ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 Scores

I hereby rescind my "Wow!". While a solid effort by the SHC Irish against SF the play calling by the coaching staff has been a bit questionable. Down 2 scores in 4th on offense Irish have QB running to sideline to get play and instructions from OC & delay of game penalty for 5-yards when the clock is running [?].
While the game appears to have been close to 4th and SHC has some real talent it appears that SF has more depth, possibly a more experienced coaching staff in play calling and that depth now wearing down the Irish late in the game. Good effort Irish!
Aside from the record, you really have to admire the effort throughout all their games by SH. The record reflects the fact they havent learned how to win. They are right there from turning 0-5 to 4-1, 3-2. Did not help losing their starting QB to according what the play by play kids say was due to COVID. TBH Im really happy to SH just go with the trick play route. Talent and depth wise they are usually at a disadvantage vs WCAL teams. They should just run exclusively trick plays because they arent going to win running the ball up the gut. At 0-5, really they have nothing to lose except just letting the kids have some fun.

Final score is SF 37 SHC 13.

I have to say that SHC is the real deal. They were just worn out by the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
Omg… 80 yard int return by Ma
35-24 ball game
OR had chances.. great game though.
menlo atherton had some big plays.

I saw the last drive. The QB had the receiver open deep over the middle for the possible win but just didn’t get enough on the throw to beat the backside safety. It was close though.

Nah, Folsom is no St Frances

You hope that’s the case. You don’t really know that. You’re making assumptions based off reputation.

Even if it plays out and proves to be true over the next few weeks, you have zero way of knowing that right now.

The Folsom homer that’s not even from the area has you guys so anti-Folsom he’s living rent free.

Reactions: WCAL75
#1 Folsom beat #26 Del Oro 58-6
#2 St. Francis beat Sacred Heart Cathedral 37-13
St. Frances-Maryland beat #3 De La Salle 42-28
#6 Rocklin beat #13 Granite Bay 26-6
#7 Jesuit beat Franklin-Elk Grove 47-16
#10 Central Catholic beat #35 Oakdale 32-14
#12 San Ramon Valley beat Foothill-Pleasanton 42-0
#14 Menlo-Atherton beat #23 Oak Ridge 35-24
#19 St. Mary’s-Stockton beat Tracy 56-13
#21 Vacaville beat Fairfield 43-0
#22 Aptos beat Alvarez 52-6
#28 Manteca beat East Union 40-34
#29 California beat Dublin 30-20
#30 Inderkum beat Woodcreek 21-17
#31 Monte Vista beat Livermore 48-7
#33 Elk Grove beat Sheldon 42-35
Escalon beat Hilmar 24-14

St Frances MD wins 42-28, and not that close. Watching on TV, post game handshakes between the two teams looked kinda chippy
De la salle gotta get rid of them pittsburg and antioch kids. out there wildin gettin chippy

Turlock-Pitman rivalry game usually last of season, but first of league this year for some reason. Pitman never got within sniffing distance of the end zone, but Turlock continually shot itself in the foot with penalties. Plus fumbling through the end zone from the 1 and having a TD called back for a penalty. Starting quarterback Cole Gilbert just played the first half. Still, never in doubt and final Turlock 35 Pitman 0. Pitman used to have good teams every year but have been down for several years now. Not sure why but maybe someone would know. The Turlock JV won 45-0. Big linemen, bigger than some varsity teams, points to a re-load from year to year of the physicality that Turlock relies on.

I saw the last drive. The QB had the receiver open deep over the middle for the possible win but just didn’t get enough on the throw to beat the backside safety. It was close though.
He was open indeed but as you said the ball stayed up to long and gave time for MA to recover. Really great effort by OR. They could have folded when it was about to be 21-0 but didn’t.
MA played rather uninspired at times. Maybe let down after big Mack win. Long road trip… They were clearly better but let OR hang.

You hope that’s the case. You don’t really know that. You’re making assumptions based off reputation.

Even if it plays out and proves to be true over the next few weeks, you have zero way of knowing that right now.

The Folsom homer that’s not even from the area has you guys so anti-Folsom he’s living rent free.
Did you watch DeLaSalle vs St Frances??? I'm making assumptions on what I saw. Folsom is not as big, fast, athletic, or physical. Why are you trying so hard to talk up Folsom.? Nobody said they sucked, or were a bad team, or even that they can't beat DeLaSalle. Because I said St Frances is better I'm anti Folsom???? I've seen both play. You're as defensive as the Folsom homer you're describing. Say, you're not..........noooooo, no way

Reactions: THEOC89
Did you watch DeLaSalle vs St Frances??? I'm making assumptions on what I saw. Folsom is not as big, fast, athletic, or physical. Why are you trying so hard to talk up Folsom.? Nobody said they sucked, or were a bad team, or even that they can't beat DeLaSalle. Because I said St Frances is better I'm anti Folsom???? I've seen both play. You're as defensive as the Folsom homer you're describing. Say, you're not..........noooooo, no way
You know, I've come to realize something. Most SJS guys are very anti DLS, and badly want Folsom to beat them. After reading ThunderRams post I'm sure of it. Didn't realize DLS lives rent free in SJS collective heads. I know it's because you feel that the SJS is the best section in NorCal,but DLS keeps you from making that claim complete. Well, on 10/8, the hopes of the section will be riding with Folsom ( as they do each time they play DLS). Now it's even more interesting.

Reactions: THEOC89
You know, I've come to realize something. Most SJS guys are very anti DLS, and badly want Folsom to beat them. After reading ThunderRams post I'm sure of it. Didn't realize DLS lives rent free in SJS collective heads. I know it's because you feel that the SJS is the best section in NorCal,but DLS keeps you from making that claim complete. Well, on 10/8, the hopes of the section will be riding with Folsom ( as they do each time they play DLS). Now it's even more interesting.

I’m pretty neutral when it comes to both schools. I respect that they both are in the top tier of HS football and DLS built a legacy that will be hard to ever match.
As for the game….. I’ve seen both teams a couple times. I’m starting to believe this could be one of Folsom best offensive teams. They are that good. Treiman is incredible at QB.
But, I’m not sure they will be able to stop DLS run game and their ability to control the clock.

Throw out that st Frances game. That was a college team playing that would match bosco and MD.

And if you think Folsom is going go in and hang 40+ think again. St Frances threw 4 TD passes and the last kids to do that against DLS played in the NFL.
I still like DLS in a good game 35-24.

Reactions: remc
I’m pretty neutral when it comes to both schools. I respect that they both are in the top tier of HS football and DLS built a legacy that will be hard to ever match.
As for the game….. I’ve seen both teams a couple times. I’m starting to believe this could be one of Folsom best offensive teams. They are that good. Treiman is incredible at QB.
But, I’m not sure they will be able to stop DLS run game and their ability to control the clock.

Throw out that st Frances game. That was a college team playing that would match bosco and MD.

And if you think Folsom is going go in and hang 40+ think again. St Frances threw 4 TD passes and the last kids to do that against DLS played in the NFL.
I still like DLS in a good game 35-24.
Oh I agree, though I think DLS/Folsom can go either way. Do you think Folsom could beat St Frances based on what you saw?

Reactions: concrete17
De la salle gotta get rid of them pittsburg and antioch kids. out there wildin gettin chippy

Couldn't tell which side it came from

I was at the Game Down on The Field and SFA was Definitely Making it Chippy, they were trying to Intimidate DLS with Trash Talk and lots of extra pushing and Shoving right from the beginning…..

They were not only talking Trash to the Players but to the Fans as well…. DLS fans don't engage in that though so they all just looked around like “What is Wrong with These Kids.”….. 🤣

Being down on the Field, all I can Say is SFA looked like a Bunch of Men vs HS Kids…. They were a very impressive combination of Size and Speed…. I was really impressed seeing them in person, they looked to be very well coached as well….

I was at the Game Down on The Field and SFA was Definitely Making it Chippy, they were trying to Intimidate DLS with Trash Talk and lots of extra pushing and Shoving right from the beginning…..

They were not only talking Trash to the Players but to the Fans as well…. DLS fans don't engage in that though so they all just looked around like “What is Wrong with These Kids.”….. 🤣

Being down on the Field, all I can Say is SFA looked like a Bunch of Men vs HS Kids…. They were a very impressive combination of Size and Speed…. I was really impressed seeing them in person, they looked to be very well coached as well….
trying? de la salle def were shook. but it is expected. the little fellas on the d line for the spartans looked like youth football linemen compared to sfa. as for the fans? thats a damn lie too. i mean they werent saying anything out loud... but we all know what was going through them heads. pushing and shoving happens every friday night on every football field. the student was on the field celebrating a touchdown for de la salle. shouldnt that be a penalty?

I could kinda tell, that's why I mentioned it. SFA looked every bit as impressive on TV

Hmmm what do you mean by that?
Many of DLS best players and athletes come from Pitt, Antioch, Brentwood, and Oakley now. No doubt DLS has benefited from the population growth that moved from SF, Daly City, Oakland and the inner east bay to out that way since the 90s and 00s.

as for the fans? thats a damn lie too. i mean they werent saying anything out loud...
Really?…. Were you There?….. Because I was…. Even the SFA Coaches told the Kids to “Knock it Off” and Get to The Locker Room….

Frankly I could care less about Trash Talking on the Football Field and to the Fans it is part of the game….

You are the one who seems to have a Problem with Kids from PITT and Antioch….

Final score is SF 37 SHC 13.

I have to say that SHC is the real deal. They were just worn out by the 4th quarter.
Maybe a softer preseason would have done them well. I’m all for a challenging Pre season but WCAL is challenging enough unless you are already an established powerhouse. SHC is definitely trending up next year if the kids stick with it and use this year as motivation that they aren’t far away from winning these games.

Windsor leads Benicia 31-0. Different colors but same Cronin type team
Windsor could run the table. Newman and Rancho are going to be amazing matchups. It’s good to have another good program up there, the area as a whole Is quite down in terms of football programs lately. Aging population, fires, demographic shifts, so many factors.

Really?…. Were you There?….. Because I was…. Even the SFA Coaches told the Kids to “Knock it Off” and Get to The Locker Room….

Frankly I could care less about Trash Talking on the Football Field and to the Fans it is part of the game….

You are the one who seems to have a Problem with Kids from PITT and Antioch….
i was not. but if you could care less why even mention it to begin with? i simply said that the players from both teams had something to say to each other as it should be. this sport isnt about being friends. its a badge of honor for the spartans. people enjoy beating them and like to talk about it. love it when they hate you.

Maybe a softer preseason would have done them well. I’m all for a challenging Pre season but WCAL is challenging enough unless you are already an established powerhouse. SHC is definitely trending up next year if the kids stick with it and use this year as motivation that they aren’t far away from winning these games.
I dont agree with scheduling softer competition for the sake of getting an easy win and padding stats. The reality is playing games vs equal to better competition will get some of the kids noticed by the college scouts/coaches. Im not looking at the team's record when evaluating a team like SH. I am noticing they are in every game, defense is tough as nails (minus being susceptible to big run play) and if they had any semblance of a confident offense that didnt need trick plays to score their record would not be 0-5.

I dont know if we will ever see SH being a top half WCAL team but a catalyst of that happening is when you see more Mixon Jr's, Upressa's, Irons's, Branch-Haynes's, Ivy's, etc that play next level which will draw more kids to the program.

Windsor could run the table. Newman and Rancho are going to be amazing matchups. It’s good to have another good program up there, the area as a whole Is quite down in terms of football programs lately. Aging population, fires, demographic shifts, so many factors.
Agree with you. Not a growing area (families) and not that desirable anymore due to high costs. It’s become more of a baseball factory now and really down on hoops and football overall.

Reactions: NCS707
Oh I agree, though I think DLS/Folsom can go either way. Do you think Folsom could beat St Frances based on what you saw?

i think folsom would have gotten beat bad by SFA. Totally different level. They have kids today that would probably start for PAc12 schools. Today!
I think bosco and MD would beat them but probably a close game.
Although I don’t think I’ve seen a better receiver than Rico Flores in a long time. He would be the best receiver on all of those teams.

Reactions: PatCarrillo
Agree with you. Not a growing area (families) and not that desirable anymore due to high costs. It’s become more of a baseball factory now and really down on hoops and football overall.
Yes as baseball shifts to an upper class sport that sport continues to there in that area, especially in Petaluma, which is becoming Marin North. If it wasn’t for Latino families immigrating and keeping the next generation close the youth population which is already shrinking would be in free fall. In the “whiter” areas this has already happened with West County having to consolidate, they didn’t get the Latino boom Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park, and Windsor received. The Far East bay and Sac area are just so much more attractive to families now, as well as out of state.

Chico sophomore running Dion Coleman tied a Northern Section record with eight rushing scores in a win over Yuba City. He has 18 touchdowns in four games.

St Francis isn't even in the same league as Folsom.

It isn't an SJS thing. It is the truth. Plain and simple.

trying? de la salle def were shook. but it is expected. the little fellas on the d line for the spartans looked like youth football linemen compared to sfa. as for the fans? thats a damn lie too. i mean they werent saying anything out loud... but we all know what was going through them heads. pushing and shoving happens every friday night on every football field. the student was on the field celebrating a touchdown for de la salle. shouldnt that be a penalty?
That's just his way of diminishing the dominance by SFA. DLS got smoked on the field so we have to post "superiority" posts on a thread to prove we are better people..... I expected nothing less.

DLS got dominated. Admit it and move on.

Yipe….

Sparty is getting rolled here.
Well, this is definitely not your father's DLS team. This year's team is better than its 2004 and 2005 counterpart, but a far cry from its glory years of 1994-2002. Still this may be the weakest DLS team of the past decade. That being said, SFA was a stellar top-notch team maybe rivaling some of the better DLS teams of the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT