ADVERTISEMENT

What's up with Jesuit?

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
The Marauders are 1-3 in the Delta River League after losing to Ponderosa (2-1) on Tuesday. Jesuit hasn't lost more than four league games since 2005 and it still has three game series with Oak Ridge and Pleasant Grove.

They have great talent every year but it's very rare that they win the whole deal. I know a lot of the kids that have played there in the last 20 years or so and had some of their better ones in our program- JP Howell and Mike Rose in particular. They were tough kids who were winners. The Elk Grove area teams seem to win more in pressure situations. So does St. Mary's-Stockton.

NCSF,
"The Elk Grove area teams seem to win more in pressure situations. So does St. Mary's-Stockton," Really, which ones besides EGHS? Franklin, Sheldon, Pleasant Grove, Laguna Creek, Monterey Trail, Cosumnes, Valley...NOT! It's funny how you didn't have some of there "better ones" who "were tough kids who were winners" like Susac, Hayes, Agosta, Child... I remember these teams beating Buhach Colony led by Mooneyham and Floro, then beating St Mary's with Lechich, Haberman, Rivera, Grijalva, both SJ section finals.

I believe they may need to start thinking about pulling up some of their younger talent and start developing them at the varsity level. Most schools seem to bring up their talented underclassmen and develop them into their varsity way of doing things yet I notice that at Jesuit its mostly JR's and SR's.

Splitty- I mentioned the ones that I'm more familiar with. I know a lot of kids there presently and the program gets more talent than any program in the section. Am I wrong there? Why are you taking it personal? Big fan of Susac and good family. I saw Agosta pitch at St. Mary's College and was impressed. I always liked Hayes hitting. Childs certainly threw hard and figured it out later at Jesuit but he's a great example of a guy who got better at the next level with great coaching. That said, it doesn't change my opinion that the Elk Grove area has tougher kids and has played better in the last few years. I think Carlson and Rinaldi instill that in their kids more than others. Just my opinion.

This post was edited on 4/16 5:46 PM by NCSF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT