ADVERTISEMENT

UConn vs. USC

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
Oh, my. Huskies were ripe for the picking. Trojans were favored with a bigger, deeper roster, primed to advance. Instead, zippo. Still unsure what SC was trying to do on offense. Disjointed. Confused. Unforced turnovers. Bad shot selection. Failure to pound the post. Poorly prepared for a half-court grinder. Score one for Geno and his gritty bunch. Last call for the old Pac-12. Not good.

The Trojans were deeper? They lacked a lot of punch outside of juju. I hear the class coming will have much better athletes though. Geno still had 3 5 star players on the court

Geno seriously outcoached Lindsay. No way UConn should have won with all that foul trouble.
Nobody ever said Lindsay was a basketball Savant. While she's had some success as a coach, never thought she was ever a "great' coach. At USC, she struck it gold with Watkins. Like Clark, Watkins carried that team to an elite 8. REcruiting is the name of the game...

Agree that she got outcoached. Every time Watkins put the ball on the floor, she was double teamed. great game

Having been a UCLA fan from the time I first found out what a basketball was until that day Aidan signed on at SMC, I was just fine with the Trojans getting beat... Especially by this gritty UConn bunch that features Paige Bueckers, whom I've been a huge fan of ever since she was a sophomore at Hopkins HS in the Minneapolis area, when I found her game on YouTube and wherever.

It's been quite a story... UConn has been totally snakebit by injuries the last three seasons, including this one. They've been playing with just seven scholarship players most of this season, and the five that are injured right now had all been in the rotation, three of them starters.

But it seems the seven they have remaining are completely and totally on the same page.

I love Caitlin Clark's game, too... Another one whom I watched starting in high school thru the magic of the interwebs. But Friday, I'm rooting for Paige's bunch.

So far as JuJu, she'll get her due... As said above, the Condoms, errrrr Trojans have a stellar class coming in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT