ADVERTISEMENT

WoodCreek Basketball Tickets - A Guide how to Give the middle finger to the public

131Pressman

Superstar
Dec 9, 2013
So Last Friday nights game against Capital Christian tickets were pre-sold at both campuses, by 6pm game-night there was a line to buy tickets at the gate. People stood in line up to an hour to be told the game is sold out, probably about 100 people were turned away not saying I have a beef with that, BUT PARENTS WHO PRE-BOUGHT TICKETS FROM CAPITAL WERE DENIED ENTRY AT GAME TIME, they were just offered refund. Too add more insult parents and students standing outside of gymniuism trying to view game thru window were TOLD BY WOODCREEK STAFF TO LEAVE CAMPUS OR COPS WOULD BE CALLED.
Fast forward to Tuesday night game, school announces over the weekend students can buy 1 ticket during school then tickets go for sale to public at 2pm, SO AT 2:30 WOODCREEK ANNOUNCES GAME IS SOLDOUT AND TICKETS WILL NOT BE SOLD AT GATE, MAYBE 30 PEOPLE WERE ABLE TO BUY TICKETS, EVEN IF EACH PERSON BOUGHT 3 TICKETS AND THEY GAVE DE LA SALLE 200-300 TICKETS SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT. I have never not gotten in a high school game that I have shown up an hour early too. So Woodcreeks solution is if you work 9-5, heck even 7-3 you can't go to the game???
On the opposite end of the spectrum I called De la salle spoke with a very nice lady who said they have lots of tickets and not much demand, I ordered my tickets and she next day expressed them to me, sad that a Woodcreek family (property tax, multiple school bond paying) is treated with such disrespect from their home school and has to get their tickets from the visiting team that's treats you with respect. Thank you De La Salle for treating people the right way.

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
All the more reason to move these Semi final Open games to a larger neutral site, and then more people would make the long drives to see more than 1 game.
Put this one and Sheldon-Mitty in one place and see how much more attendance they would get than both combined. I know they want to try to give the higher seeds a home court advantage, but they could really make this Open division into an event if they just planned it better. And really once you make the top 8 in NorCal, all the teams are really good at that point and plus the seeding is questionable or at least subjective in most cases anyway.

If you earn a top seed, you deserve the home court advantage; the Woodcreek student section has been in full force and Woodcreek hasn't lost a home game this year.

I've been to 3 Norcal games so far and all 3 have been average to slightly above average attendance. I think kiddman was saying the same thing about the Dublin game. I was at Sheldon vs Bellarmine on a Friday night and walked right in at 630. I have been rather disappointed by the crowds actually. Sounds like WC is the hot ticket. Go to the Mitty/Sheldon game down in EG. I bet you can walk in like I did. Pretty weak school spirit for such a big school.

Here's what it says on Woodcreek's home page:

Tickets are
SOLD OUT!
Tickets will NOT be sold at the door - we are sold out!

This morning, it had info as stated above about how to get tix, etc.
They darned well better honor my ticket that I bought today at DLS! I'll be there early to try and make sure...

But here's where it gets interesting...

Ticket Information for the Saturday, March 18th Game @ Santa Clara University at 8:00pm
will be posted here after 3:00pm on Friday, March 17th.

Um, ya know... Don't count your chickens before they're hatched, Woodcreek!

I'm sure they meant "pending the outcome" of the game tonight ticket info on Saturday's game. I doubt it was meant as any fuel for the opposing team.

As for the game DLS always amazes me. On paper they don't look like they can stay with WC but when the ball is tipped its an all out war and they will keep the game in the 40's. If they do that they always have a good chance.

NFHS.com has the Woodcreek-DLS game. They may still have a 9.95 per month sale, good for watching any live or on-demand game, as many as you wanna watch. Feed quality varies widely.

Meanwhile.... I am in theWoodcreek gym... Place is mostly full already. 36 min to tip

Nfhs is like crack for this hoops junkie... Many playoff games from many states and regions... Better have reeeeaaaaaaalllllly fast internet, tho

Just to give more middle finger.... 2 min to game time and at least 100 empty seats...
Maybe that's the common core math they are teaching our kids?? Half time still over Hundred seats left , more then a middle finger where I come from

At the half.... 24-20 Spartans!

Wolves look frustrated by the pace, definitely DLS's speed.

Wolves have cranked the defensive man-to-man halfcourt D and gotten a few TO's, but the Spartans are avoiding damage on the scoreboard.

Udenyi 3rd foul followed by a Hughes 3... 43-37, time out... gym is rockin

Time out Woodcreek after Spartans score and go full court press. 49-46.... Spartans steal!!! Time out Spartans down 3 8sec to go

Great game, I like Woodcreek's chances to make state championship. They are a balanced team that have all the pieces to play with anyone, that said De la Salle is fundamental Basketball heaven, it really is a pleasure to see them do all the little things correct on both ends of the court, if you saw both teams warming up you would think Woodcreek wins by more then 20. Props to both teams.

So Last Friday nights game against Capital Christian tickets were pre-sold at both campuses, by 6pm game-night there was a line to buy tickets at the gate. People stood in line up to an hour to be told the game is sold out, probably about 100 people were turned away not saying I have a beef with that, BUT PARENTS WHO PRE-BOUGHT TICKETS FROM CAPITAL WERE DENIED ENTRY AT GAME TIME, they were just offered refund. Too add more insult parents and students standing outside of gymniuism trying to view game thru window were TOLD BY WOODCREEK STAFF TO LEAVE CAMPUS OR COPS WOULD BE CALLED.
Fast forward to Tuesday night game, school announces over the weekend students can buy 1 ticket during school then tickets go for sale to public at 2pm, SO AT 2:30 WOODCREEK ANNOUNCES GAME IS SOLDOUT AND TICKETS WILL NOT BE SOLD AT GATE, MAYBE 30 PEOPLE WERE ABLE TO BUY TICKETS, EVEN IF EACH PERSON BOUGHT 3 TICKETS AND THEY GAVE DE LA SALLE 200-300 TICKETS SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT. I have never not gotten in a high school game that I have shown up an hour early too. So Woodcreeks solution is if you work 9-5, heck even 7-3 you can't go to the game???
On the opposite end of the spectrum I called De la salle spoke with a very nice lady who said they have lots of tickets and not much demand, I ordered my tickets and she next day expressed them to me, sad that a Woodcreek family (property tax, multiple school bond paying) is treated with such disrespect from their home school and has to get their tickets from the visiting team that's treats you with respect. Thank you De La Salle for treating people the right way.

131Pressman, you know I had a similar issue years ago but with a football game where I could not get tickets for a game from a school that was closer to me but had to call De La Salle. I called the school then the main office forwarded me to someone and guess who I got, defensive coordinator Terry Eidson, he arranged for me to pick up the tickets at the school, I just had to make the trip to DLS which was on the way to my sister's place. I never forgot that how nice they were and how they treated fans even from other schools when it came getting tickets. Class act they are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT