ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship Game Thread: Day 2

Honestly don't need the AAU circuit to realize he was the best player on the floor. If I was Bennett the offer would be on the table after that game. (and for sure more will be coming). I think the older brother though is a high D2 player who would excel at a school like UCSD/Pomana/Chico/Humboldt.

i seen campolindo play 3 times this year. i do not know how they win a state title. not a knock on them but a california state title?? crazy.

I also think they would have gone far if placed in Division 1. Closer to a top 10 team than top 25 in NorCal. Those two brothers play so well together and the role guys know their job and execute.

They beat Modesto Christian this year.

Reactions: ayalar09
First of All Congratulations to Kiddman32....you deserve this man, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. A Championship is a Championship.

Now I'm excited to see this Sierra Canyon vs. Sheldon Game. Very nice mix of players. Lots of D1 talent.

Reactions: kiddman32
Good crowd has filled in for this game.

Main event about to get underway

Sierra Canyon leads 10-4 with 324 left Q1

Ton of athletes and skill out there

Kenyon Martin Jr. is extremely talented and underrated. I think hell end up at Georgetown personally. Would fit in well with Mcclung and Akinjo.

Great lil run for Sheldon.

Man I'm cheering for Sheldon. I want to see them pull the mother of all upsets!

Sierra Canyon has outscored Sheldon 14-2 in the second. Up 28-13 about halfway through Q2

Sierra Canyon just comes at you constantly off misses. Up 33-18 despite 13 turnovers.

Sheldon is shooting 28 percent

Sierra Canyon leads 42-25 at halftime.

Kenyon Martin Jr with a big first half

Sierra Canyon leads 51-27 with 456 left Q3.

Huskies getting no scoring outside of Bagley (14 points)

Sierra Canyon has a lot of talent.

But that freshman Amari Bailey....that off the backboard dunk to himself at the end.

Special kid. Special Player....Might be the new Jalen Green :)

Reactions: coachlittle
Sierra Canyon goes back to back in Open with a 76-52 win over Sheldon.

Sierra Canyon had 20 turnovers and won the Open Division game by 24.

Let's be clear. If ANY school can go out and openly recruit, they should not be competing as a CIF school and if CIF is going to allow it then each and every school should be able to do the same frickin' thing.

Reactions: Renard Monroe
Let's be clear. If ANY school can go out and openly recruit, they should not be competing as a CIF school and if CIF is going to allow it then each and every school should be able to do the same frickin' thing.

Mater Dei, St John Bosco, Sierra Canyon, and Bishop Montgomery wholeheartedly agree!

There's a huge difference between sending brochures to prospective students, coaches holding clinics in the community and doing what Ribet did. They should not be competing in CIF.

Lebron James son arrives on varsity next season.... that recruits itself.
LBJ’s son was out played by a local kid during the summer aau circuit so badly that daddy LeBron inquired about the kid’s age! Lol!

Last edited:
There's a huge difference between sending brochures to prospective students, coaches holding clinics in the community and doing what Ribet did. They should not be competing in CIF.

This has been the biggest change. Private schools have access to more kids than public schools, but there seemed to be a line that you stayed behind. Now, that line in long gone and the efforts to get kids has created this wider gap.

LBJ’s son was out played by a local kid during the summer aau circuit so badly that daddy LeBron inquired about the kid’s age! Lol!
i mean according to yall curry outplayed lebron too... does that mean lebron isnt the best player on the planet still? although warrior fans seem to think curry is better than jordan too

This has been the biggest change. Private schools have access to more kids than public schools, but there seemed to be a line that you stayed behind. Now, that line in long gone and the efforts to get kids has created this wider gap.

It seems to be specific to certain Sections. I know that what Ribet did would not be permitted in CCS. However, it appears that Southern Section is much more lenient. It's going to take a large contingent of private and public schools to put pressure on their respective Sections to go to CIF and have them promulgate new rules. A school can do whatever they want, but they are not entitled to compete in CIF.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT