ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL FOOTBALL : Omission of WCAL's MVP from NorCal Top 50 list [??]

I thought that game was a classic whether as a Bells or a Folsom fan. Just a great game at many levels. The game had so many facets - whether great defense, smash mouth intensity, awesome skill plays and on both sides. Both teams had the will and effort of champions and deserved to win. Some incredibly exciting plays to watch at all levels (KO return, deep passes, breakaway runs, a 4th and long execution or the game is pragmatically over). I hope there are more games during the season in the future among WCAL and SFL teams and other SJS powers. At least in this playoff format there is a chance at end of season. The SFL and SJS overall has lots of depth of great teams and play at a high level and its always a pleasure to watch them play. I remember the Rocklin v Grant playoff and another classic.

Headed to the CAL vs. SMC match. But will circle back to here the Chick' fil a Crow being tasted by the Valley posters. We all needed data to clear up the question of best League in NorCal..."who could beat Flosom"?

We are One...we r the WCAL

WCAL Football 2015: Final League Standings

So down to 2 California state bowl games with 2 WCAL teams in the 5 games to be played, which is certainly impressive for the 8 team WCAL League. There will be further adjustments of rankings for both Bellarmine & St. Francis, but here are the WCAL standings. overall season records & current team ratings. NCP's Top 20 is out for this week, but seems to be all over the place with some picks not being reflective of recent wins or cross-competition, but perhaps merely on overall records as often happens with these types of rankings. Here's my 2-cents as to the new NCP's rankings [sorry, can't show the list as for subscribers only, but you'll get the idea]. Foothill is placed above both Bell's & Folsom whom I belive would both take down Foothill in a head to head meeting based upon "SOS" and scores of all 3 teams games. Valley Christian moved up and Serra down to the bottom - guess they forgot Serra dominated VC 42-21 in last regular season game prior to VC losing to Oak Grove 2 weeks later in which they lost by 19-points [almost like they got Serra & VC mixed up?]. Milpitas ranked well above Serra as well - though Serra again beat VC by 3 TD's who beat Milpitas - likewise Bell's had just beaten Milpitas by 2 -TD's which was a 1-score game between Serra & Bell's [so again no basis for Milpitas being ranked higher when Serra played the 2 common opponents more competitively].

WCAL League Final Standings:
1. Bell's & SF share league title
3. Serra, VC & Riordan tie for 3rd place.
6. Mitty
7. St. Ignatius
8. SHC

Overall Season Records:
1. Bell's 13-1
2. SF 12-2
3. Riordan 9-4
4. VC 8-4
5. Serra 6-4
6. Mitty 6-5
7. SI 1-9
8. SHC 1-9

Overall CCS Ratings [inclues other top CCS teams]
1. Bell's = 61.1
2. SF = 50.4
3. Oak Grove = 49.7
4. Serra = 48.8
5. VC = 45.4
6. Riordan = 43.0
7. SHP = 40.8
8. Mitty = 36.4
9. Milpitas = 35.5
10. Palma = 35.1
11. Wilcox = 31.1
12. Los Gatos = 26.4
13. San Benito = 25.8
14. Monte Vista Christian = 25.1
15. Live Oak = 24.3
18. SI = 20.6
25. SHP = 15.0

WCAL Football 2015 - State Title Games: Bellarmine vs Mission Viejo, SF vs Citrus Hill

So Bells go up against another undefeated team who is a decisive favorite over the Bell's. The Bell's have 1-loss in which the starting QB did not play and have had a tough schedule as well. Bell's have good players/good coaching and experience in big games in the past. Already reading the posts from SoCal fans about mighty Mission Viejo and how the Bell's have little chance against such a SoCal power, which is always amusing.
I think the Bell's do well in the underdog role and wouldn't want it any other way in a state title game. Mission Viejo is ranked #5 in state while the Bell's are at #10. Interesting that Folsom is still ranked ahead of the Bell's at #9 in state rankings. MIssion Viejo is favored +10 in this game.

As for St. Francis they are ranked #36 in state and Citrus Hill is ranked #23. Both teams have 2 losses with SF losing to Bellarmine 28-26 and in post season play 27-21 to Oak Grove. Citrus Hill lost 44-21 to Murrieta Valley and 31-28 to Norco. SF is favored by +6 in this game.

I watched the Bellarmind vs. Folsom last night on CAComcasr. Are these came going to broadcasted on TV this weekend..

rmbr,
thanks for all your insight into wcal football this year. i continue to enjoy all your write ups. looking foward to next year.

Reactions: Rmbr26
Thank you RMBR26 and Merry Christmas. Your work is is very informative. I know it take a lot of your personal time so THANK YOU!!!

This is annually the best thing on the boards. Thanks for all of your work in keeping this up to date

Rmbr26, appreciated your posts throughout the season. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well as to all of my fellow posters! See u next season!

[B said:
"jordan24[/B], post: 87176, member: 140"]Rmbr26, appreciated your posts throughout the season. Merry Christmas to you and yours as well as to all of my fellow posters! See u next season!

Thank You jordan24 as well as ds1968, FBAddict & Streak One for your kind comments & wish you & your families a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year's as well for 2016 along with everyone else I've traded posts with throughout the season.

This season was one of the more difficult to predict week to week from most year's although the favored Bell's did hold on through a number of close games to claim the title along with St. Francis. There were a lot of exciting games as usual, but 2 games stand out as memorable for the year above the others.

The top WCAL game for the league season was Riordan's 66-45 win over Serra in a rare shoot-out seldom seen in the defense-minded WCAL. I'd mentioned it then that the fans lucky enough to attend that game will likely always remember it. Both teams started fast and matched each other score for score with big plays with Riordan leading 32-29 at the end of the first quarter. While both teams have big play capability the Crusader's of Riordan were simply unstoppable on this day. It continued into the 2nd quarter with Riordan leading the Padres 46-35 at the 1/2. The 2nd 1/2 slowed down a bit with the score 59-42 Riordan after 3 quarters and Riordan outscoring the Padres 7-3 in the 4th for the final score of 66-45 [111-points scored between the 2 teams with Riordan outscoring Serra in all 4 quarters]. Heck of a game and shows you anything is possible having De La Salle able to score "only 37-points against Serra".
Here is the game summary thx to MaxPreps:
First Quarter Summary
09:42 Junipero Serra - Leki Nunn 45 yd run (Brandon Monroe pass from Leki Nunn), 5-79 2:11
07:33 Archbishop Riordan - Raymone Sanders 5 yd run (Pass Failed), 5-68 2:07
04:36 Junipero Serra - Kelepi Lataimua 31 yd pass from Leki Nunn (Alex Stone kick), 3-41 1:34
04:24 Archbishop Riordan - Aidan Verba-Hamilton 64 yd pass from Jacky Luavasa (Kick Failed), 1-64 0:09
04:11 Junipero Serra - Brandon Monroe 89 yd kickoff return (Alex Stone kick)
03:31 Archbishop Riordan - Aidan Verba-Hamilton 11 yd pass from Jacky Luavasa (Pass Failed), 3-51
00:58 Junipero Serra - Kelepi Lataimua 40 yd run (Alex Stone kick), 6-65 2:29
00:44 Archbishop Riordan - Jamarian Caston 74 yd kickoff return (Run Failed)
00:00 Archbishop Riordan - Aidan Verba-Hamilton 42 yd pass from Jacky Luavasa (Raymone Sanders run), 1-42 0:02
Second Quarter Summary
07:45 Archbishop Riordan - Cedric McAfee 57 yd pass from Jacky Luavasa (Jason Greene run), 5-80 1:59
06:13 Archbishop Riordan - Rocco Russell 3 yd fumble recovery (Run Failed)
05:22 Junipero Serra - Brandon Monroe 13 yd pass from Leki Nunn (Pass Failed), 3-12 0:41
Third Quarter Summary
04:11 Archbishop Riordan - Raymone Sanders 73 yd run (Run Failed), 2-73 0:17
01:34 Archbishop Riordan - Aidan Verba-Hamilton 76 yd pass from Jacky Luavasa (Dylan Ennis kick), 1-76 0:13
00:50 Junipero Serra - Brandon Monroe 17 yd pass from Jack Damelio (Alex Stone kick), 3-55 0:41
Fourth Quarter Summary
08:27 Junipero Serra - Alex Stone 31 yd field goal, 6-54 2:41
05:32 Archbishop Riordan - Raymone Sanders 27 yd run (Dylan Ennis kick), 5-59 2:55

The #1 WCAL game in my estimation for the year was of course the Bellarmine Bell's 42-35 regional win over unbeaten 14-0 Folsom of the highly regarded Sierra Foothill League ["SFL"]. Very few Sac-San Joaquin fans gave the much smaller Bell's team any kind of chance, not only being smaller physically, but having 7-starters playing both ways. The Bell's did what they did all year long in executing and limiting mistakes & penalties.
In the end the Bell's kept it close and provided enough big plays on both sides of the ball to hold on for the win - winning their 6th game of the season by 1-score or less. The Bell's season came to a close the following week 24-0 vs another unbeaten team in Mission Viejo, who was simply bigger and deeper than the over-matched Bell's. Still a highly successful season for Bellarmine the top CCS team and regional winner over a Folsom team snapping their 30-game win streak and Folsom had not lost on its home field in the last 4-season's. Quite a year for the Bell's of the WCAL.

Last edited:
Interesting that Bells soph, Cade Hall, earned Soph of the Year, but made 2nd team All-WCAL. Riordan soph LB, Lasa Tofi, earned 1st team WCAL. Both young players were outstanding, and should have been at least co-Soph POYs.

Reactions: PAL95
The San Jose Mercury has announced its All-Mercury News Football Selections. The Mercury News selections are for San Francisco, San Mateo County and Santa Clara Counties.

The Player of the Year is Oak Grove's Rashaan Fontenette who led the Eagles to a CCS Div. II title with wins over Mitty and St. Francis.
Offensive Player of the Year is Mason Randall [QB] of SHP.
Defensive Player of the Year is Bennett Williams [DB] of St. Francis.
Coach of the Year is Mike Janda of Bellarmine.

First team WCAL players selected are:
Offense: WR - Kyle Macauley/ Bellarmine, TE - Cameron Woodard/Valley Christian, OL - Levi Johnson/Valley Christian,
OL - Keith Ismael/SHC.

Defense: DL - Cade Hall/Bellarmine, DL- Akil Jones/Valley Christian, LB - Jacob Bergstrom/Bellarmine, LB - Kevin Glajchen/SF
DB - Daniel Norman/Riordan, DB - Bennett Williams/SF, DB - Kelepi Lataimua/Serra,
Utility/Kick-Returner - Aiden Verba-Hamilton/Riordan

WCAL Player of the Year
Sitaleki Nunn of Serra was named co-2nd team QB along with Bell's Troy Martig.

Here is the link for the complete selection lists: http://www.mercurynews.com/high-school-sports

Kyle Macaulay should have been player of the year.

I think the WCAL coaches got it right in picking Serra's Leki Nunn as Player of the Year. While I often dispute the WCAL ALL League picks due to the system used - ie: how many picks each coach is allowed and the overwhelming nominations of senior's over more talented junior's I agree with this one.

No player cpontributed more to his team than Serra's Nunn. Macauley while a dynamic WR and KR, however was limited in his game contributions who and game influence in a number of games having minimal impact on the game itself. This was not the case with Nunn who was a primary factor in every game Serra played. If you look at the conbined statistics for the WCAL in both rushing & passing and scoring no other player even comes close to Nunn. Macauley one of the better "utility athletes" I've seen in recent year's, although every year there are 1-2 excellent WR's & KR's in the WCAL, such as Riordan's Aiden Verba-Hamilton who had better return statistics than Macauley. Nunn from Serra is one of the better players I have seen in the last 5-years in the WCAL and still has one more year to go.

I think the WCAL coaches got it right in picking Serra's Leki Nunn as Player of the Year. While I often dispute the WCAL ALL League picks due to the system used - ie: how many picks each coach is allowed and the overwhelming nominations of senior's over more talented junior's I agree with this one.

No player cpontributed more to his team than Serra's Nunn. Macauley while a dynamic WR and KR, however was limited in his game contributions who and game influence in a number of games having minimal impact on the game itself. This was not the case with Nunn who was a primary factor in every game Serra played. If you look at the conbined statistics for the WCAL in both rushing & passing and scoring no other player even comes close to Nunn. Macauley one of the better "utility athletes" I've seen in recent year's, although every year there are 1-2 excellent WR's & KR's in the WCAL, such as Riordan's Aiden Verba-Hamilton who had better return statistics than Macauley. Nunn from Serra is one of the better players I have seen in the last 5-years in the WCAL and still has one more year to go.
You also forget the fact that he was a very good corner on defense and has been for the past three years. He has made big plays for a one loss Bells team. I would say he earned it just because he was a huge part of the Bells success this year. Nunn was solid on offense and put up number but Kyle did it on both ends of the field.

You also forget the fact that he was a very good corner on defense and has been for the past three years. He has made big plays for a one loss Bells team. I would say he earned it just because he was a huge part of the Bells success this year. Nunn was solid on offense and put up number but Kyle did it on both ends of the field.
Good point PAL95, but the QB position in the Padre scheme is very demanding. Nunn is involved in every play and is a threat to pass or runs. Quite possibly this took a physical toll on Nunn, especially early in the season, as he had many turnovers on either missed handoffs, fumbles and INTs.

Last edited:
Reactions: PAL95
Good point PAL95, but the QB position in the Padre scheme is very demanding. Nunn is involved in every play and runs and passes.
Agreed, but I am just saying Kyle was involved more. Just think, he only came off the field on punts and kickoffs!! He had more on his plate as he had to return kicks, punts, line up as a receiver, play rb, and to be a big factor on that successful defense this year. Check that Folsom game out as Kyle did a hell of a job against a top team in NorCal. Football is a team sport but I would like to see the champs have a MVP named and he was well deserving for at least a Co MVP as they have had previously.

Reactions: jordan24
[B said:
"jordan24[/B], post: 89435, member: 140"]Good point PAL95, but the QB position in the Padre scheme is very demanding. Nunn is involved in every play and is a threat to pass or runs. Quite possibly this took a physical toll on Nunn, especially early in the season, as he had many turnovers on either missed handoffs, fumbles and INTs.

Yes am well aware that Macauley played both ways as did 6 other Bell's players, which in itself is not enough to warrant Macauley as the league MVP. If you recall Nunn played DB last season for Serra as well as returned punts & kickoffs. Jordan is correct in that Nunn is such a primary part of Serra's offense they simply could not risk using him as much throughout the game. Look at it this way: on offense Nunn is either handing off, passing or running on every offensive play, much like Martig of Bell, but had much better statistics both passing & running & scoring. Here's a few eye opening stats on Nunn in terms of the WCAL:

* 2nd in passing yards per game overall [Riordan's Luavasa & Serra's Nunn were miles ahead of all other QB's in passing yardage with Luavasa playing 2 additional games in playoffs & attempting 62 more passes than Nunn.
* Nunn had the highest yards per game passing of any WCAL QB at 176 yard avg per game.
* Nunn had the highest completion percentage of .604 slightly ahead of Mitty's Sam Serra who attempted 50 fewer passes.
* Nunn passed for 21-TD's which is 6 more than #2 Miles Kendrick of VC [15] who played 2 more games than Serra's Nunn.
* Nunn was #1 in rushing among WCAL QB's and actually ranked #4 among all WCAL RB's finishing ahead of VC's Morian Walker and scoring 11 rushing TD's.
* In total scoring Nunn accounted for 32 TD's which is 11 more than the next closest player who played in 3 additional playoff games.

In comparison to Macauley Serra's Kelepi Lataimua who played both ways for Serra is the best comparable player. Lataimua like Macauley is a first team All-Mercury News player, BUT on Defense as a DB [Macauley is first team as a WR on Offense]. Macauley led the WCAL in pass receiving yardage with the highest YPC [28 yard avg on 36 passes] well ahead of the number 2 player. Lataimua had nearly the same yardage in rushing for Serra .

Conclusion: All the players I'm comparing are exceptional in their own right. I was a fan of Macauley last season and pointed out his speed and dual player benefits pre-season this year on the thread. My main point is if I'm putting together a team and have to choose between any of the player's I've mentioned my choice is Serra's Leki Nunn. There is no comparison in overall stats & Nunn provides the bulk of Serra's offense [and can also play defense & returns punts & kick-offs if necessary].

Yes am well aware that Macauley played both ways as did 6 other Bell's players, which in itself is not enough to warrant Macauley as the league MVP. If you recall Nunn played DB last season for Serra as well as returned punts & kickoffs. Jordan is correct in that Nunn is such a primary part of Serra's offense they simply could not risk using him as much throughout the game. Look at it this way: on offense Nunn is either handing off, passing or running on every offensive play, much like Martig of Bell, but had much better statistics both passing & running & scoring. Here's a few eye opening stats on Nunn in terms of the WCAL:

* 2nd in passing yards per game overall [Riordan's Luavasa & Serra's Nunn were miles ahead of all other QB's in passing yardage with Luavasa playing 2 additional games in playoffs & attempting 62 more passes than Nunn.
* Nunn had the highest yards per game passing of any WCAL QB at 176 yard avg per game.
* Nunn had the highest completion percentage of .604 slightly ahead of Mitty's Sam Serra who attempted 50 fewer passes.
* Nunn passed for 21-TD's which is 6 more than #2 Miles Kendrick of VC [15] who played 2 more games than Serra's Nunn.
* Nunn was #1 in rushing among WCAL QB's and actually ranked #4 among all WCAL RB's finishing ahead of VC's Morian Walker and scoring 11 rushing TD's.
* In total scoring Nunn accounted for 32 TD's which is 11 more than the next closest player who played in 3 additional playoff games.

In comparison to Macauley Serra's Kelepi Lataimua who played both ways for Serra is the best comparable player. Lataimua like Macauley is a first team All-Mercury News player, BUT on Defense as a DB [Macauley is first team as a WR on Offense]. Macauley led the WCAL in pass receiving yardage with the highest YPC [28 yard avg on 36 passes] well ahead of the number 2 player. Lataimua had nearly the same yardage in rushing for Serra .

Conclusion: All the players I'm comparing are exceptional in their own right. I was a fan of Macauley last season and pointed out his speed and dual player benefits pre-season this year on the thread. My main point is if I'm putting together a team and have to choose between any of the player's I've mentioned my choice is Serra's Leki Nunn. There is no comparison in overall stats & Nunn provides the bulk of Serra's offense [and can also play defense & returns punts & kick-offs if necessary].
I understand if you are looking at just sheer numbers. Nunn was a product of the system Serra runs and was good at it. I don't know if I am starting a team with him out of others mentioned. To each is own on that one. As you mentioned Kyle was a first team DB for the Bells which displays his versatility on a CHAMPIONSHIP team. I still would have had a Co MVP. BTW, I think Kyle would have put up video game numbers also if he was in a Mitty, Serra, or Riordan style offense.

As you say PAL to each his own. I have seen both play many times and besides the sheer numbers Nunn put up, his impact on every game is clearly significant to anyone watching the games. At times because of his postions Macauley simply disappeared for much of the game. It will be interesting to see if Macauley plays football at then next level or not [I know he is going for track and is quite fast at the high school level though his times will not translate to a high degree of sucess at the next level - ie: his talents may be better served on the football field].

Talking of MVP's & looking at the Heisman you don't often see WR's/DB's among the candidates - the major team talents are always at QB/RB.
Looking at the comical WCAL All League selections I don't think they need any more awards such as Co-MVP's as there are too many selections as it is.

Building a team, I would also take Nunn. A dual-threat QB that produces like he did as a junior is rare. Macauley is very good, as is Martig, but there are a limited amount of people with the talent to dominate throwing and running in a spread every play. Props to Bellarmine, though. Good coaching and players.

Last edited:
My take on the All-WCAL team. 22 players + 1 utility. Let's hear your take. Happy New Year!
Offense:
QB: Leki Nunn Jr. Serra
RB: Kelepi Lataimua Sr. Serra; Habibi Likio Jr. St. Francis
OL: Wolfie Rehbok Sr. Bellarmine; Keith Ismael Sr. SHC; Sam Tofi Sr. Riordan; Ryan Moles Sr. St. Francis; Levi Johnson Sr. Valley Christian
TE: Cameron Woodard VC
WR: Kyle McCauley Sr. Bellarmine; Brandon Monroe Sr. Serra
K/P: Cole Bunce, Sr. Bellarmine
Utility/Special Teams: Aidan Verba-Hamilton Sr.Riordan

Defense:
DT: Oshana Sr. Bellarmine; Cade Hall Soph Bellarmine
DE: Akil Jones Sr. Valley Christian; Rocco Russell Sr. Riordan
LB: Payton Ilalio Sr. Riordan; Matt Tofano Sr. Mitty; Jacob Bergstrom Sr. Bellarmine
DB: Daniel Norman Sr. Riordan; Bennett Williams Jr. St. Francis; Darius Thomas Sr. St. Francis; Morian Walker Sr. Valley Christian

MVP: Leki Nunn Jr. Serra
Junior MVP: BennettWilliams St. Francis
Soph MVP: Lasa Tofi Riordan/Cade Hall Bellarmine
Coach of the Year: Mike Janda Bellarmine
Comeback Player of the Year: Riordan (1st yr HC Kevin Fordon)

Last edited:
Wow - not too shabby jordan24 - you did better than the WCAL coaches all combined - LOL! :D
Not sure I could improve on that at all, but will take a look when I have some more time.

BTW - Happy New Year's to everyone out there - careful if driving tonite.

Just reviewed the SF Chron All-Metro Teams and cannot say I saw anything glaring interms of players chosen, what level they were picked at or of any players omitted. It is not surprising Danigyrl that Nunn & Habibi-Likio were Honorable Mentions as the SF Chron All Metro list is the "best of the best" all star teams in covering the entire bay area encompassing the CCS & NCS. Over the years I've seen many first team players from CCS leagues not even make Honorable Mention for this prestigeous list, so not a slight by any means - especially since they're both juniors.

Just reviewed the SF Chron All-Metro Teams and cannot say I saw anything glaring interms of players chosen, what level they were picked at or of any players omitted. It is not surprising Danigyrl that Nunn & Habibi-Likio were Honorable Mentions as the SF Chron All Metro list is the "best of the best" all star teams in covering the entire bay area encompassing the CCS & NCS. Over the years I've seen many first team players from CCS leagues not even make Honorable Mention for this prestigeous list, so not a slight by any means - especially since they're both juniors.
Thanks for insight, Rmbr26. Seems I misspoke - Nunn was listed on 2nd team Offense at AP. Certainly versatile. Since a prestigious list, as you say, an honor for SF Williams to be named 1st team as a Junior.

WCAL Football 2015: St. Francis practices for Super Bowl this Friday at Levi's Stadium!

St. Francis football team will arrive at Levi's Stadium this Friday afternoon to simulate the Bronco's & Panther's in order to help CBS massive camera crew prepare for this Sunday's Super Bowl.
St. Francis players will be on the field from 12:00 - 4:00 running plays similar to that expected of the Bronco's & Panther's. In addition the player's will simulate a Super Bowl pre-game ceremony.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_29464963/super-bowl-50-st-francis-high-football-team

Last edited:
WCAL Football 2015: St. Francis practices for Super Bowl this Firday at Levi's Stadium!

St. Francis football team will arrive at Levi's Stadium this Friday afternoon to simulate the Bronco's & Panther's in order to help CBS massive camera crew prepare for this Sunday's Super Bowl.
St. Francis players will be on the field from 12:00 - 4:00 running plays similar to that expected of the Bronco's & Panther's. In addition the player's will simulate a Super Bowl pre-game ceremony.

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_29464963/super-bowl-50-st-francis-high-football-team

That is way cool. Its the chance of a lifetime for those kids and it will all be on film. I hope they give them all dvd's for family and friends. Thanks for the info Rmbr26

I wish I could be there to watch Sophomore QB Reed Vettel playing the role of Peyton Manning. That kid is going to be special. His first start ever in a varsity game came on short notice in the State Championship Game against Citrus Hills. SF lost that game 23-20 but Vettel threw for 209 yards and two TD's. I'm looking forward to watching him next season as a junior throw to Bennett Williams. Having said that It would have been nice to have had Akina in that game.

Reactions: Danigyrl
That is way cool. Its the chance of a lifetime for those kids and it will all be on film. I hope they give them all dvd's for family and friends. Thanks for the info Rmbr26

I wish I could be there to watch Sophomore QB Reed Vettel playing the role of Peyton Manning. That kid is going to be special. His first start ever in a varsity game came on short notice in the State Championship Game against Citrus Hills. SF lost that game 23-20 but Vettel threw for 209 yards and two TD's. I'm looking forward to watching him next season as a junior throw to Bennett Williams. Having said that It would have been nice to have had Akina in that game.
Was it ever revealed why Akina didn't start that game? Still irks me! Gosh I really really think St. Francis was better than Citrus Hill and should've won that game.

Wouldn't put it past the CCS for siting them with an illegal practice and banning them from the playoffs. lol

Very good mybrainhurts.

Originally it was supposed to be Serra at Levi's stadium, however ex-Commish Nancy and her hand-picked successor's considered this to fall under Serra's post-season ban for not scrimmaging with Milpitas 2 season's ago :confused:

Had to laugh when Tom Brady was booed with the introduction of past Super Bowl MVPs...

[B said:
"jordan24[/B], post: 102468, member: 140"]Had to laugh when Tom Brady was booed with the introduction of past Super Bowl MVPs...

jordan24 - I must have stepped away for more apps when Brady was introduced, but what am I missing? Brady is a local boy who's tied with Joe Montana & Terry Bradshaw for most Super Bowl wins at 4 and the only QB to start in 6 SuperBowls. So arguably the best QB in NFL history [I know some will argue Montana but stats back Brady] and some loser fans boo the guy? Truly Classless and/or they just hate New England Patriot's.
I rooted for the Bronco's vs the Patriot's but not a fan of booing anyone except a dirty player [BTW did you catch the facemask penalty by #21 of the Bronco's today which resulted in a 1-yard penalty close to the goal line? Among the most despicable plays I've seen in some time & should have resulted in ejection IMO, player very lucky not to have been injured].

jordan24 - I must have stepped away for more apps when Brady was introduced, but what am I missing? Brady is a local boy who's tied with Joe Montana & Terry Bradshaw for most Super Bowl wins at 4 and the only QB to start in 6 SuperBowls. So arguably the best QB in NFL history [I know some will argue Montana but stats back Brady] and some loser fans boo the guy? Truly Classless and/or they just hate New England Patriot's.
I rooted for the Bronco's vs the Patriot's but not a fan of booing anyone except a dirty player [BTW did you catch the facemask penalty by #21 of the Bronco's today which resulted in a 1-yard penalty close to the goal line? Among the most despicable plays I've seen in some time & should have resulted in ejection IMO, player very lucky not to have been injured].
Lots of Broncos fans, so that's probably why boos were heard so loudly. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Brady, but most fans can't stand the New England Patriots-from their arrogant fans, to the tuck rule, spy gate, deflate gate, Kraft-Goodell, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT