ADVERTISEMENT

Week 11 Scoreboard

St Mary boatraced them after the 1 st quarter and put up 45 points against them and beat them by 2 scores, that performance was more then barely
Didn’t realize St Mary’s was a legit number 2 yet. I was referring to Serra and Folsom.

I've no skin in the game at this point but the labeling of "garbage QBs" is ridiculous. In my experience, HS football players in high expectation programs work their hinies off. And their successes (or failures) are unequivocally NOT wholly self-owned. True, some are more productive than others and some families have spent years planning and thousands of dollars on external coaching to get them into a program with hopes of the next level.

I DO think it's fair to critique coaches/programs who/which seem to enjoy an inherent talent pool and depth/numbers in paid staff.
I also think we should probably be careful about being hyperbolically critical of 16 and 17 year old players.

Didn’t realize St Mary’s was a legit number 2 yet. I was referring to Serra and Folsom.
After handing DLS 3 turnovers early, Serra outscored the Spartans 17-0 down the stretch for the win.

After handing DLS 3 turnovers early, Serra outscored the Spartans 17-0 down the stretch for the win.
St. Mary’s relied on 3 turnovers (fumbles -forced/stripped) by DLS to outscore the Spartans 45-14 during their comeback. No doubt Serra’s win differential va DLS could have been much bigger if not for their 3 early turnovers, allowing DLS to have the early lead. Was Serra dealing with injuries/missing players on D in surrendering 30 points to Central Catholic? CC scored in every quarter to stay in the game having an early lead themselves vs Serra. Yet, St. Mary’s pretty much shutdown CC after giving up an early TD due to a big play. Still, I anticipate Serra getting the Open bid as long as St. Mary’s does NOT win SJS D1 sections and the Rams do NOT have an overwhelming victory vs Folsom in the championship game. Still got to get to that championship game in order to find out.

St. Mary’s relied on 3 turnovers (fumbles -forced/stripped) by DLS to outscore the Spartans 45-14 during their comeback. No doubt Serra’s win differential va DLS could have been much bigger if not for their 3 early turnovers, allowing DLS to have the early lead. Was Serra dealing with injuries/missing players on D in surrendering 30 points to Central Catholic? CC scored in every quarter to stay in the game having an early lead themselves vs Serra. Yet, St. Mary’s pretty much shutdown CC after giving up an early TD due to a big play. Still, I anticipate Serra getting the Open bid as long as St. Mary’s does NOT win SJS D1 sections and the Rams do NOT have an overwhelming victory vs Folsom in the championship game. Still got to get to that championship game in order to find out.
I'm not really sure that it would take an overwhelming victory over Folsom to put St. Mary's in the Open. I think a number of factors work in the Rams' favor over Serra. But, I do think they need to beat Folsom in the finals. It can't be anyone else.

I had said previously that Serra needed for one or two other undefeated teams to be in the CCS D-I playoffs to really bolster their resume. That's no longer the case.

Reactions: FBAddict
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT