ADVERTISEMENT

Will Mater Dei Be The First Ream To Put 100 points Against De La Salle

Oct 13, 2005
The only reason I ask this question is because I just don't see DLS stopping that vaulted Mater Dei passing attack. Mater Dei's WR's have too much size, speed and talent against those undersized DLS DB's and corners. This could get ugly real quick. Just hope that Coach Rollison shows some class once the score hits 55-0 MD at the half, and puts in the third and fourth stringers. I've usually been right with my predictions, except for last year, when I really blew it. This time I see Coach Alumbaugh experience what true fear is, failing to come up with a plan against such a dominating team like MD, that could beat anybody in the country. Turk invites your comments. Let's build this post into the ionosphere. !!@@!!

DLS's defense is far better than St. Mary's and the Monarchs didn't manage to score that many points on them so I think they'll be safe from that kind of embarrassment.

But the school record could certainly be in jeopardy if Mater Dei is on their game and going for the jugular

The Spartans have surrendered 40+ only twice since the Lad era began. Both happened in Open Bowl games. 42 to Centennial in 2014 and 56 to St. John Bosco in 2016.

I can see MD scoring 40+ and possibly threatening the 56 scored by SJB.

DLS's defense is far better than St. Mary's and the Monarchs didn't manage to score that many points on them so I think they'll be safe from that kind of embarrassment.

But the school record could certainly be in jeopardy if Mater Dei is on their game and going for the jugular

The Spartans have surrendered 40+ only twice since the Lad era began. Both happened in Open Bowl games. 42 to Centennial in 2014 and 56 to St. John Bosco in 2016.

I can see MD scoring 40+ and possibly threatening the 56 scored by SJB.

And possibly by your own admission you forgot to mention that in the 2014 Open game DLS put 63 on Centennial.

And yes DLS looks to have an insurmountable task in front of them, but the team has never backed down from any challenge regardless of the outcome.

Reactions: eaglepuss
DLS is without Robinson. Mater Dei is still without one of their stud LB's (injured in the game vs St. Mary's). It will be near impossible to run against the MD defense. St. Mary's Frampton left the game in the first half with a concussion. He never returned. DLS does not present a passing threat. Versus BG, DLS had only 144 yards on the ground, 65 by Robinson. IMHO, MD's run defense is better than BG's. St. Mary's had only 33 yards rushing vs MD. BG had only 51 yards rushing vs MD. SJB had 125 yards rushing vs MD in their first game, 129 in their game last week. SJB's RB carried the ball 21 times for 54 yards for an avg 2.6 ypc. It was the SJB mobile QB who had some success running the ball 8 time for 48 yards (6 ypc). Want to move the ball against MD? It has to be done in the air. IMHO, Folsom would have actually been a better match-up on offense, especially with Robinson out. Only 24 pts vs Pittsburg? DLS's hope is for it's defense to keep the game a low scoring affair. It's the DLS defense that I believe is a better match-up vs Mater Dei. Still, MD's offense is just too good. Monarchs by 4 TD's, maybe more.

DLS's hope is for it's defense to keep the game a low scoring affair

Mater Dei has played a challenging preseason schedule that included Nationally ranked out of state opponents, won the Trinity League going away and blew away 4 playoff teams to get to Sacramento.. Over those 14 games they've averaged something like 48 a points a game. It's doubtful this will be a low scoring affair...

Reactions: coachlittle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT