ADVERTISEMENT

Tremendous honor for Coach Hutton

atcshrk

Hall of Famer
Oct 22, 2002
I recently found out that Coach Bill Hutton, Mitty baseball coach, will be inducted into the California Coaches' Association Hall of Fame on June 14. I plan to attend!

Over the 57 years of the California Coaches' Association Banquet, 143 high school sports coaches and officials have been inducted into this select group from all sports. Coach Hutton will now be one of them.

I've said it many times on this message board. Coach Hutton was a tremendous coach for our son and his teammates. I think he's the best around. Over 500 victories (probably over 600 by now) including multiple CCS titles and a mythical State and National title. More than that, he was a class-A mentor for our son (and daughter for that matter) both in the classroom and on the field. He enhanced what my wife and I try to teach at home, by reinforcing values in my kids how to be good students, honest, good standing citizens...better people than athletes. My son who played for him and the other who did not (but has gotten to know him well) have the utmost respect for him as do my wife and me.

I'll never forget after our son's final HS game (a CCS semi final loss to Paly), my wife waited for Coach Hutton by the bus, gave him a huge hug and said, "I love you." That is an amazing testament - one that I doubt many coaches evoke from parents. I feel the same way. I love that guy.

Congrats to Coach Hutton. Well deserved honor. I am so very happy for and proud of you.

This post was edited on 5/6 11:04 AM by atcshrk

Great honor for Coach Hutton. Definitely one of the best around

The most influential high school coach in the Bay Area for the last two decades. Great ambassador, coach, man.

This is great news. I hardly know Coach Hutton. From everything I have heard, coaching baseball might be down the list of the things he should be recognized for with those above coaching being his devotion to his family and his ability as a teacher and mentor to so many students at Mitty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT