ADVERTISEMENT

West Coast Preps - Coach of the Year Candidates

TheHillZ

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2018

In alphabetical order:

Madison Alexander (Cornerstone Christian)
John Cristiano (San Ramon Valley)
Bryan Gardere (Piedmont)
Margaret Gartner (Acalanes)
Leroy Hurt (Oakland Tech)
Demetrius Jackson (Sacred Heart Cathedral)
Stephen Pezzola (Salesian)
Sue Phillips (Mitty)
Sara Quilici Giles (Los Gatos)
David Weinstein (Crystal Springs Uplands)

I tend to favor the "biggest surprise" "biggest turnaround" or "most with least" approaches for such things. But these are all deserving candidates.

In alphabetical order:

Madison Alexander (Cornerstone Christian)
John Cristiano (San Ramon Valley)
Bryan Gardere (Piedmont)
Margaret Gartner (Acalanes)
Leroy Hurt (Oakland Tech)
Demetrius Jackson (Sacred Heart Cathedral)
Stephen Pezzola (Salesian)
Sue Phillips (Mitty)
Sara Quilici Giles (Los Gatos)
David Weinstein (Crystal Springs Uplands)

I tend to favor the "biggest surprise" "biggest turnaround" or "most with least" approaches for such things. But these are all deserving candidates.
I totally agree with what you're saying and truth be told, I don't know most of the coaches on this list. But Congrats to all of these coaches! Like them or not, they deserve a pat on the back for their hard work.

Crystal Springs guy. They have absolutely no history of outstanding girls' hoops. Although we do love that underground bomb shelter gym complex.

Reactions: Norcal_Fan
Winner was John Cristiano (San Ramon Valley). Doesn't quite fit my preferred criteria, but I saw SRV last summer, and the jump to the team that finished this season was tremendous.

Congrats.

Is West Coast Preps reputable? Their website is plastered with ads and their content is mostly behind a paywall; I’d be scared to give these guys my CC info. Who is behind this site and is the content any good?

It does have a bunch of spammy ads and they are disorienting, but you can "x" out of them. In-season, they have a good amount of timely game coverage from on-site reporters in the bay area, regularly updated team and player rankings, recruiting updates and occasional predictions. To me, it's worth the few bucks a month. They give good Twitter too (@westcoastpreps_)

Reactions: VinceW
Is West Coast Preps reputable? Their website is plastered with ads and their content is mostly behind a paywall; I’d be scared to give these guys my CC info. Who is behind this site and is the content any good?

I think for the few bucks a month it costs it’s the best consistently new content overall in Nor Cal…….love their football content

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT