ADVERTISEMENT

Wood 10 Napa 7 in OT

Dan12Kings

Hall of Famer
Sep 14, 2010
wow this is a shocker, looks like Vintage might be the better Napa team this season, last year Vintage gave Vacaville all they could handle losing 29-20. Looks like this year it could be a good one again.

Pretty sad to see the current state of the Napa program
Who would have expected Wood to derail Napa in OT....last year,Napa looked like the team to beat on paper...What a turn around in the wrong direction....The question now who else may be knocking on Napa's door.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
The loss of Coach Mott as the person in charge of the program and the offense has hurt immensely. You can see what Mott working with the defense has done for that side of the ball. Napa's defense has only let one team score more than 2 touchdowns in a game, with that being Rocklin.

The new HC/OC is trying to implement the offense he ran at the JV level, and it clearly isn't working. The days of smash mouth football are gone. The new coach is trying to use finesse way too much. There are many players the HC let back this year who didn't participate in spring and summer ball, and this has damaged trust and team morale as well. How would you feel if you were a kid who bought in, worked your butt off all summer only to be replaced by some kid who had better things to do than grind with your team.

Couple this with the loss of a number of critical coaches(OL coach, DL coach, DC, and other assistants), and you end up with this inferior product. The program has the same coaches working with the JV and the Freshman teams. Essentially, the Varsity staff now is last years JV staff with the exception of two defensive coaches.

Napa will be on hard times for a couple of years. I predict a few more coaches will be gone after this year, and the talent pool dries up until this years group of freshman come of age. This year's group of Seniors are talented, but can't put it all together by themselves. Season ending injuries to a number of players including the MEL Back of the Year and a First Team OL have not helped either. Lastly, the hazing scandal cost the program more than just a few kids. A number of kids chose not to come back out and participate once they saw what was happening with the coaches, and a few kids have transferred.

I tip my hat to the coaches trying to hold it together, but there needs to be a leader who can right this ship.

Welcome back Bluedog2! I was also surprised of this score. Wood had to rely on the Run cause their Pass Happy Offense was based on their Former Starting Qb. I wonder if AC will be the Top Team in the New League of the NCS? Nice to see Vintage up there but hopefully Vacaville will finish strong in League & Playoffs.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
Who would have expected Wood to derail Napa in OT....last year,Napa looked like the team to beat on paper...What a turn around in the wrong direction....The question now who else may be knocking on Napa's door.
Looks like Vintage is knocking on Napa’s door, Vintage is been wanting to beat Napa for a long time now, maybe this is the year.

I still believe Napa can give Vacaville a fight even with all that’s going on but that’s only if their defense plays a good game.

Dan12Kings, wut do you think of the MEL (Armijo, Fairfield. Rodriquez, Vacaville, Vanden & Wood) next Year?

Yes. According to SJS website regarding alignment the MEL will be placed in DIII.

There are some pretty large schools in the MEL. Not sure if the league placed divisions get thrown out the window come playoff time and then go by enrollment? I also don't understand why D1 only has 3 leagues (20 Schools) and D3 has 5 leagues (35 Schools).

Thanks for the credit fellas , of course it had to be that Napa lost the game not that Wood won it . I have been around high school football for over 15 years and that game friday was a good old fashion grudge match . I am a former Indian football player and I know NHS tradition , and I can tell you that it still looked like Napa High . We just threw everything we had at them and when it counted our kids executed. Yea they had a sophomore quarterback who made some mistakes , but he made them because WE forced him into making them . And just for clarity , we didn't touch that FG attempt in OT he just Florida State Miami'd it !

Reactions: ncscalfootball
Still trying to figure out how this is going to be a D3 league
They placed us in D3 so that in playoffs we can move up due to our enrollment. Example : when Wood won the MEL in basketball we had to go to D1 in playoffs because we are a D1 league. We would get like a 15 seed even though we were undefeated. If we were a D3 league and same situation happened we would have gotten a high seed in D2 sections. Or let's say vanden wins It they would be a high seed in D3 as it should happen due to enrollment. By keeping us at D3 all the playoff teams will play to there enrollment in playoffs . Because you can always be moved up in sections not down .

Thank you wildcat coach21 for the information. Good to hear from ya again? Hows Wood Stadium coming along?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT