ADVERTISEMENT

WOOD football Field

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
Drove by Wood today and the bletchers have been taken down on the hill side and there are two tractors parked on the south end of the field...Could this mean the new stadium is about to get under way????

Drove by Wood today and the bletchers have been taken down on the hill side and there are two tractors parked on the south end of the field...Could this mean the new stadium is about to get under way????
Yes it is , the board gave appoved the bid on may 4th and they were out there on the 7th fencing off area ! It is finally happening

Yes it is , the board gave appoved the bid on may 4th and they were out there on the 7th fencing off area ! It is finally happening
Wildcatcoach21......I guess this means the scrimmage between Wood and Alhambra will be at Alhambra????...Also, having your own field will sure mean a lot when it comes game time..outstanding......

Wildcatcoach21......I guess this means the scrimmage between Wood and Alhambra will be at Alhambra????...Also, having your own field will sure mean a lot when it comes game time..outstanding......
We have the field up top we use for practice , depending on how passing league goes this summer, there is always the vaca Christian option as well , or yes we may move the game to Martinez

The Vacaville Reporter & the Daily Republic had pics of it when they did an article of it awhile back. Looks great. Although I saw one whole row for "ADA" and another Section for fans being blocked by a wall of the Entrance/Concession Stands but then that may have been a draft picture. Just wondering is there any Wind Gust at the area where the stadium is gonna be built. Just excited for Wood to finally have their Stadium of their own!

The area covered by wall may not be in final rendering , but if it does it will have game projected on wall from ticket booth , it is made for us to play film and for use as a Greek theater more than for football game , as far as VCS , the capacity isn't big enough for our games so if stadium is not ready for reg season 2019 for some reason we will be at vaca high again

Reactions: ncscalfootball
The area covered by wall may not be in final rendering , but if it does it will have game projected on wall from ticket booth , it is made for us to play film and for use as a Greek theater more than for football game , as far as VCS , the capacity isn't big enough for our games so if stadium is not ready for reg season 2019 for some reason we will be at vaca high again
Woods football field is making progress, the grass has been stripped and piled on the south end of the field, the concrete stair case has been ripped out, so next comes the new turf and the stands???

Woods football field is making progress, the grass has been stripped and piled on the south end of the field, the concrete stair case has been ripped out, so next comes the new turf and the stands???
Thanks for the updates Bluedog2! Please post pics....tia!

IMG_4969_1.jpg
IMG_4969_1.jpg
IMG_4968.jpg
IMG_4966%201.jpg

Are they making to look like a Bowl? Thank you for posting! Another Question: Is Wood entering any Passing Tournaments? Gotta agree Bluedog2, I remember the Hillside was steep and got tired of climbing it in the 80's to catch the Bus to Vaca High...

Are they making to look like a Bowl? Thank you for posting! Another Question: Is Wood entering any Passing Tournaments? Gotta agree Bluedog2, I remember the Hillside was steep and got tired of climbing it in the 80's to catch the Bus to Vaca High...
ncscalfootball....Wildcatcoach21 can answer that, but I do believe he said that they were preparing for the up coming passing tournaments....The dirt that has been scraped from the hill sides has been moved to the south end of the field, it doesn't look like a bowl is in the making, just creating more space. There are about six pieces of heavy equipment that are tackling the work...

Thank you woodinsider! I saw this on the Reporter/DailyRepublic and understand that this may not final the final approved plans. I noticed that there is alot of space that can be used for more seating for fans if they relocate the "ADA Access/Egress" to the front of the Entrance by the Concessions/Entrance Building in front of the "Greek Theater Seating" is. Looks real nice. I wonder if they cud have built a "Band & Student Section" above the Building. Still nice though...most of all Wood finally getting their Stadium!

No passing tournaments just passing league for us this year, and as you can see not a bowl , like the old Memorial stadium. We will defiantly have a nice home for years to come .

wildcatoach21, wut passing leagues did they enter? I have a Big Feeling Wood may have a really, really Gud Year!

Surprised it is not at VCS or at Al Patch Field. Imagine if the School District cud have worked something out with Al Patch Park to utilize their Track & Field for High School and perhaps Wood cud have had a "Football Field" only....the Stadium wud be more larger...wut teams have entered Wood's Passing Tourney? Thanks Wildcatcoach21!

Last edited:
What took so long for this to take place? Just curious, .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT