ADVERTISEMENT

James Harden: The System

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
The NBA's James Harden was one of California's best point guards at Artesia High School during his teen years in SoCal. His individual talent (on offense) was, and is, undeniable _ when motivated to perform at a high pro level. As he forced his way out of another franchise recently, he reflected on a key reason why he demanded another trade. He claimed that his then team, the 76ers, had put him on a leash. He described his predicament as the following: "I'm not a system player...I am the system." There you have it in a nutshell. Harden has become a solo act, a one-man operation, basically an offense (and a coach) unto himself. Defense is rarely mentioned; it's irrelevant in the Harden context. Harden has taken the me-me-me approach to fresh heights. We wish his new team, the Clippers, all the best. Good luck.

Last edited:
His Artesia team was one of best teams I’ve ever seen jr year. 33-1. He had the white pg (Derek glasser) who played at ASU with him whose parents were co founders of 7 lucky brand jeans. Dude would commute from Santa Monica to play at artesia.

Anyway, Now harden is just a straight fat bum. Never will win anything and is with a bunch of others in LA just like him. Sad.

However way you feel about him as a basketball player, hes won at life with currently 15 seasons in the NBA and a cool $338 million in NBA salary plus the $200 million in Adidas endorsement. That buys ALOT of adult entertainment!

Reactions: coachlittle
However way you feel about him as a basketball player, hes won at life with currently 15 seasons in the NBA and a cool $338 million in NBA salary plus the $200 million in Adidas endorsement. That buys ALOT of adult entertainment!
I guess. Not sure what defines success. The majority of nba players are in financial distress 10 years post nba career. Harden seems like he’s wise with his money though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT