ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 Scores

Yes as baseball shifts to an upper class sport that sport continues to there in that area, especially in Petaluma, which is becoming Marin North. If it wasn’t for Latino families immigrating and keeping the next generation close the youth population which is already shrinking would be in free fall. In the “whiter” areas this has already happened with West County having to consolidate, they didn’t get the Latino boom Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park, and Windsor received. The Far East bay and Sac area are just so much more attractive to families now, as well as out of state.
Petaluma has always been known as a baseball city. But the the city has changed the last 20 years. 60’-90’s East Petaluma was the “new” side. West side was all old school several generational money. Tons of dairy and old school families. Now East Petaluma is the old Petaluma. The West side is Peninsula and South Bay families and yeah a little “North Marin”. Although that title is usually given by south Marin people to Novato, who they just have always considered to be Southern Sonoma Coutny. But hey the Novato narrows are finally going to be 3 lanes, only took 60 years.

Petaluma has always been known as a baseball city. But the the city has changed the last 20 years. 60’-90’s East Petaluma was the “new” side. West side was all old school several generational money. Tons of dairy and old school families. Now East Petaluma is the old Petaluma. The West side is Peninsula and South Bay families and yeah a little “North Marin”. Although that title is usually given by south Marin people to Novato, who they just have always considered to be Southern Sonoma Coutny. But hey the Novato narrows are finally going to be 3 lanes, only took 60 years.

the good ole 101… 🤮🤮. I think with better outlets Sonoma county is more noticed. We were always solid. In 80’s and 90’s when many of us played we held our own on the state level but weren’t as discovered. I remember in HS playing the best scal Catholics (including mater dei) and we did very well winning a lot of games against guys who ended up playing pac10/wcc. We walked away saying they weren’t nearly as good as the hype.

SRJC was a factory as kids went there and got discovered.

Reactions: bella123 and MC415
the good ole 101… 🤮🤮. I think with better outlets Sonoma county is more noticed. We were always solid. In 80’s and 90’s when many of us played we held our own on the state level but weren’t as discovered. I remember in HS playing the best scal Catholics (including mater dei) and we did very well winning a lot of games against guys who ended up playing pac10/wcc. We walked away saying they weren’t nearly as good as the hype.

SRJC was a factory as kids went there and got discovered.
Interesting post I must say. I didn’t remember MD playing anybody in the 101 corridor in the 20 years mentioned. I remember a game or two with DLS but that was it. So I went and looked it up, I guess those beating were so humiliating MD doesn’t recognize them either. https://www.materdeifootball.net/history/year-by-year-game-scores/#GameScores|4

Reactions: larry legend33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT