ADVERTISEMENT

Wood @ River Valley

ncscalfootball

Hall of Famer
May 24, 2011
Wood Travels all the way up to Yuba City to face River Valley and their Wing T Offense & Coached by Dave Humphers (formerly of Nevada Union-Grass Valley), whom had a victory (42-27) over Consumnes Oaks-Elk Grove. River Valley had a Total Yards of 444 and Comsumnes Oaks had 207 Total Yards. Now that Wood's Qb from last year is out, it looks like Wood went with the running game against Concord for a 49-12 Victory. Wood has a committee of Rb's whom had a Total of 415 Rushing Yards. Most of them came from Daniel McFadden formerly of Vacaville Christian (whom no longer field a football team), with 294 Rushing Yards on 25 Carries. Wood only had 102 Passing Yards against a Concord team. Numbers that are way down from last year. Will Wood "Air" it out against River Valley or will they go and fight hard in the trenches against them? Interesting game here.

Last edited:
Reactions: wildcatcoach21
Wood Travels all the way up to Yuba City to face River Valley and their Wing T Offense & Coached by Dave Humphers (formerly of Nevada Union-Grass Valley), whom had a victory (42-27) over Consumnes Oaks-Elk Grove. River Valley had a Total Yards of 444 and Comsumnes Oaks had 207 Total Yards. Now that Wood's Qb from last year is out, it looks like Wood went with the running game against Concord for a 49-12 Victory. Wood has a committee of Rb's whom had a Total of 415 Rushing Yards. Most of them came from Daniel McFadden formerly of Vacaville Christian (whom no longer field a football team), with 294 Rushing Yards on 25 Carries. Wood only had 102 Passing Yards against a Concord team. Numbers that are way down from last year. Will Wood "Air" it out against River Valley or will they go and fight hard in the trenches against them? Interesting game here.

I think you could throw it succesfully against River Valley if you've got he right QB and receivers to do it. They are a tough quick group up there in Yuba City. But they aren't use to someone throwing the ball all over the field. My guess is that they would be stingy on the run as well. So, chuck the ball!

I think Concord runs the Spread (please correct me if I am wrong) too and that's why they did not throw the ball much since their former Qb is out. Have they met a team or is there a team in their league that runs the Spread? Hopefully some folks could chime in and provide more info. Thanks for the response

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT