ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be top 5 in the north

How is nobody giving O'Dowd love? They are a D3 private in the East Bay, who now has set up a pipeline in Pleasanton and the 880 corridor for the top athletes. They have another 5-7 D1 recruits on the roster including probably the highest rated player in the last 5 year in Holland. I hear they have a number of transfer coming in, and have positioned themselves to be the 2nd best private in the section. They play De La Salle, and Freedom, and I can see a scenario where if they beat Freedom, compete with De La, and run through the rest of there schedule unscathed, they could get an Open bid. Didn't think Kaufman would come in and in 4 years have them as good or better than any Parenon O'Dowd team.
How did O'Dowd do versus Freedom last year in both Varsity and JV games ... hmm? They will not need to compete with DLS, but beat them, if they are targeted for an Open bid. There is no NorCal playoff game for the Open bid. Beat DLS, go undefeated, and sure the Open bid is O'Dowd's. Good luck!

Reactions: observer22
Marin Catholic probably should be in there somewhere. Maybe Milpitas too.
Marin Catholic vs Cardinal Newman to kick the season off should be a good one.

These initial rankings on my part are pure "guess" work. I would not be surprised if there is a sleeper team out there that is not on my list. Remember, it is not how a team starts that matters. It's how they finish. That's why we play the game. Much of my projections could be way off. I am NO expert. Just simply providing an opinion from my POV. Good luck to both Marin Catholic and Milpitas, too!

... and, perhaps, Menlo-Atherton as well ...

In CCS, Milpitas and M-A are both loaded with talent. Give the edge to M-A on coaching but they both should be NorCal players this year. Both are looking at a possible CCS Finals rematch.

Hmm, interesting. In other words, I really don't care about politics. I thought this was a high school football forum. What happened to discussing the top 5 teams in NorCal?

Get the coloring book ready somebody needs a safe space. It is a high school sports forum and you brought it into politics. I simply corrected your statement. (You're welcome)

Last edited:
Marin Catholic vs Cardinal Newman to kick the season off should be a good one.

These initial rankings on my part are pure "guess" work. I would not be surprised if there is a sleeper team out there that is not on my list. Remember, it is not how a team starts that matters. It's how they finish. That's why we play the game. Much of my projections could be way off. I am NO expert. Just simply providing an opinion from my POV. Good luck to both Marin Catholic and Milpitas, too!
Cardinal Newman vs Marin Catholic is Scrimmage only

How did O'Dowd do versus Freedom last year in both Varsity and JV games ... hmm? They will not need to compete with DLS, but beat them, if they are targeted for an Open bid. There is no NorCal playoff game for the Open bid. Beat DLS, go undefeated, and sure the Open bid is O'Dowd's. Good luck!

That is pretty much what happened to MV's Open bid last year. They lost to DLS in the regular season for their only loss, and that kept them out. IMO that's why Pitt doesn't schedule DLS anymore. They know they'll eventually run into them at NCS, and it could cost them a shot at the Open (or at least the magic #2 or #3 seed) if they lose to them before the playoffs. It is a conundrum for sure, but you've got to give credit to teams like Cal and SRV who continue to schedule DLS every year when others (Foothill, MV) sometimes stay out of their way.

Lol.... if O'Dowd comes within 5 touchdowns, I would be surprised.

How is nobody giving O'Dowd love? They are a D3 private in the East Bay, who now has set up a pipeline in Pleasanton and the 880 corridor for the top athletes. They have another 5-7 D1 recruits on the roster including probably the highest rated player in the last 5 year in Holland. I hear they have a number of transfer coming in, and have positioned themselves to be the 2nd best private in the section. They play De La Salle, and Freedom, and I can see a scenario where if they beat Freedom, compete with De La, and run through the rest of there schedule unscathed, they could get an Open bid. Didn't think Kaufman would come in and in 4 years have them as good or better than any Parenon O'Dowd team.

I stand corrected ... you meant NCS Open (playoffs) bid for O'Dowd, not CIF State Open bid. Sure, beat Freedom, play DLS close, and a NCS Open playoff bid could be there. But, still going to have to go thru DLS for the CIF State Open bid. However, finishing 2nd in NCS Open could potentially land a spot for CIF State NorCal regional divisional playoff game. SOS will be a factor, like always, as well. For MV, their schedule for 2017 hasn't changed much. They still open against Deer Valley (1-9 team last year). That's not going to help MV's cause.

There's no way you go to or even attended DLS. This is a troll account.

Streak-can you ban this guy?

This is the problem with the NorCal board. Way to much crying and sensorship of posters. Folks around here need to get thicker skin. You don't like a post/thread/topic move on. Crying for posters to be banned etc, that's soccer mom crap. Look at the socal board those folks go off on each other, most you guys would melt over that type of talk. Just my 2cents here but it's sport talk, people are supposed to talk shit.

This is the problem with the NorCal board. Way to much crying and sensorship of posters. Folks around here need to get thicker skin. You don't like a post/thread/topic move on. Crying for posters to be banned etc, that's soccer mom crap. Look at the socal board those folks go off on each other, most you guys would melt over that type of talk. Just my 2cents here but it's sport talk, people are supposed to talk shit.
Oh I can go off. Apparently you haven't been on here too long.

I was more referring to the new rules that Streak implemented this year in regards to trolling. If he'd like to open up the flood gates again, I will be sure to comply.

Oh I can go off. Apparently you haven't been on here too long.

I was more referring to the new rules that Streak implemented this year in regards to trolling. If he'd like to open up the flood gates again, I will be sure to comply.

I've been here long enough to watch your act. And your act is exactly what my post is in reference to.

The trolling and the trash-talk are what make this site and these forums boring, in my hones opinion. Anyone trolling or trash talking on a high school football website are exercising their inner Al Bundy. I really really appreciate the posters who deliver facts and well-stated insights on teams and matchups--those are the quality posts.

Once you get too many trolls and buffoonery, this site can get REALLLYY watered down quickly.

The only thing I was stating was O'Dowd may have a chance to sneak in to the NCS Open IF, (Big IF) they beat Freedom, and compete with De La Salle. Maybe catch them banged up or on an off week like SRV. They do get them coming off Gorman, but I too believe De La Salle will be on a whole new level this season. That front seven is littered with college prospects.

I'm on these boards pretty frequently, so if someone needs to be banned, then it happens.

I'm on these boards pretty frequently, so if someone needs to be banned, then it happens.
Thank you! Looking forward also to this year's Pick'ems! There is definitely some good match-ups to start off week 0, with St. Mary's-Stockton vs Serra hopefully on the list.

New The trolling and the trash-talk are what make this site and these forums boring, in my hones opinion. Anyone trolling or trash talking on a high school football website are exercising their inner Al Bundy. I really really appreciate the posters who deliver facts and well-stated insights on teams and matchups--those are the quality posts.

Once you get too many trolls and buffoonery, this site can get REALLLYY watered down quickly.

Again don't like it don't read it. Freedom of speech is freedom of speech. Not sure what the inner Al Bundy stuff is but whatever floats your boat. These are the only boards I have ever seen where posters and I assume men cry for people to be banned. Everywhere else people just ignore what they don't like and move along.

Only thing I think that should be out of bounds is slandering kids or players. Programs, coaches, Fans, school, city, whatever, is fine. It's a sports message board. National, socal, other forums don't the problem because people either ignore it or don't mind.

Only thing I think that should be out of bounds is slandering kids or players. Programs, coaches, Fans, school, city, whatever, is fine. It's a sports message board. National, socal, other forums don't the problem because people either ignore it or don't mind.
There's a great feature where you can ignore users on your profile. I'd rather you have a voice but you have to go back a long way to get to a post where you contributed to actual Northern California High School football content.

There's a great feature where you can ignore users on your profile. I'd rather you have a voice but you have to go back a long way to get to a post where you contributed to actual Northern California High School football content.

Wow thanks for looking,so I checked myself. Looks like about 7 posts all on this thread. Last football only post was Monday about Pitt and CC game. In terms of 7 posts here yep not football related just find it pathetic somebody would ask for a poster to be banned. Especially when person asking is a sheet stirrer himself so I commented. My bad.(rolls eyes)

Wow thanks for looking,so I checked myself. Looks like about 7 posts all on this thread. Last football only post was Monday about Pitt and CC game. In terms of 7 posts here yep not football related just find it pathetic somebody would ask for a poster to be banned. Especially when person asking is a sheet stirrer himself so I commented. My bad.(rolls eyes)
So we good? Can we move on? (Knuckles)

Actually agree with this! Slandering players? I'm not big on commenting on kids generally (but have been guilty as well) but calling out players for their performance or bad attitude should be fair game as long as their some context or reference.

Actually agree with this! Slandering players? I'm not big on commenting on kids generally (but have been guilty as well) but calling out players for their performance or bad attitude should be fair game as long as their some context or reference.

Reactions: Ca. Football rules
If VC has a QB (a question mark) they could be top 10, but not sure they will until the season gets going. From the film I have seen, both prospects are serviceable and could surprise (one is a junior and high upside) and the other a very good athlete impact player (potential college player) on the defensive side of the ball. The years VC has had a very strong QB, they have been able to win the WCAL, but not sure and that is why I have them at #3 in WCAL and Bells could surprise at #4. VC is going to have lots of speed at skill positions and talent on the defensive side so they could very well challenge for the WCAL title but have one major question mark.

Bishop O'Dowd is a top D3 team, and will have chances against DLS and Freedom to determine how good they are relative to other top teams in other NCS leagues. They could verywhere be a top 15-20 team. I might include Foothill and San Ramon Valley (probably favorite in EBAL) in the top 10 discussion although the WCAL teams should be stronger this year.

Will be interesting to see if Granite Bay rebounds some this tear.

I disagree with the comments about Nevada football "sucking". Nevada only has 69 schools that play football, plus three California schools; so of course their top 15 isn't going to look great compared to a Nor Cal or So Cal top 15. I mean keep in mind the only California sections that have fewer schools are the SF, OAL, NS, and LA city (barely). Ratings-wise Their top 10 doesn't look much different then the NCS' top 10 most years.

Last edited:
I mean keep in mind the only California sections that have fewer schools are the SF, OAL, NS, and LA city (barely). .

Exactly my point. 4 sections right there who absolutely play bad football overall. Valid and good comparison of bad football. Solid post.

1 team doesn't make a state or a section good. The drop off from the top team down is huge. Warbone then who in the City Section? Mack then the drop off in the OAL? Nevada has the Bishop then it plummes at a rapid decent.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT