ADVERTISEMENT

Woodcreek wins thriller!!

Bob33

Sports Fanatic
Aug 26, 2001
Good crowd settling in at UOP. D1 girls looks like all St Mary's right now as they are up 15 in 4th. I will post updates if I remember. This should be fun.

Jordan brown 2 ticky tack fouls early.
Shelson sloppy early but settled down. If woodcreek continues to hit open 3's it will open up Jb.

18-12 woodcreek after 1.

Worse half of hoops in Browns career but give Sheldon credit. Brown 3 fouls and virtually non existent

27-24 Sheldon at half.

Roberts is best player on floor right now.

Sheldon ability to score in transition is amazing.

Reactions: 131Pressman
Jordan brown 4 fouls early 3. Really awful calls. (Both ways )
Too bad. I don't see woodcreek hangin now. Too much speed by Sheldon.

51-48 Sheldon after 3. Roberts going bananas.
Sheldon guards are tough.

Woodcreek with the ball was down 67-68 and Jordan Brown was fouled with 0.1 one tenth of a sec. on the game clock goes to the line in the double bonus and nails 2 free throws...
Man what a game!
the officiating was horrific then entire game and that last call was criminal....Sheldon got robbed

Robbed? Huh? Brown sat more than he played and missed at least 7 ft. He plays and WC wins by 10. Sheldon is great but very questionable shot selection.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
Robbed? Huh? Brown sat more than he played and missed at least 7 ft. He plays and WC wins by 10. Sheldon is great but very questionable shot selection.
As I said the officiating both ways was very bad...but to make that call with under a second is awful.

Just got back. Wow, what a game. Officiating wasn't good. I sat close to the floor and brown picked up 2 cheap ones early away from the ball. His 3rd foul where he was called for a charge was his only real foul of the night. The 4th on the contested 3 was a joke. So the reality is Sheldon should have closed out Woodcreek when Brown was on the bench. Gutsy performance by Roberts and crew. They could have caved in the 3rd when Sheldon got up by about 10.

Not sure why Sheldon shot so many contested long range J's. They got to the rim at will and finished all night. Anybody else feel that way? Great game by 2 very good teams.

And I thought officiating was bad last night at the dublin vs dela game tonight
was atrocious if they say it's supposed to be the best crews working these sectional
final games that is a joke. If there boss was present tonight I am sure there was one he'll of
A skull session after this game because those guys were bad. Not sure why sheldon
got away from attacking the paint but even in defeat I like those guys they play
hard and with some passion. The point gaurd from woodcreek is a damn good
player I was even more impressed with him then when I saw him up in gridley.
One thing I said earlier in the year brown is good no doubt a future pro but
HE IS NOT A PRO NOW and some of the foul calls he gets are insane
and the amount of steps he gets away with in the post really puts you at
a disadvantage if you can't touch him and he gets to travel in the post.

I partly agree with the "great game" takes... In reality, it was more like "An uneven and sloppy game that was further messed up by inconsistent refs" for the first three quarters followed by one of the greatest 4th quarters in recent memory.

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
It was a very "choppy" game early. Not a lot of flow. Way to many foul calls on both teams. Terrible call to end the game but how about 3 fouls on Brown that were a joke... The charge was his only foul IMO. So you put him on the bench half the game and build a 10 point lead but couldn't close it out?

Roberts was the best player on the floor. If I'm the coach of UOP or some other WCC school he should be getting an offer after that game and Jackson Hughes wasn't far behind. I thought Curry for sheldon played really well and there 6"10 big did a nice job inside bothering Brown.

2 of the best teams in Norcal played. No doubt.

The final play

What was so horrible about the fouls on Jordan. They were fouls. They talk about his 4 tho on contested 3 but same can be said about the desperation 3 attempt by Roberts that Duplechan got called for. That ignited a 9-0 run when Sheldon was up 10. Jordan got his 4th with Sheldon up 10. They didn't build the lead with him out. He by the way made 2 baskets all night. Sheldon starting post also got into foul trouble and he didn't play much.
Woodcreek got away with several travels the most obvious when Sheldon tried to pull away again Jackson Hughes caught the ball in middle between ft and 3 PT arc and took like 4 steps with no dribble.
Props to Woodcreek though they made 3 after 3 by several players while SHELDON couldn't muster more than 2. Those were from Curry off the bench
Hopefully Santa Clara University gets to witness rematch in couple weeks

A foul is a foul. Some are missed. Some are not. Anyone remember a few years ago the BOD vs Mater Dei state championship game? Same situation although Rabb only had to make one free throw. I remember him air balling the first one.

I don't believe in the swallow the whistle concept. People usually only believe in that when their team is ahead in the game.

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
What game were you watching.
1st foul on offense while he was posting #23 getting position.
2nd foul on offense (double foul on him and #23) away from the ball.
3rd foul offensive charge going to hoop. (legit)
4th foul contest a 3. Didn't touch the guy. I was sitting right at half court.

So you can complain about the call at the end of the game and woodcreek fans can complain that there all american got shafted which he did.

They went on that run with brown out and hats off to woodcreek for getting back into the game with brown out in the 3rd. No reason why Sheldon didn't close that game out then.

Brown played horrible but he made the 2 biggest shots of his life when it mattered. Sheldon has some great guards but it was Woodcreeks guards who were the best players last night.

Shot selection..... I scratch my head on all those J's you guys were jacking up from 20+. No need for that. Penetration and offensive rebounding is your best offense.

The final play

What was so horrible about the fouls on Jordan. They were fouls. They talk about his 4 tho on contested 3 but same can be said about the desperation 3 attempt by Roberts that Duplechan got called for. That ignited a 9-0 run when Sheldon was up 10. Jordan got his 4th with Sheldon up 10. They didn't build the lead with him out. He by the way made 2 baskets all night. Sheldon starting post also got into foul trouble and he didn't play much.
Woodcreek got away with several travels the most obvious when Sheldon tried to pull away again Jackson Hughes caught the ball in middle between ft and 3 PT arc and took like 4 steps with no dribble.
Props to Woodcreek though they made 3 after 3 by several players while SHELDON couldn't muster more than 2. Those were from Curry off the bench
Hopefully Santa Clara University gets to witness rematch in couple weeks
Wow. That is a terrible call. That shouldn't be called a foul at any point of a game.
Unless, it was some sort of make up call. Even that is stretching it

KD is scratching his head wondering why that wasn't a foul on Christmas against the Cavs.

Seriously, Jordan Brown looked to be more losing his feet than being fouled. There was body but I don't like the call.

I wanted Sheldon to win that game, however, that last call was clearly a foul at any point during the game. To say it wasn't a foul shows that you don't know much about basketball in SJS section. Historically, the officiating is soft in this section. The officiating last night wasn't good, and some bad calls were definitely made both ways. The last call was not one of them.

Everyone thinks they are Steph Curry now
The officiating crew that did the game last night are a pretty good trio. I would have warned both guys on the double foul instead of calling it. There was more contact in the CKM, SMS girls game before. The last 2 fouls were legit calls. As good as JB is he has some work to do. He caught the ball 20 times as the elbow last night and didn't shoot once. And he has to know against a great defensive team like Sheldon he will not be able to dribble from free throw line to the rim. He got frustrated and went away from his skill set which is elite. Hayes better pick up Roberts and #15 this morning and take them for steak and eggs. Huge game for them, especially when Sheldon looked to have the game clearly in hand. Sheldon will probably kick themselves a bit this morning, a couple of shots late cost them. They will make the adjustments. Will be interesting next couple of weeks. I thought the Timberwolves had more depth, they do not. Did Roberts get a break at all?

Yes robbed, officials were bad all night
I wanted Sheldon to win that game, however, that last call was clearly a foul at any point during the game. To say it wasn't a foul shows that you don't know much about basketball in SJS section. Historically, the officiating is soft in this section. The officiating last night wasn't good, and some bad calls were definitely made both ways. The last call was not one of them.
That was a bad call, I question u and what u were seeing? That should've of been a NO CALL!! That was text book defense, the game should've of gone to Sheldon!

Again, I've watched that las sequence 10 times this morning & I still don't see what 57-0 sees as a "legit call"?

And I thought officiating was bad last night at the dublin vs dela game tonight
was atrocious if they say it's supposed to be the best crews working these sectional
final games that is a joke. If there boss was present tonight I am sure there was one he'll of
A skull session after this game because those guys were bad. Not sure why sheldon
got away from attacking the paint but even in defeat I like those guys they play
hard and with some passion. The point gaurd from woodcreek is a damn good
player I was even more impressed with him then when I saw him up in gridley.
One thing I said earlier in the year brown is good no doubt a future pro but
HE IS NOT A PRO NOW and some of the foul calls he gets are insane
and the amount of steps he gets away with in the post really puts you at
a disadvantage if you can't touch him and he gets to travel in the post.
Jordan Brown is a great kid BUT why do we adults tell 15-16-17 yr olds they are future pros!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are all guilty of it but this messes up kids, how can't it????? Everybody look at McDonald's All-American game rosters (top 20 or so players in the nation) and see how many names you haven't heard of, about 50% of those kids that everyone told they were future pros since they were 14 don't make it!!!!!!!!!

Again, I've watched that las sequence 10 times this morning & I still don't see what 57-0 sees as a "legit call"?
Me too! Wondering if I need to go to the doctor and have him check my eyes.
He is standing straight up and JB tries to get around him. JB created the contact

All I see is a bunch of hate and what if's. The game is over. Refs we're questionable on both sides and that's just the kind of game that was brewing. Sheldon couldn't close it out and they lost that game.

Larry just because you sat front row center court doesn't make you the know all of basketball. Brown first foul was easily an offensive foul. Before that happened Sheldon starting post was already given 2 fouls. Refs warned Sheldon back up and Brown to cool it. So if your warned maybe follow direction. As far as Jacking up all those 20+ jumpers again your talking out your ass. I saw an official stat sheet and SHELDON only attempted 12 3's and made only 2. Woodcreek was 10-19 from 3. I can't remember ft but Woodcreek shot 30+ Ft and SHELDON 20 something. To many ft for a good flow either way.

A couple of thoughts;
1. These are playoff games of the best teams
2. The deeper you go in the rounds the competition increases
3. By the semifinal round the quality is almost equal and over 50% of the most competitive games are coming down to the final seconds
4. I can name several games in CCS, NCS and SJC by the eye test those teams are equal.

We can predict a winner but the game might not fall that way. We can rank teams but the higher ranking team might not win. At the end of the day a quality team will play though the adversity of bad ref calls. And lastly the Great team will either find separation before the final seconds or find a way to pull it out.
It seems like the winner of this game fought to the end and won. Next time the outcome might be different.
Play On

Yup, its Mr sheldon the team that can never do any wrong. What about Brown making those 2 FT's with .9 seconds on the clock after missing at least 6 or 7 during game... How many kids can step up and do that? Ice him with a TO and he sinks both. That was incredible. Give him some credit.

Like I said a lot of questionable shots. What about #5 LJ jacking up one late in the 4th from 20+? Why.. Run some clock. Mental mistakes kill a team especially against and elite competitor. All night WC coach was yelling 6 passes. Seems old fashion but it was tempo and sheldon's O is 75% transition.

If you watched the game that last play isn't why sheldon lost. Brown plays and hits FT's and does his normal stuff and WC wins by double figures.

Who knows what happens next time but these 2 teams look destined.

Heat only complains when his team loses and offers only excuses and no credit to the other team. If his team had won he would be crying for respect.

First off Folsom Bulldog any thing you say is irrelevant because you aren't a man of your word . You made a bet with Von60118 and lost. You are to be gone for a whole year. So get lost.Also if you read my first post I said Props to Woodcreek though they made 3 after 3 by several players. Nothing I posted was making excuses. While others point out the Jordan Foul calls I pointed to some the other way.

Larry again get your numbers right .1 not .9 just saying

And here's another one for the both of you . I posted the video so everyone could Debate not making an excuse. Was it a foul I SAY YES. Did it look like a little flop probably .

I had never seen the posted video until I saw you say it was posted. No comment on what I saw but the game by the score was extremely close so I take a quote from another Thread;

I love the way both these programs play. Really good HS basketball.... Its too bad anybody had to lose.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT