ADVERTISEMENT

The Invisible Man

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
And, just like that, he is gone, MIA as it were. Yes, in the wake of Folsom's Friday CIF NorCal defeat at the unforgiving hands of the hated Spartans from De La Salle, the Prickly Pasty Person has seemingly exited from the conversation on this site. He wasn't involved all that long in the big picture. But his provocative 2022 posts did produce reactions. Not any more. At least not as of this morning. Will he return and dine on some humble pie? Will he admit his flawed argument? One has to wonder. One has to speculate. In the end, though, perhaps one doesn't really care.

Problem is He doesn’t offer any real insights, facts, or quite frankly compelling arguments one way or another. Just a lot of Drama. Make no mistake. DLS dominated that game last night. The score was deceiving. They absolutely crushed the line and in the end Folsom couldn’t stop them. They simply ran the clock out.
And how About that best QB in the state? He didn’t throw a TD pass in the last 2 games and his stats against pitt, dls, rocklin, Serra, etc we’re far from stellar.

And folks…. DLS had more interception than completions!! Folsom Just could not stop the ball.

Fans were stunned and a few had some choice words for Dougherty.

And, just like that, he is gone, MIA as it were. Yes, in the wake of Folsom's Friday CIF NorCal defeat at the unforgiving hands of the hated Spartans from De La Salle, the Prickly Pasty Person has seemingly exited from the conversation on this site. He wasn't involved all that long in the big picture. But his provocative 2022 posts did produce reactions. Not any more. At least not as of this morning. Will he return and dine on some humble pie? Will he admit his flawed argument? One has to wonder. One has to speculate. In the end, though, perhaps one doesn't really care.
He’ll be back. He’ll just be using a different name again

I feel bad for Folsom that they have that “fan” representing them on this board. He’s an obvious troll that offers nothing but simply getting reactions out of posters. I doubt Folsom would get even a fraction of the hate they receive on here if it wasn’t for that guy. All it takes is one bad apple…

Problem is He doesn’t offer any real insights, facts, or quite frankly compelling arguments one way or another. Just a lot of Drama. Make no mistake. DLS dominated that game last night. The score was deceiving. They absolutely crushed the line and in the end Folsom couldn’t stop them. They simply ran the clock out.
And how About that best QB in the state? He didn’t throw a TD pass in the last 2 games and his stats against pitt, dls, rocklin, Serra, etc we’re far from stellar.

And folks…. DLS had more interception than completions!! Folsom Just could not stop the ball.

Folsoms game plan was not good. If they would have just stacked the box they might win that one. DLS has zero passing attack. Folsom stacked the box more second half and DLS only scored 3 points. They were out coached last night.

Reactions: Cal 14

The real problem is, is he starts threads with things and I am not going to look back for word for word, Del Oro got smoked, Coaches want us out SFL, Folsom dominates DLS, Oak Ridge blah blah blah.

But by far and the stupidest thing any true high school fan knows, you should never ever count DLS out. 4th and 1 last play beats DLS, well, pretty stupid to think they were done and in his case may not even win NCS.

Lastly as one says above, to bad Folsom has such a fan. Frankly and in my opinion it’s to bad the SFL has such a fan. I am WCAL all the way. Come playoff time and pre season no matter what sport, I support all WCAL teams cause we have in the past been the premier league in Nor Cal. And how can one declare the SFL is now the premier in football but blast each team they play week after week.

Sometimes not having a humble bone in the body backfires and last night it sure did. Hell Santa Margarita was supposed to be playing DLS in the finals of the Chris Vontoure, well things happen, and now they are playing for 3rd.

The real problem is, is he starts threads with things and I am not going to look back for word for word, Del Oro got smoked, Coaches want us out SFL, Folsom dominates DLS, Oak Ridge blah blah blah.

But by far and the stupidest thing any true high school fan knows, you should never ever count DLS out. 4th and 1 last play beats DLS, well, pretty stupid to think they were done and in his case may not even win NCS.

Lastly as one says above, to bad Folsom has such a fan. Frankly and in my opinion it’s to bad the SFL has such a fan. I am WCAL all the way. Come playoff time and pre season no matter what sport, I support all WCAL teams cause we have in the past been the premier league in Nor Cal. And how can one declare the SFL is now the premier in football but blast each team they play week after week.

Sometimes not having a humble bone in the body backfires and last night it sure did. Hell Santa Margarita was supposed to be playing DLS in the finals of the Chris Vontoure, well things happen, and now they are playing for 3rd.
Best advice is from people who just ignore it. Why even engage. I need to practice this. We are all reasonable people who love sports. I would say if we all met up most of us would get along great. This guy unfortunately brings it down.

Sounds like Justin Siena really blew it against SM. That Justin team is going to be tough come playoff.

Reactions: Santa Ball
I think Pasty was smart enough to realize that with the injury to Flores, Folsom stood a good chance of losing. Which is why he was quiet going into this game. He isn't surprised by the outcome at all. But Pasty, no need to go into Witness Protection. Sometimes it goes our way, sometimes it doesn't. Takes nothing away from the great season Folsom had. I know you only post certain things to get a rise out of people. It's funny and entertaining........sometimes lol

Reactions: THEOC89
I think Pasty was smart enough to realize that with the injury to Flores, Folsom stood a good chance of losing. Which is why he was quiet going into this game. He isn't surprised by the outcome at all. But Pasty, no need to go into Witness Protection. Sometimes it goes our way, sometimes it doesn't. Takes nothing away from the great season Folsom had. I know you only post certain things to get a rise out of people. It's funny and entertaining........sometimes lol
Didn’t Flores play when they beat DLS earlier this year on the goal line. One stop was what was needed.

Didn’t Flores play when they beat DLS earlier this year on the goal line. One stop was what was needed.
It wouldn’t have Mattered if Flores played last night because the QB had no time to throw all night….

The Folsom Recievers made some really good plays and I don’t remember seeing many drops…. The passes were off the mark because the QB was running for his life all night….

DLS Dominated the LOS and that is what won the game….

Yes,Flores played in that game
So why think that way. He was in the lineup when DLS had them on the ropes and needed one stop, lost 24-20 at the last second stand. So maybe that is why DLS should have never been written off. Oh well. Guess we will have fun debates next year. And I hope DLS loads up. As well as Serra.
It wouldn’t have Mattered if Flores played last night because the QB had no time to throw all night….

The Folsom Recievers made some really good plays and I don’t remember seeing many drops…. The passes were off the mark because the QB was running for his life all night….

DLS Dominated the LOS and that is what won the game….
That was my point. Moving forward I would not discount DLS. May be one of the least talented teams in along time, but fact is they have a pride within that never dies. I hope they add another banner and I hope Pitt wins as well. They are up 7-0

So why think that way. He was in the lineup when DLS had them on the ropes and needed one stop, lost 24-20 at the last second stand. So maybe that is why DLS should have never been written off. Oh well. Guess we will have fun debates next year. And I hope DLS loads up. As well as Serra.

That was my point. Moving forward I would not discount DLS. May be one of the least talented teams in along time, but fact is they have a pride within that never dies. I hope they add another banner and I hope Pitt wins as well. They are up 7-0
I never discounted DLS at all, where did I say that? I said Pasty saw that Flores wasn't going to play in this game, and he feared Folsom would lose without him. Which is why he was conspicuously quiet about this last DLS vs Folsom matchup

I never discounted DLS at all, where did I say that? I said Pasty saw that Flores wasn't going to play in this game, and he feared Folsom would lose without him. Which is why he was conspicuously quiet about this last DLS vs Folsom matchup
Never said you did. I was referring to him. And the fact Flores was in the lineup on a game they could have easily lost, and without him they lost. Sorry if my words didn’t come across better

Reactions: remc
I don’t usually address matters like this but QPR and Pasty have been banned. I understand people can make new accounts but any other accounts I suspect are the same person or fail to follow the rules will also be banned.

I like having a fun back and forth on here and good nature banter makes this a fun place. I’m not interested in having people on here who just want to watch it burn.

I don’t usually address matters like this but QPR and Pasty have been banned. I understand people can make new accounts but any other accounts I suspect are the same person or fail to follow the rules will also be banned.

I like having a fun back and forth on here and good nature banter makes this a fun place. I’m not interested in having people on here who just want to watch it burn.

Thanks Streak. I just hope you are able to keep up with banning these idiots. I’ve got them on ignore and will surely have to ignore again once their new accounts are identified — but it’d sure be nice to one day not have to do that anymore as well as not have the constant distraction for those that don’t ignore these trolls and can’t resist feeding them and engaging.

This place can be much better than that. It should be for serious members only. Lots of us disagree. Which is fine. But at least we have serious and worthwhile discussion. The other stuff has no business on this forum. Let’s finally rid ourselves of it permanently. This isn’t twitter or reddit.

I have a feeling he’s preoccupied eating Cornish pasties and has no time to respond! 😂😹

Reactions: MC415
And so it ends, a brief but chaotic season of boasting, bloviating, blather and buffoonery. Pasty is gone, his madcap Folsom predictions and blowhard declarations in utter tatters . He will not be missed. But an irony remains: By any measure, Folsom remains NorCal's best public school football program. That much was always true even as Pasty turned so many against his preferred program. He leaves no meaningful legacy, other than a distinct feeling of relief that his misguided pronouncements are no longer permitted here.

I’m new here but that’s awesome to see. I went through his old posts and he was an obvious troll. I have a buddy whose kid is on the jr bulldogs and let me tell you some of those parents HATED that guy…

• Haha
Reactions: Cal 14 and THEOC89
While I don’t particularly like Pasty and sometimes would be dragged into his arguments. I absolutely opposed to banning him or any other posters for speaking freely. As long as they are not posting personal info of kids parents etc prattle on. Those here complaining need to grow up and either ignore them or move on. I detest censorship and feel it has no place honestly. I don’t for example like rap music, so I don’t listen. I would never advocate for it to be banned however. Same applies here. It also has cheated many posters of rubbing this guys nose in his own BS, he will come back under a new handled and pretend old one wasn’t him. It’s a vicious circle.

By any measure, Folsom remains NorCal's best public school football program. That much was always true

They maybe a public by the letter of the law, but when it comes to athletics and admission they are more like a private (w/o the tuition fees). They clearly have admission advantages that many other publics don’t have.

They are just continuing a tradition started by Cordova HS — who is part of the same school district — in the late 1960’s through the closure of Mather AFB in the early 90’s.

The Rancho area declined after the base closure so the area/district lay dormant for a decade or more. But a population boom occurred in Folsom and El Dorado Hills and the power of open enrollment and recruiting in the Folsom-Cordova school district was rekindled.

Anybody that doesn’t recognize or acknowledge the correlation between Cordova’s open enrollment dominance of the 70’s and 80’s and Folsom’s current dominance are simply ignoring the obvious and burying their head in the sand.

Circling back to the point, Folsom HS doesn’t have to play by the same rules as most other publics. While it is what it is, it’s also not totally accurate to compare and lump them in with other public program with regard to athletics.

As far as public schools with open enrollment and actively recruiting both inside and outside their own district go — yep, they are the best in the immediate area.

They maybe a public by the letter of the law, but when it comes to athletics and admission they are more like a private (w/o the tuition fees). They clearly have admission advantages that many other publics don’t have.

They are just continuing a tradition started by Cordova HS — who is part of the same school district — in the late 1960’s through the closure of Mather AFB in the early 90’s.

The Rancho area declined after the base closure so the area/district lay dormant for a decade or more. But a population boom occurred in Folsom and El Dorado Hills and the power of open enrollment and recruiting in the Folsom-Cordova school district was rekindled.

Anybody that doesn’t recognize or acknowledge the correlation between Cordova’s open enrollment dominance of the 70’s and 80’s and Folsom’s current dominance are simply ignoring the obvious and burying their head in the sand.

Circling back to the point, Folsom HS doesn’t have to play by the same rules as most other publics. While it is what it is, it’s also not totally accurate to compare and lump them in with other public program with regard to athletics.
Do you know is C10 and Mission Viejo have open enrollment?

Do you know is C10 and Mission Viejo have open enrollment?

Yep. I also know that neither of those schools are located in NorCal or the Sac metro area.

But the same applies to those program too. They play by different rules and have advantages that the majority of public schools don’t have.

That said, SoCal is so corrupt with athletic transfers that it probably doesn’t matter as much.

Yep. I also know that neither of those schools are located in NorCal or the Sac metro area.

But the same applies to those program too. They play by different rules and have advantages that the majority of public schools don’t have.

That said, SoCal is so corrupt with athletic transfers that it probably doesn’t matter as much.
Care to list these different rules being applied to these institutions and where I can find them on the CIF website?

That’s what I figured. Makes sense as those 3 are typically the top 3 publics in the state most years.

Good to hear streak. And in the end he just brought negative publicity to Folsom which has a great program. You can be a somewhat crazy fan without crossing the line. It’s a great forum and sight which we all embrace.

While I don’t particularly like Pasty and sometimes would be dragged into his arguments. I absolutely opposed to banning him or any other posters for speaking freely. As long as they are not posting personal info of kids parents etc prattle on. Those here complaining need to grow up and either ignore them or move on. I detest censorship and feel it has no place honestly. I don’t for example like rap music, so I don’t listen. I would never advocate for it to be banned however. Same applies here. It also has cheated many posters of rubbing this guys nose in his own BS, he will come back under a new handled and pretend old one wasn’t him. It’s a vicious circle.
With all due respect and love what you post often, but to change names and even have possible others goes beyond speaking freely on a high school thread in my opinion. And no he didn’t take direct hits, but he sure spoke lowly of every team Folsom went up against. So I think admin aka Streak did a great job in flushing him and the QPR guy. Just my two cents. I mean hell he told me he went to Galileo High and another Piner. This is pretty much all adults with great knowledge including yourself. Not a bunch of 13 year olds trying to bully people on Facebook.

With all due respect and love what you post often, but to change names and even have possible others goes beyond speaking freely on a high school thread in my opinion. And no he didn’t take direct hits, but he sure spoke lowly of every team Folsom went up against. So I think admin aka Streak did a great job in flushing him and the QPR guy. Just my two cents. I mean hell he told me he went to Galileo High and another Piner. This is pretty much all adults with great knowledge including yourself. Not a bunch of 13 year olds trying to bully people on Facebook.
The name change will come due to the ban. My point the ban simply solves nothing. If people are triggered by his posts ignore him don’t engage. A organic banning due to everybody not engaging I would wager is more effective than a ban. A ban simply gave validation to what he was all about, getting the skin of folks and stirring the pot.

With all due respect and love what you post often, but to change names and even have possible others goes beyond speaking freely on a high school thread in my opinion.

Free speech is a beautiful thing. But many don’t seem to realize that it only applies toward government censorship.

Nobody has a right to say anything they want on a private forum. Which is why most sports forums I’m aware of have strict rules re: personal attacks and discussing controversial topics such as religion and politics. Many also have rules prohibiting trolling and/or behavior that doesn’t foster a positive and productive environment.

I highly doubt Streak nor any other moderator/owner wants their members chased off their website due to the behavior of a few knuckleheads. So they’re well within their purview to limit whatever toxicity they deem necessary.

I believe the general consensus of most forums and the members of those communities is that good faith discourse and disagreements are not only ok but highly desired. It’s only the toxic nonsense and bad faith discussion that people want eliminated. Most people can easily tell the difference between those that are serious and those that aren’t.

Patsy's continued denigration of coaching staffs and players is what really bothered me the most. His way of saying talent on the 80 side was inferior. Most coaches know of this site and so do players and families thus creating hate for the Folsom program. I bailed on NCP for sometime bc I just got tired of hearing the same old negative nonsense. He added nothing to this site but hate and discontent....I for one am glad he is gone.

Patsy's continued denigration of coaching staffs and players is what really bothered me the most. His way of saying talent on the 80 side was inferior. Most coaches know of this site and so do players and families thus creating hate for the Folsom program. I bailed on NCP for sometime bc I just got tired of hearing the same old negative nonsense. He added nothing to this site but hate and discontent....I for one am glad he is gone.

I support free speech on a private forum up to the point of being ok with people talking out of their @$$ and saying things that are incorrect. Being wrong is ok. Much of what we talk about here is subjective opinion anyway. Sometimes our opinions end up being correct, often times they don’t.

That said, there’s a difference between the above and blatant and persistent trolling (not necessarily saying things they believe but rather what they believe will get a reaction). IMO that type of behavior deserves censorship on a private forum dedicated to a specific topic.

Lastly, while I do believe it fair to speak truth as a person sees it (regarding player performances, coaches and programs) there is a fine line to be walked in doing so. These people are essentially underpaid amateurs with the players largely being minors. The highest respect should be paid to them IMO. Criticism is ok, just as long as it doesn’t venture beyond performance in the sport and doesn’t become overly harsh.

That’s my take on it, anyway. And as far as I can tell it seems to be the common practice among the longstanding members of this particular forum.

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
Totally agree! Even that post about Austin Mack being the best qb in California?! I don’t even think Mack believes that lol. From what I can tell from interviews he seems like a good kid and a bit shy. He brought unnecessary attention and hate to a kid that was just minding his own business…

Totally agree! Even that post about Austin Mack being the best qb in California?! I don’t even think Mack believes that lol. From what I can tell from interviews he seems like a good kid and a bit shy. He brought unnecessary attention and hate to a kid that was just minding his own business…
It’s funny I put a comment and then erased it, but I said it I was Austin Mack’s dad we would have a issue. Literally dude spoke as he was the representative of the Folsom locker room.

And earlier in the season someone told me I was stupid when I said kids read these forums. It wasn’t Patsy, it was someone I don’t recall and trust me, some stuff becomes bulletin board material in locker rooms. Kids have pride, coaches have pride, best believe they will get on here and say see what people say about us. That is why the negativity weekly was sad in my book and I am glad he is gone

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT