ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL schedules

Great schedule. Another schedule if they run the table they should be among the top of discussion for the Open championship.

Great schedule. Another schedule if they run the table they should be among the top of discussion for the Open championship.

In the discussion? If they run the table they are guaranteed. That schedule consists of the best NorCal has to offer right now.

I was thinking St Mary's may be in the conversation if they run the table through their season. Think they play DLS and maybe wrong but thought they could face Folsom in the playoffs or a team in their the Sierra Foothill league that might defeat Folsom next season.

I was thinking St Mary's may be in the conversation if they run the table through their season. Think they play DLS and maybe wrong but thought they could face Folsom in the playoffs or a team in their the Sierra Foothill league that might defeat Folsom next season.
St Marys returns a ton of players. Def in the mix. Folsom lost a lot of players and there wash commit QB. I think SFL is much tighter this year with a school like Oak Ridge primed to take the title.

St. Mary’s has a very tough pre-league season but league strength is weak compared to WCAL. SFL will be competitive. The SM Rams need to improve on defense to have any chance of running the table, especially in the SJS playoffs. Definitely some common opponents for Serra and St. Mary’s. But, I’m thinking DLS will be back for vengeance vs St. Mary’s @ DLS and vs Serra and Folsom (away). DLS had a very young team last season too and responded in rematch vs Folsom. Don’t count out the Spartans! But, I like St. Mary’s chances because of their explosive offense and nearly 80% of their starting linemen (offense and defense) return, not just their weapons on offense at QB, WR, and RB. Secondary should be good but question mark may be in the middle at LB crew. Yes, they defeated DLS last year, but key turnovers and DLS inability to stop the Rams offense were the reason. Had DLS not turn the ball over, the Rams D weren’t stopping them early and potentially wasn’t going to stop them late. The Rams couldn’t stop Turlocks offense (much trick plays), yet Oak Ridge and no problem doing so. Like I said, no worries about the Rams offense, but the big question for St. Mary’s is their defense. Upgrade that defense and there is a good chance they run the table. Definitely going to be tested early. Gotta like Serra’s chances,too, in running the table, maybe even more so. But, don’t sleep on DLS. They will be better.

St. Mary’s has a very tough pre-league season but league strength is weak compared to WCAL. SFL will be competitive. The SM Rams need to improve on defense to have any chance of running the table, especially in the SJS playoffs. Definitely some common opponents for Serra and St. Mary’s. But, I’m thinking DLS will be back for vengeance vs St. Mary’s @ DLS and vs Serra and Folsom (away). DLS had a very young team last season too and responded in rematch vs Folsom. Don’t count out the Spartans! But, I like St. Mary’s chances because of their explosive offense and nearly 80% of their starting linemen (offense and defense) return, not just their weapons on offense at QB, WR, and RB. Secondary should be good but question mark may be in the middle at LB crew. Yes, they defeated DLS last year, but key turnovers and DLS inability to stop the Rams offense were the reason. Had DLS not turn the ball over, the Rams D weren’t stopping them early and potentially wasn’t going to stop them late. The Rams couldn’t stop Turlocks offense (much trick plays), yet Oak Ridge and no problem doing so. Like I said, no worries about the Rams offense, but the big question for St. Mary’s is their defense. Upgrade that defense and there is a good chance they run the table. Definitely going to be tested early. Gotta like Serra’s chances,too, in running the table, maybe even more so. But, don’t sleep on DLS. They will be better.

Out of the top 5 (Serra, DLS, Folsom, St marys , and oak ridge) I think Folsom lost by far the most pieces and will have to reload. (Which they are capable of )
OR returns a ton of kids and a TE who will be a big time national recruit (6”7 Edwards). They won at every level and Taylor has program back.
St marys def returns the most offensive fire!

Reactions: THEOC89
I do agree with you that Taylor has done an awesome job so far at OR and they have good talent coming back including successful lower levels. I am not ready to put them into the top 5 in NorCal tho. Time will tell but I do not think they are top 5 with the likes of Serra and DLS. I do also agree with you that the SFL feels tighter this year and OR is definitely a contender. Should be another fun season.

I do agree with you that Taylor has done an awesome job so far at OR and they have good talent coming back including successful lower levels. I am not ready to put them into the top 5 in NorCal tho. Time will tell but I do not think they are top 5 with the likes of Serra and DLS. I do also agree with you that the SFL feels tighter this year and OR is definitely a contender. Should be another fun season.
OR really has a strong returning core. Keep in mind this was #2 team in SJS last year and was a top 7-8 norcal team. Maybe throw in Pitt but they can never win any big game. Time will tell but I expect they will continue to open up eyes. The SFL won’t be nearly as top heavy with Folsom.

Reactions: THEOC89
OR really has a strong returning core. Keep in mind this was #2 team in SJS last year and was a top 7-8 norcal team. Maybe throw in Pitt but they can never win any big game. Time will tell but I expect they will continue to open up eyes. The SFL won’t be nearly as top heavy with Folsom.
I’m just never sold on OR being the top dog in SJS or Nor Cal till they get a legit 1-2 track speed gamebreakers on the outside or at RB, anytime they get matched up with someone who somewhat has some size but has got the guys on the outside OR can’t hang over 4 quarters and struggle on offense

I’m just never sold on OR being the top dog in SJS or Nor Cal till they get a legit 1-2 track speed gamebreakers on the outside or at RB, anytime they get matched up with someone who somewhat has some size but has got the guys on the outside OR can’t hang over 4 quarters and struggle on offense
Speed has been Achilles heel for sure. They haven’t had that luxury in a long time. They need to up their recruiting!

Reactions: MC415
Speed. That's been the hallmark of Serra's roster for at least 15 years. The 2023 version may well be the Padres' fastest, especially on defense. It's a big-play outfit taken to the max. The one big caveat, ironically enough: Do they have enough behemoths on both lines to compete with the state's best? That's unclear at this point.

Speed. That's been the hallmark of Serra's roster for at least 15 years. The 2023 version may well be the Padres' fastest, especially on defense. It's a big-play outfit taken to the max. The one big caveat, ironically enough: Do they have enough behemoths on both lines to compete with the state's best? That's unclear at this point.
Any update on the Bellarmine head coach search? I was surprised to hear of Coach Beauchman suddenly stepping down. He looked to be building a strong program.

Reactions: Scott2138
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT