ADVERTISEMENT

SRV hosts Carondelet

because schools dont have the money to have cameras and monitors at all schools? pretty sure the teachers would like more pay instead of wasting money on a camera for a team that wins 3 games. (not your school but most public schools)
I don't thik anyone is asking for it to be mandated, just to be able to use it if available. Are they allowed to use it in the case of an altercation with players leaving the bench?

Haha it was much more than barking at a SRV fan but as someone mentioned earlier once they saw the replay hopefully they accepted that the correct call had been made...
There is a pretty sizeable gray area between barking and violence. IMO it was much closer to the former and nowhere near the latter.

Close to violence? What? 🤣

Umm. The assistant coach was just barking at the SRV fan who ran onto the court. Not even close to any kind of violence. Yikes! Lol
Northbaybbguru,

From what the video showed I agree with you. What you did not see is during the handshake line a Carondelet assistant coach attempted to get in a physical altercation and threatened a SRV assistant that he was going to kick his a**. This happened in front of all the girls and coaches. It was completely uncalled for and a sad ending to a very hard fought game between two very good teams.

Something was definitely brewing after the handshake line.
This is accurate. It was in the handshake line the issues began. The girls on both teams acted with class. It was one assistant Carondelet coach who made a scene trying to start a physical altercation.

Something was definitely brewing after the handshake line.
Northbaybbguru,

From what the video showed I agree with you. What you did not see is during the handshake line a Carondelet assistant coach attempted to get in a physical altercation and threatened a SRV assistant that he was going to kick his a**. This happened in front of all the girls and coaches. It was completely uncalled for and a sad ending to a very hard fought game between two very good teams.
To be fair, said Carondelet assistant coach was also seen apologizing to the SRV coaches after the game (when no one was looking).

Reactions: NorCalTown
Good morning everyone,

This is Ryan, Carondelet Assistant coach. There is a lot of conversation going on in regards to the end of our game and it’s unfortunate that it’s not centered around the tremendous game that took place that night.

I have my role and there is no denying. However, what is being said is not entirely accurate. So let be the one to explain some points that were brought up;

1. The video of the “yelling” was about the attempt to share cell phone video of the final shot attempt. Joe, who is an assistant, and a friend attempted to to share that video with the officials. At the time we had no idea if the shot was good or not, but did know the refs were @ some sort of odds as well. Yes, I was in the moment and did yell at Joe about sharing the video and that I thought it was a “bush” league move. That was what was said and that was what you see. You also see me holding back and directing others to our sideline.

2. The account of what took place in the handshake line is a bit off also. You will see me congratulating and praising individual players on SRV for their amazing fight (Bowes), tremendous individual effort (Sierra) and others. I happen to have amazing coach to player relationships with a number of the kids and hold that very close to my heart as that’s what we do this for. While shaking hands Joe took exception to my handshake and that’s where the perceived issue is. There was no threat of beating anyone up or fighting but there was a disagreement on what was said as well as the handshake. It may have lasted 5-7secs and that was literally it.

3. It was mentioned that after leaving the locker room I was seen apologizing to Joe. What took place before that was Jon coming up to me to apologize on behalf of Joe for the handshake line. At that point I told him there was no reason for Joe to feel bad or be upset as no offense taken. I asked Jon where Joe was an immediately went over to him and told him that I was sorry for my actions and that I respected and admired our friendship that has been built through this game. We bro hugged and both acknowledged our wrongs. His family was present and heard the entire exchange. I wished them good luck in their upcoming game and then went back to Jon to let him know that Joe and I hugged it out lol. He thanked me and said, “that was very nice and classy and how much he appreciated it as his son felt terrible.”

I obviously felt terribly as well and that it was mutually appreciated.

What also what wasn’t seen, is me then seeking out the SRV kids and reiterating my admiration for how hard they played and their amazing win. At that time I told another parent whom I happen to coach his daughter Paige how I thought she was a HUGE reason why they won and that she should be proud and dad as well. He thanked me and was so happy to share that with her.

4. The Buffet comment… I also would like to acknowledge my weight gain and let you know this is something that I to need to address and promise to all of you that this time next season you will see a slimmed down version of this very dedicated, big hearted, passionate coach.

With that being said, I have refrained from commenting on this board for quite some time but needed to be sure that in this case I owned my actions and shared the truth that can be backed by both Jon and Joe.

One last thing, for those that don’t know me personally I know I can come off as a BIG jerk and and an ass at times. I do need to change that perception I acknowledge that. But what you do need to trust and believe is that Kelly who has to deal with enough noise would not have me as a face for either of his basketball platforms if I didn’t have good intentions, strong basketball leadership qualities and a big heart for our athletes.

People may or may not agree with this statement/post but I needed to share and would love to introduce myself and open myself to each and everyone of you so you can get to know who I am.

I give and sacrifice all that I have for the student athletes in our communities and I adore all of these kids for all that they give back to all of us coaches.

I hope this helps clarify the perception and the events of the other night and please accept my apology if my actions offended and disappointed anyone.

Good luck to the amazing teams still playing and thank you everyone for hearing me out.

Ryan

Last edited:
Good morning everyone,

This is Ryan, Carondelet Assistant coach. There is a lot of conversation going on in regards to the end of our game and it’s unfortunate that it’s not centered around the tremendous game that took place that night.

I have my role and there is no denying. However, what is being said is not entirely accurate. So let be the one to explain some points that were brought up;

1. The video of the “yelling” was about the attempt to share cell phone video of the final shot attempt. Joe, who is an assistant, and a friend attempted to to share that video with the officials. At the time we had no idea if the shot was good or not, but did know the refs were @ some sort of odds as well. Yes, I was in the moment and did yell at Joe about sharing the video and that I thought it was a “bush” league move. That was what was said and that was what you see. You also see me holding back and directing others to our sideline.

2. The account of what took place in the handshake line is a bit off also. You will see me congratulating and praising individual players on SRV for their amazing fight (Bowes), tremendous individual effort (Sierra) and others. I happen to have amazing coach to player relationships with a number of the kids and hold that very close to my heart as that’s what we do this for. While shaking hands Joe took exception to my handshake and that’s where the perceived issue is. There was no threat of beating anyone up or fighting but there was a disagreement on what was said as well as the handshake. It may have lasted 5-7secs and that was literally it.

3. It was mentioned that after leaving the locker room I was seen apologizing to Joe. What took place before that was Jon coming up to me to apologize on behalf of Joe for the handshake line. At that point I told him there was no reason for Joe to feel bad or be upset as no offense taken. I asked Jon where Joe was an immediately went over to him and told him that I was sorry for my actions and that I respected and admired our friendship that has been built through this game. We bro hugged and both acknowledged our wrongs. His family was present and heard the entire exchange. I wished them good luck in their upcoming game and then went back to Jon to let him know that Joe and I hugged it out lol. He thanked me and said, “that was very nice and classy and how much he appreciated it as his son felt terrible.”

What also what wasn’t seen, is me then seeking out the SRV kids and reiterating my admiration for how hard they played and their amazing win. At that time I told another parent whom I happen to coach his daughter Paige how I thought she was a HUGE reason why they won and that she should be proud and dad as well. He thanked me and was so happy to share that with her.

4. The Buffet comment… I also would like to acknowledge my weight gain and let you know this is something that I to need to address and promise to all of you that this time next season you will see a slimmed down version of this very dedicated, big hearted, passionate coach.

With that being said, I have refrained from commenting on this board for quite some time but needed to be sure that in this case I owned my actions and shared the truth that can be backed by both Jon and Joe.

One last thing, for those that don’t know me personally I know I can come off as a BIG jerk and and an ass at times. I do need to change that perception I acknowledge that. But what you do need to trust and believe is that Kelly who has to deal with enough noise would not have me as a face for either of his basketball platforms if I didn’t have good intentions, strong basketball leadership qualities and a big heart for our athletes.

People may or may not agree with this statement/post but I needed to share and would love to introduce myself and open myself to each and everyone of you so you can get to know who I am.

I give and sacrifice all that I have for the student athletes in our communities and I adore all of these kids for all that they give back to all of us coaches.

I hope this helps clarify the perception and the events of the other night and please accept my apology if my actions offended and disappointed anyone.

Good luck to the amazing teams still playing and thank you everyone for hearing me out.

Ryan
this is what Dr KIng wanted. Amazing

Good morning everyone,

Ryan
I can confirm that you come off as a jerk,,,,, LOL Dude I had to!! The bait was too hard to pass up!
In straight talk, Ryan is a class act. Great competitor and a great friend. Many of times we have had
basketball talks and life itself conversations. Video clips tell any story you want, that's the age we are today.
Screw the slim version, stay sexy BBQ version.

My brotha

Ryan
Ryan,

You need not apologize for this. My attempt of metaphoric humor if it offended you, then I am sorry for this deeply. We take our health sometimes for granted and the ones that struggle with it should be applauded for their gains no matter how small they are.

I did not view you as a large unhealthy person at all. I thought you were just a normal sized dude to be honest. And if you do enjoy buffets, more power to you! I'm no judge. If you like to eat, go eat! Do what you love!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT