ADVERTISEMENT

St. Ignatius grad takes SDSU to the Final Four

Prolific Prep post grad alum.
Transfered up and made it to the final four.
Way to challenge yourself!

Yup to all statements above…

I’ll bet he’s always been told, “You’re too small, you’ll never make it in this big man’s game”, all that stuff…

Lil guy don’t care. Impressive!

Reactions: Scott2138
And where he lived and mother lived for a long time, he went to Tam High……yes that’s where the fight and shooting happened
Not just a shooting, a 6 year old boy was murdered by a shot fired from Tupac's gun, his brother allegedly fired the gun. No charges were filed due to lack of witnesses, although Tupac paid the child's parents to settle the civil case

And where he lived and mother lived for a long time, he went to Tam High……yes that’s where the fight and shooting happened
i remembered that part in the movie. then i always said... when did black people show up in marin cuz i aint ever seen any.

Not just a shooting, a 6 year old boy was murdered by a shot fired from Tupac's gun, his brother allegedly fired the gun. No charges were filed due to lack of witnesses, although Tupac paid the child's parents to settle the civil case
And that was over some funk with Tupac not delivering on his promise to do a feature with Marin City’s own 51/50 so people weren’t happy when he showed up at the fair…..the little boy was a friend of mine little cousin was ****ed up

Pretty freakin cool a WCAL (and a SF school to boot) guy is playing in the Final Four. I dont know if thats ever happened. Trammell is really the only reason any bay area person actually will tune into this sad version of March Madness. Im not seeing one guy of the remaining 4 that is an actually lottery pick. Landscape of college hoops is never more evident than what you're seeing this March Madness.

Reactions: ayalar09
Pretty freakin cool a WCAL (and a SF school to boot) guy is playing in the Final Four. I dont know if thats ever happened. Trammell is really the only reason any bay area person actually will tune into this sad version of March Madness. Im not seeing one guy of the remaining 4 that is an actually lottery pick. Landscape of college hoops is never more evident than what you're seeing this March Madness.
Riordan’s Terrence Mullins played as a freshman for Oklahoma when it played against Kansas and Danny Manning in the 1988 NCAA Title game. That Sooner team had Stacey King, Mookie Blaylock and Horace Grant.

Riordan’s Terrence Mullins played as a freshman for Oklahoma when it played against Kansas and Danny Manning in the 1988 NCAA Title game. That Sooner team had Stacey King, Mookie Blaylock and Horace Grant.
Mullins was a bucket! One of the best hoop games I've ever watched was at a Riordan preseason tournament when Riordan with Mullins and Chris Munk playing against Skyline with Payton and Greg Foster. Got my $2 worth on that game!

Are you guys Just referring to only wcal guys ? I know bennet Davison by way of Analy/srjc was instrumental in Lute Olson’s ncaa championship back in 1998 at Arizona. Also Craig McMillan from Cloverdale was starter on zona final 4 with Kerr, Tolbert, rooks, Elliot , etc

And Marin city has always been black. Goes back to shipbuilding days in ww2 as mc415 said.

Gary Payton interview dropping Greg Foster, Terrence Mullins and Chris Munk…

but you only see 1 freshman playing strong minutes. so people complain about the 1 and done, and now complain when teams are old and seasoned? what gives??

Speak for yourself I love watching some new blood and watching Marin Catholic Joey Calcaterra playing some serious minutes……I’m tuned more then in a long time this tourney

The Covid transfer rules completely changed and shook up the college landscape. That and the NIL deals.

Trammell alone has probably went from maybe a 10-20k player to 100k+. The city of San Diego has never had a major championship like this, If SDSU can pull it off.

Florida Atlantic and SDSU are experienced teams. Both benefited from the transfer rules. Especially SDSU. Both play a ton of seniors. Both also have no one who will get drafted.

What’s the old saying….if you’re good enough they’ll find you. You no longer have to go to a Kentucky, a Duke, a North Carolina to get drafted in the lottery. You can essentially go to any D1 school you want.

Mid majors have more of a shot than ever before….and I kind of like it.

but you only see 1 freshman playing strong minutes. so people complain about the 1 and done, and now complain when teams are old and seasoned? what gives??
Way, way back in the day post WWII, it was not unusual to have AAA guys playing for USF when the Dons were dominant on the national scene. Guys like Fred LaCour, Stan Buchanan, Gene Brown, KC Jones, Bill Mallen and others all played in Final Fours. But that was in a much different era. Very little national recruiting. Virtually no TV money at all. No club hoops. No NIL, of course. It was an innocent era. But SF high schools, public and private, supplied California colleges with far more talent than they do now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT