inbounds, calls time…. the wheels, they are a-turnin’!

Chambers gets pass, fouled immediately…. 1 and 1.

Front end, NO! But SRV rebounds, Carondelet has to foul again! Double bonus now for Sofia Bowes…. First good, 2nd also.

Cummins takes a 3-pointer, it goes!! But…. Too late. They are talking it over, looked clearly too late from where I was…

LONGGGGG discussion at halfcourt, but the refs ultimately wave it off! SRV wins 57-54.

Like I said, from my angle, almost directly behind the shooter, it was still in her hand when the buzzer sounded.

I like my health, I’m not gonna discuss it with any Carondelet fans…. :)

LONGGGGG discussion at halfcourt, but the refs ultimately wave it off! SRV wins 57-54.

Like I said, from my angle, almost directly behind the shooter, it was still in her hand when the buzzer sounded.

I like my health, I’m not gonna discuss it with any Carondelet fans…. :)
Yeah that shot was about as close as it gets. I saw a hand held phone video replay, and it took about a minute to find the frame that showed it in her hand with 0.0 on the clock.
It’s really too bad as it banked in from way deep and would have been an incredible shot, but I was thinking why aren’t they getting the shot up sooner as the clock was winding down. Turned out it was a split second late.
One ref waved it off immediately, but all 3 met at half court to discuss what they saw while both teams and the packed house awaited the call.

Great competitive game by both squads, coming on the heals of an overtime victory by the SRV boys over Sacred Heart Prep. The crowd really got their money’s worth tonight.

Reactions: TheHillZ
I went back and watched the games last two minutes. The ball was out the Clet players hands in the air with 1.9 on the
Scoreboard clock.. the real scoreboard at the game… so unless the film and the game clock were out of sync… but with
That said…on that last play… the cock starts at least a second and a half… two seconds late…if anybody has NFHS… go back and watch the game

I saw a assistant coach run into the court

With a cell phone video and the refs refused to watch it… he had a good look of the play right behind the shooter… did you see that video ? Maybe we can get him to post it

Carondelet folks saw the video and all agreed the shot did not get off. Apparently one ref called it good and one waved it off, which was the reason for the discussion.

I'm going to ask Dave Cutaia if officials can look at video to make these kinds of decisions.

I just watched on NFHS and I think the clock video on the stream is delayed a bit. Watch the inbounds play before. Ball inbounds but the clock in video doesn’t start for a beat or two. The horn clearly sounds before the ball leaves her hand but click still has time on it highlighting the syncing issue.

Carondelet folks saw the video and all agreed the shot did not get off. Apparently one ref called it good and one waved it off, which was the reason for the discussion.

I'm going to ask Dave Cutaia if officials can look at video to make these kinds of decisions.
refhoops what say you?

I saw a assistant coach run into the court

With a cell phone video and the refs refused to watch it… he had a good look of the play right behind the shooter… did you see that video ? Maybe we can get him to post it
the assistant coaches job is to get water and count timeouts.

Looking at video is only permitted at State Finals. Obviously looking at cell phone video would never be permitted.
My question would be "Why not?" In this case, had the basket been ruled good, it would have been a clear case of getting it wrong even though the means of getting it right were clearly available.

Saw a picture on Twitter from right behind Carondelet’s coach and clearly shows 0.00 on clock and ball still in players hand. Would be much easier if backboard had lights.

Reactions: blex20
This Mercury news video clearly shows the shot was late. The officials got it right:
The Admin at the end of the game looked like he could have handled it a little better. Had that been another team, things could have gotten out of hand. Grats to both teams for having a successful year. Good luck to SRV

My question would be "Why not?" In this case, had the basket been ruled good, it would have been a clear case of getting it wrong even though the means of getting it right were clearly available.
because schools dont have the money to have cameras and monitors at all schools? pretty sure the teachers would like more pay instead of wasting money on a camera for a team that wins 3 games. (not your school but most public schools)

Reactions: NCallie1
This is exactly how it should be done. The slot official waved it off and that was her job. She did it with a emphatic motion, so the only issue I see is even having a talk. If she said no good, how can someone else tell her what she saw/heard? Should have walked off immediately.
The guy with the cell phone was hilarious!!!!!

nobody called it good. the ref marked the shot, she didnt not raise the other arm which would have meant a good try.

Good point. For at least these playoff games it makes sense to have something.

The coaches put in so so many hrs with little pay so i dont mind the assistant getting a little emotional when the SRV fan runs onto the court as this call was obviously huge and ultimately a season ender. I will say by the video posted on this thread that the shot was undoubtedly after the buzzer and the refs made the correct call.

The coaches put in so so many hrs with little pay so i dont mind the assistant getting a little emotional when the SRV fan runs onto the court as this call was obviously huge and ultimately a season ender. I will say by the video posted on this thread that the shot was undoubtedly after the buzzer and the refs made the correct call.
Getting a little emotional is certainly understandable. When it gets close to violent it goes over the line. In the end their girls handled it a lot better than the assistant coaches...

Reactions: Coach_Case
Getting a little emotional is certainly understandable. When it gets close to violent it goes over the line. In the end their girls handled it a lot better than the assistant coaches...
Close to violence? What? 🤣

Umm. The assistant coach was just barking at the SRV fan who ran onto the court. Not even close to any kind of violence. Yikes! Lol

Reactions: Coach_Case
Haha it was much more than barking at a SRV fan but as someone mentioned earlier once they saw the replay hopefully they accepted that the correct call had been made...

Reactions: northbaybbguru
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT