ADVERTISEMENT

State Finals predictions for Friday

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
D5: Lynwood, probably by 30 or more.

(Usually, NorCal wins a lot of the lower-division games, this year I doubt it, at least on the boys side…)

D3: This one is tough to call. Neither team has a bunch of size, maybe a slight edge to Buena if any at all…. Just a hunch, I’ll pick Oakland anyway, 65-62.

D1: Granada’s been playing terrific lately, McKeever has dominated in the playoffs, but I think Notre Dame and its three Power 5 commits has too much firepower. ND wins 71-52.

Offensively, McKeever has struggled somewhat against Salesian (& Riordan), missing a lot of short shots in the paint that he usually makes. He still had 8 blocks, 15 rebounds and changed numerous shots with his long defense. He’ll need to be on his entire game tomorrow for Granada to have a chance.

Last edited:
Offensively, McKeever has struggled somewhat against Salesian (& Riordan), missing a lot of short shots in the paint that he usually makes. He still had 8 blocks, 15 rebounds and changed numerous shots with his long defense. He’ll need to be on his entire game tomorrow for Granada to have a chance.
Mckeever had a double double with 22 points and 10 rebounds at half against Riordan. He finished the game with 31 points and 16 rebounds. Some of the craziest spinning-ball-off-the-backboard finishes I've ever seen from a public school hooper. If that's struggling offensively then I dont even know.

Struggled against Riordan??? You clearly did not watch that game. McKeever had one of his best games of the season and single-handedly took over that game. He was finishing extremely tough shots all night with both hands.

Reactions: observer22
Struggled against Riordan??? You clearly did not watch that game. McKeever had one of his best games of the season and single-handedly took over that game. He was finishing extremely tough shots all night with both hands.
Correct. I stand corrected. I did not watch the whole Riordan game, I just saw some highlights. However, I was at the Salesian game which was the focus of my post. If he wasn’t missing vs the Crusaders then hopefully it was just a 1 game blip and he’ll be back to near automatic inside tomorrow night to close out his HS career.

Reactions: CalvinCambridge
Good luck to all the NorCal boys and girls teams this weekend!
We'll adopt St Joseph's for this weekend - I would think they have a shot vs HW. Would be great if Granada is able to hang with Notre Dame and make that game interesting as well but I expect ND to run them out of the gym unless McKeever and Harris play out of their mind.

Reactions: observer22
The crazy thing about Granada playing for the D1 state title is they were the 6th seed in the EBAL tourney just a couple of weeks ago. Kind of like SRV in 2015 finishing 3rd in the EBAL, then knocking off the Ball brothers in OT to win the state D1 title. It’s a long shot, but go Matadors!

Reactions: jordan24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT