ADVERTISEMENT

St. Mary's-Stockton Showcase Schedule

I thought this was Tom G's event, not SMS? Any word on if he's ever gonna coach again??

Folsom vs. Cardinal Newman
After 1Q: Folsom 19, CN 13
Halftime: Folsom 35, CN 26

Earlier Games:

St. Mary's beat Centennial Corona 69-62

La Jolla Country Day beat Vanden 60-55

Rancho Christian beat Piedmont

Clovis West beat Centennial-NV 71-59

Mission Hills beat Priory 66-50

Folsom vs. Cardinal Newman
After 1Q: Folsom 19, CN 13
Halftime: Folsom 35, CN 26
Cardinal Newman beats Folsom, 57-49

After 3Q: tied 44-44
Folsom goes frigid cold in 2nd half shooting, scoring only 9 points in Q3 and only 5 points in Q4. Folsom's Mafua had a poor shooting night. Folsom also missed too many free throws in the 2nd half. Cardinal Newman's half-court defense was outstanding too, limiting Folsom's field goal percentage.

Last edited:
Cardinal Newman beats Folsom, 57-49

After 3Q: tied 44-44
Folsom goes frigid cold in 2nd half shooting, scording only 9 points in Q3 and only 5 points in Q4. Folsom's Mafua had a poor shooting night. Folsom also missed too many free throws in the 2nd half. Cardinal Newman's half-court defense was outstanding too, limiting Folsom's field goal percentage.
Big for NorCal open seeding too with a head to head win over Folsom.

The Mission Hills v Priory game was a good one. Priory led for a lot of the game and just got gassed in the 4th. I think they were down a few players. I only saw 6 girls play. Mission Hills beat Pinewood in great game about 10 days ago. I have a feeling the Pinewood v Priory game next week will be a thriller!

The Mission Hills v Priory game was a good one. Priory led for a lot of the game and just got gassed in the 4th. I think they were down a few players. I only saw 6 girls play. Mission Hills beat Pinewood in great game about 10 days ago. I have a feeling the Pinewood v Priory game next week will be a thriller!
The 3 bigs for Priory didn't play again. Are they hurt? Or? This is the 2nd time I've watched WP play and both times the 3 bigs were in sweats and not playing. Does anyone have any info on their status?

The CW vs Centennial(Vegas) game was a typical CW game. Centennial was battling in a close game for most of the game and they let down on a couple of possessions and BAM Clovis went on an 8-0 run in a blink of an eye and it was a 12 pt lead and game over. Typical CW..relentless pressure...subbing 3 at a time every couple of mins. CW is not real big but they did have the 6'2 big that played at SJM last year on the bench in street clothes. Apparently she's eligible but banged up so when she comes back that will give CW some much needed size.

Kudos to whomever worked out the matchups for this event. They were generally much more even than other similar jamborees.

Priory played seven. The two transfers from Palo Alto did a lot of the damage in the game. Between them they hit 9 or 10 three pointers. Priory's twin bigs have not played this year. Their lone senior, the post who committed to Cal Poly, had been starting. No idea what the issue was yesterday.

Mission Hills put on a full court press to start the 4th quarter and went on a 25-2 run. The final score would've been worse, but for a couple of late buckets.

Very interested to see how Folsom rebounds against a very good Mission Hills team on Monday.

McClatchy upsets LJCD, 63-60 this morning. That was not expected. Close game. Too bad it wasn't on NFHS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT