ADVERTISEMENT

Will Schweitzer has committed to Nebraska

Thought he was going to Cal but yeah Lincoln is a cool place coming from Los Gatos

...???..Not saying much about Los Gatos.

Spent a year in Lincoln, land of bIG rED, the first year of Tom Osborne's long reign as the Husker HC. 2 things I remember about Lincoln was it had more bars per block than a Klondike gold rush mining town and if you didn't wear red on Friday Rally night you could die of thirst by being refused service in those bars.
Once when I went to pick up a waitress I was dating I made the mistake of mentioning to her boss I was from the Berkeley and he blurted out for all the patrons to hear..."He's from Cally-foornya" like I was Charlie Manson's brother or a Hells Angel recruiter.

Lincoln was nice, people were friendly but keep your roots buried.
Good luck Go Huskers!!

Last edited:
His has been an interesting recruitment but I only watched him in one game.

if it was the newman game that was a total mismatch. I wasn’t impressed with Los Gatos as a team but this kid looks like he can really grow into body.

That game got between Newman and Los Gatos was ugly from the opening kickoff.

They haven’t put together a competitive team in a very very long time

...???..Not saying much about Los Gatos.

Spent a year in Lincoln, land of bIG rED, the first year of Tom Osborne's long reign as the Husker HC. 2 things I remember about Lincoln was it had more bars per block than a Klondike gold rush mining town and if you didn't wear red on Friday Rally night you could die of thirst by being refused service in those bars.
Once when I went to pick up a waitress I was dating I made the mistake of mentioning to her boss I was from the Berkeley and he blurted out for all the patrons to hear..."He's from Cally-foornya" like I was Charlie Manson's brother or a Hells Angel recruiter.

Lincoln was nice, people were friendly but keep your roots buried.
Good luck Go Huskers!!

Crete, Sonny Barger would like a word.... LOL.

Reactions: bella123
Crete, Sonny Barger would like a word.... LOL.

Years ago, early 80's on a Saturday my brother and I hired on as extra finishers helped pour a new sidewalk on Oakland's Foothill Blvd. Across the street was the Hell's Angels club house.
We started at 6:30 am and by noon the front of the club house was was completely swamped with Harleys and black leather clad riders.
After the usual banter about writing in the fresh concrete we responded that we wouldn't get paid for a defaced product. The day ended with sharing beers with many of the members but no Sonny. Next day returned to pull barricades, not 1 mark or defacing.
Unlike sidewalks we have poured in Piedmont or near Frat row in Berkeley.

Reactions: observer22 and 1315
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT