ADVERTISEMENT

Wood & Vacaville Victory Cement Playoff Berths

woodinsider

Board Regular
Jan 11, 2013
With Wood owning the tie breaker against Vintage, Wood can do no worse than 2nd in the MEL which guarantees them a playoff berth. Winner of the Vacaville / Wood game takes league and plays up in DI and the loser DII.

I think Wood will be in DIII (they shoud have been in that division awhile ago)! DII is not an easy task either!

Here's how the rules read...Wood, Central Catholic and Del Oro are expressly named in that they cannot play any lower than DII regardless of their population.

78 teams will qualify for the playoffs. Those 78 teams will be divided into seven divisions. The three largest divisions (D1, D2 and D3) will have brackets of 16 teams each. The next three divisions (D4, D5 and D6) will have brackets of 8 teams each. D7 will have a six team bracket. The 16 schools with the largest enrollments will be Division I. The next 16 schools will be Division II. The next 16 schools will be Division III. The next 8 schools will be Division IV. The next 8 schools will be Division V. The next 8 schools will be Division VI. The smallest 6 schools will be in Division VII. * NOTE: St. Mary’s must be Division I. ** NOTE: Central Catholic, Del Oro, and Wood must be no lower than Division II. *** NOTE: Valley, Christian Brothers, Oakdale and Sacramento must be no lower than Division III. ***** NOTE: Bear River, Capital Christian, and Colfax must be no lower than Division V. ****** NOTE: Modesto Christian must be no lower than Division VI

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT