ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship Game Thread: Day 2

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
The D4 game is getting underway between Immanuel and Ribet Academy.

Campolindo-Colony and Sheldon-Sierra Canyon are the other two boys games.

Ribet Academy leads Immanuel 29-28 at halftime.

Immanuel has 10 turnovers and Ribet has taken 17 more shots.

Ribet's Snookey Wigington has a game high 13 points

Darned good half!! Immanuel looked on paper like they might be in trouble here, but they play the games on hardwood, not paper...

If Immanuel limits the turnovers and swings the rock they have a great shot at this despite the talent/size difference......and leave the lefty sophomore Purewal on the floor a bit more....he has a nice, easy stroke beyond the arc.

Good game in D4 with Ribet Academy leading 35-34 with 333 left Q3.

16 lead changes through three quarters.

Ribet Academy leads 44-39 end Q3

Tied at 44 with 421 left.

Immanuel is 6-for-15 from 3s. Ribet Acaemy is 2-for-18

Wow......Ribet with one senior on a 26-3 squad

And he hasn't played tonight.

What is interesting is these types of teams pop up from the South, but then rarely get back. Not sure if it is transfers or just tough brackets

#3 might have sealed the game for Ribet Academy. Just terrific ball pressure to force steal and easy lay-up.

Ribet up 7 with 1:22 left

Reactions: hoopisthegame
Ribet has too much size/quickness for Immanuel to keep thinking the dribble-drive is gonna work.

Good effort by Immanuel though......actually out-rebounded the much-taller Ribet team.....TOs killed them.....had to be at least two-dozen.

And he hasn't played tonight.

What is interesting is these types of teams pop up from the South, but then rarely get back. Not sure if it is transfers or just tough brackets

Well it does make a difference which “division” they are placed in. Had they been placed in D3, chances are we would never had heard from them this year. They could end up in D2 next year and lose early. It’s not like the D4 winner is one of the top teams in SoCal.

It’s hard to think of Immanuel as a NorCal team. Haven’t heard about them all year. It generates zero North-South rivalry in me. Just a game betreeen 2 far away teams.

Well it does make a difference which “division” they are placed in. Had they been placed in D3, chances are we would never had heard from them this year. They could end up in D2 next year and lose early. It’s not like the D4 winner is one of the top teams in SoCal.

It’s hard to think of Immanuel as a NorCal team. Haven’t heard about them all year. It generates zero North-South rivalry in me. Just a game betreeen 2 far away teams.

Yes now it is more likely a team gets moved up and thus doesn't make it back. However, I have noticed this in past years before CE became the way of the world

Just shows you that no matter what level, this type of stuff happens.

You look at their roster this year and their roster last year and it's like night and day.

Interesting pattern... Colony scores 6, Cougs score 6... Colony scores 4, Cougs score 4... Cougs break the patten with an Aidan 3. 13-10 Cougs. late in 1st

Colony finally makes a 3, their first in nine tries... Halftime, 26-19 Cougs in front.

Superfrosh Aidan Mahaney leads the Cougs with 13... Altman leads Colony with 11.

Foul trouble totally nonexistant for either team... Only player on either side with more than one pf is Altman with two... Only three ft’s taken in the first half, all made... remarkably clean well-played game.

Callas gets offensive board snd takes a hit in the head or maybe poked eye for his trouble... Bennett takes ft for him and makes it... 33-23 at media break 3rd q

it is my job as a parent to put my child in the best possible position to succeed. i would send my child there if the local school was bad and had bad coaching. that is your job as a parent

I didn't say that isn't a parent's job. The issue that quote brings up is a very public admittance that this activity happens. Not surprising it does, but I've never heard a coach say that directly

Reactions: jordan24
Altman nails buzzer 3, but Cougs lead 37-28 going into the final quarter... Altman has 20 of Colony’s 28.

Colony cranking up all the pressure they can muster now... But Aidan scores anyway...

Callas now has 17 and 8 while Aidan has 18 and 6... 49-37 with 3:52 left.

The more I watch Campo the more I like this team. Somebody please offer these Mahany kids scholarships. Colony might be the 3rd best team in Campo's league. I think College Park beats this team.

Reactions: coachlittle
53-39, Ciugs playing keep away!!

54-39... COUGS GONNA WIN STATE!!

31 secs left

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT