Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Menlo Atherton at Menlo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terra Nova at Fremont Sunnyvale

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Game of the Week
THE GAME OF THE WEEK......Was the choice a number of posters, but the choice of the St, Mary vs. DLS game came out on top, but, St. Mary's will run over DLS and my number St. Mary's 38 DLS 14, The rams are too fast and the defense should be well more then enough to send DLS home.

SRV 27 Mac 20.....The Wolves have one of the best QB's in the area and a tough defense plus a OF line to protect the Wolve QB...
Oakdale 28 Escalon 21...This will be the best of the games and it will be close Escalon took a beating last week, but will have learned a lot, Oakdale is still a young team, but will be hard to deal with.
California 35 Pittsburg 21......The Pirates are fast, but the Grizzlies defense will handle the running Pirate game, Pittsburg still learns to play together....California has a very good running and passing game and Pittsburg will not be able to stop them....

@Bluedog2, the poll is still open. Although the St. Mary’s at DLS game has the lead, it won’t be finalized as Game of the Week until tomorrow (Wednesday) at 2:01pm. And DLS is already at home. Not much travel for them. Lol.

I really anticipate a much closer game. Why? DLS’s losses were against some pretty darn good teams. Those teams just made the Spartans not look so great. But, against other teams, really just the other team, being St. Francis, the Spartans light shined a little brighter. Had many only saw Folsom play Serra (just the 1st quarter), they might not give Folsom credit. Against other teams Folsom has shown they are indeed a very good team. And they outplayed Serra after being down 21-0 early to leave with a respectable score of 21-14. Keep in mind Central Catholic stayed in the game with St. Mary’s and even had the lead for a brief moment. Yet, the Raiders were shut down by Serra. Is St. Mary’s really that good? Is DLS really that bad? I don’t think we know yet until they take the field. Yes, the Rams beat up the Spartans last year @ St. Mary’s. But, the Rams lost their big play WR Nas Danielson to graduation along with another speedy WR Brooks Wheatly. Together those two accounted for 264 of the 325 yards in the air and 3 of the 6 TDs. The Rams do have a very good WR corp that has returned and now seeing much action. And yes, the QB Hunkin is back. But, those two guys were key to the Rams offensive fire power, along with a couple of key turnovers by the Spartans. Take away the turnovers and the game would have been closer (a back and forth battle). Now much depends on sophomore Kenny Moore and running by Asante Carter who only had 51 yards on the ground (3 ypc) vs DLS last year. Don’t forget that coach Terry Eidson is back (missing last year). Just his return should warrant a closer score. I still expect the Rams to win, and with the X’s and O’s and performance last year head to head and each teams performance this season to date, yes, this appears to be Rams running away with this game. But, something tells me that this game is going to be closer, and a very exciting game to watch. Hence, I’m making the trip to Concord on Friday evening. Ok, yes, I have St. Mary’s as my 10 pointer and predicting a 42-21 score (little closer than your prediction), but I’m a Rams homer and going all in. Still, I think it might be closer than you and I are predicting. We’ll see.

I will be the grumpy old man. But the Escalon@ Oakdale game is REAL Friday night lights. Small town high school football. This game is big in these communities. The only time in recent memory was covid season where no one could watch the game. Both teams made up of local kids. No Reno connection. No D1 5 star athletes. Just corn fed farm boys.

I will be the grumpy old man. But the Escalon@ Oakdale game is REAL Friday night lights. Small town high school football. This game is big in these communities. The only time in recent memory was covid season where no one could watch the game. Both teams made up of local kids. No Reno connection. No D1 5 star athletes. Just corn fed farm boys.
I love matchups like Escalon-Oakdale. There are a few of these regional games that don't get played for some reason so props to Escalon and Oakdale for making it happen

Rocknrolus...I agee with you...the game will be in the Corral and O
I love matchups like Escalon-Oakdale. There are a few of these regional games that don't get played for some reason so props to Escalon and Oakdale for making it happen
GUYS...We have two more tough games coming on
Friday....Del Oro vs. Casa Roble.....Del Oro 27 Cas Robles 20...Another case of a good QB on the Casa Roble team, it will be another battle.

Amador Valley Vs. Monte Vista.....Amador Valley 20 Monte vista 19.....The Dons have showed just how they are tough...They have taken down three teams in skin thin win battles....

I am thinking maybe friendship between coaches? Mark and Trent friends. Same with Joey from Placer. To me a natural matchup. But Champ and I always hope we don't meet up in playoffs. So I get it.

Reactions: Streak One
@Bluedog2, the poll is still open. Although the St. Mary’s at DLS game has the lead, it won’t be finalized as Game of the Week until tomorrow (Wednesday) at 2:01pm. And DLS is already at home. Not much travel for them. Lol.

I really anticipate a much closer game. Why? DLS’s losses were against some pretty darn good teams. Those teams just made the Spartans not look so great. But, against other teams, really just the other team, being St. Francis, the Spartans light shined a little brighter. Had many only saw Folsom play Serra (just the 1st quarter), they might not give Folsom credit. Against other teams Folsom has shown they are indeed a very good team. And they outplayed Serra after being down 21-0 early to leave with a respectable score of 21-14. Keep in mind Central Catholic stayed in the game with St. Mary’s and even had the lead for a brief moment. Yet, the Raiders were shut down by Serra. Is St. Mary’s really that good? Is DLS really that bad? I don’t think we know yet until they take the field. Yes, the Rams beat up the Spartans last year @ St. Mary’s. But, the Rams lost their big play WR Nas Danielson to graduation along with another speedy WR Brooks Wheatly. Together those two accounted for 264 of the 325 yards in the air and 3 of the 6 TDs. The Rams do have a very good WR corp that has returned and now seeing much action. And yes, the QB Hunkin is back. But, those two guys were key to the Rams offensive fire power, along with a couple of key turnovers by the Spartans. Take away the turnovers and the game would have been closer (a back and forth battle). Now much depends on sophomore Kenny Moore and running by Asante Carter who only had 51 yards on the ground (3 ypc) vs DLS last year. Don’t forget that coach Terry Eidson is back (missing last year). Just his return should warrant a closer score. I still expect the Rams to win, and with the X’s and O’s and performance last year head to head and each teams performance this season to date, yes, this appears to be Rams running away with this game. But, something tells me that this game is going to be closer, and a very exciting game to watch. Hence, I’m making the trip to Concord on Friday evening. Ok, yes, I have St. Mary’s as my 10 pointer and predicting a 42-21 score (little closer than your prediction), but I’m a Rams homer and going all in. Still, I think it might be closer than you and I are predicting. We’ll see.
Bulldogmgc....Lots of good information on the Rams, it will give us a good look on St. Mary's, the Rams have the speed and a group of kids with good hands...Are you going to see the game??

Reactions: bulldogmgc
Bulldogmgc....Lots of good information on the Rams, it will give us a good look on St. Mary's, the Rams have the speed and a group of kids with good hands...Are you going to see the game??
Yes, I have my tickets and I’m bringing my wife of 35 years. DLS has a lot of speed as well! Per Coach Alumbaugh, he has the 4x100 relay team on his team. Anticipating a shootout!

Interestingly, the East Bay times writers (all 3) are picking DLS.

Last edited:
Reactions: larry legend33
I was torn on this game, perhaps overthinking. My gut kept saying this is DLS, a powerhouse whom played a typical tough schedule. They got hogs, track guys and that lunch pale no fear approach. Tough start to season but they will get better, pick DLS.

I went with the 🎅 logic, evidence based approach separating all the lore of old into the 2023 controlled sample on the field. This team will compete no doubt but is not better than St. Mary's.

We will learn a lot tonight!

Reactions: FBAddict
Also note, DLS was young last year and still young this year. I believe they lost more to graduation from last year’s team than St. Mary’s did and now St. Mary’s is senior heavy. St. Mary’s has a couple of underclassmen in WRs Kenny Moore and Ivan Huerta along with CB Ahmyri McGee-Hall, but the rest of the starters are seniors and 90% of them started last year. Again, I think DLS will be better prepared. But, I think St. Mary’s will be well prepared as well. Again, it’s going to be a dandy!

Note: St. Mary’s backup QB from last year who got some playing time in last years game, Devin Rasmussen, has moved down to JV for more playing time. He will return to Varsity for playoffs along with any other key JV players. This being the case, Rams starting QB Samson Hunkin must stay healthy for this game, if the Rams plan on winning. No jinx!!! GO RAMS!!!

Also note, DLS was young last year and still young this year. I believe they lost more to graduation from last year’s team than St. Mary’s did and now St. Mary’s is senior heavy. St. Mary’s has a couple of underclassmen in WRs Kenny Moore and Ivan Huerta along with CB Ahmyri McGee-Hall, but the rest of the starters are seniors and 90% of them started last year. Again, I think DLS will be better prepared. But, I think St. Mary’s will be well prepared as well. Again, it’s going to be a dandy!

Note: St. Mary’s backup QB from last year who got some playing time in last years game, Devin Rasmussen, has moved down to JV for more playing time. He will return to Varsity for playoffs along with any other key JV players. This being the case, Rams starting QB Samson Hunkin must stay healthy for this game, if the Rams plan on winning. No jinx!!! GO RAMS!!!
If st marys can get some stops on D I think you guys have plenty of weapons to score on DLS. I’m going Rams 30 and Spartans 27.

bulldogmgc..........:Stop by the program table at the entrance to Double O field tonight and say hello. Will be there with Mrs C (the smarter and good looking of the two). Never met a chain ganger up close.
Go Spartans

bulldogmgc..........:Stop by the program table at the entrance to Double O field tonight and say hello. Will be there with Mrs C (the smarter and good looking of the two). Never met a chain ganger up close.
Go Spartans
I’m sure @bulldogmgc won’t stand you up like that Folsom supporter (GC1?/Pasty? )did when all of you were waiting to meet him at Rocco’s a few years ago. Lol

Go Spartans
Will do. Do you guys allow water bottles to be brought in?

Go Spartans
It was nice to meet you in person and thanks for the DLS program! I’ll keep it as a souvenir, even though my Rams took the loss. Looked for you briefly at the program table where we met after the game with hope I could’ve congratulated you in person, but nature called and I couldn’t hang out. It was a lot colder than I prepared (wearing shorts and a t-shirt, yet glad I brought my sweatshirt). Likewise, the outcome of the game. I knew the Spartans had some speed, but didn’t expect them to have more speed than the Rams. The Spartans played really well and much improvement on their tackling and limiting mistakes. Last year’s game there were a lot of missed tackles and turnovers. Not this year! Much kuddos! Wishing you all the best the rest of the season, especially next week vs Folsom. GO SPARTANS! BEAT DEM BULLDOGS!

Bulldogmgc (with a capital B out of respect) Ditto your comments above. I didn't sign onto NCP forums to meet prep people and make friends but when I do, (hmmm.....sounds like a Dos XX's moment)
I am never disappointed. Have always eñjoyed your intelligent, passionate posts and now I have a face to go with your words. Tough game/nite but there are still many more to go. Hopefully this matchup will be continued.

Never lose but always learn.
concrete 17-

Yes, I have my tickets and I’m bringing my wife of 35 years. DLS has a lot of speed as well! Per Coach Alumbaugh, he has the 4x100 relay team on his team. Anticipating a shootout!

Interestingly, the East Bay times writers (all 3) are picking DLS.
Bul;ldogmgc......DLS sure dumped St. Mary's, with all the firepower that the Rams have, it looks they just fell apart and never came to play the game, DLS did not back off, I for sure thought that the Rams would stop DLS...

Bul;ldogmgc......DLS sure dumped St. Mary's, with all the firepower that the Rams have, it looks they just fell apart and never came to play the game, DLS did not back off, I for sure thought that the Rams would stop DLS...
Unfortunately for SM the Spartans awoke from their near flat line coma and actually showed a measurable read on the EEG

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT