ADVERTISEMENT

USA Basketball coaching clinic at St. Ignatius May 6 and 7

ClayK

Hall of Famer
Jun 25, 2001
USA Basketball holds six clinics each year, rotating them around the country, and this year, the Bay Area has landed one.

Local coaches will be featured, including

Sue Phillips
Kelly Sopak
Frank Allocco
Lou Richie
Jerod Haase

Saturday's session runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and costs $95. The Sunday session is 9 to noon, and is available only as part of a two-day, $215 package.

Attendance is limited to 40. Further information: https://www.usab.com/youth/development/coach/usa-basketball-coach-academy/san-francisco.aspx

What are people’s thoughts on this? Price seems right. I suspect most girls have AAU tourneys in prep for the NCAA live period the following weekend.

What are people’s thoughts on this? Price seems right. I suspect most girls have AAU tourneys in prep for the NCAA live period the following weekend.
The price looks good for me for one day. 120 dollars to add a Sunday 3 hour session? What a joke! Phillips and Alloco are solid in their clinics, as is Richie. I haven't seen Hasse coach and what I wouldn't give to see Kelly actually have to break down how to do fundamentals/shooting/dribbling etc. The other day I did hear he was a pretty highly rated baseball player where he grew up. In any case day 1 looks good but stupid for both days...

4-5 years ago they had one at Mitty. It was pretty good. It was mostly skill development, not necessarily playing too much games. Kelly and Sue and the guy from East Side Prep (can't remember his name) was there.

USA Basketball holds six clinics each year, rotating them around the country, and this year, the Bay Area has landed one.

Local coaches will be featured, including

Sue Phillips
Kelly Sopak
Frank Allocco
Lou Richie
Jerod Haase

Saturday's session runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and costs $95. The Sunday session is 9 to noon, and is available only as part of a two-day, $215 package.

Attendance is limited to 40. Further information: https://www.usab.com/youth/development/coach/usa-basketball-coach-academy/san-francisco.aspx
Clay: Great event!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT