ADVERTISEMENT

Would Folsom .........

The Pittsburg schedule is already available on this site.

Didfeence would be DLS is a nationally known elite program. Teams line up to play them and want to get them on their schedule. Folsom is semi known on the national level, but has skeptics due to scheduling route they take.

Didfeence would be DLS is a nationally known elite program. Teams line up to play them and want to get them on their schedule. Folsom is semi known on the national level, but has skeptics due to scheduling route they take.
National level? They aren’t even complete sold as a state power if you ask so cal they barely respect De La Salle and the fact they haven’t lost to a nor cal team in 26 years is laughable to them. That streak alone is a black eye to nor cal football. We do have programs that can compete with so cal teams but it’ll have to be outside their respective top 10 and almost all their top teams play in 1 play off bracket...California is a Big state it should be north vs south preseason games

Reactions: bella123
http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/computer/boys/football/US/2017
Here is another computer poll from usa today. I do realize the human polls can be different. Opinions vs. Numbers. I prefer a little of both.

Interesting tidbit from this ranking article. It lists DLS and Folsoms SoS as much closer than cal preps.

Folsom: 45
DLS: 48

Thoughts?
As a whole, I would agree the 2 schedules averaged very similar. I feel the majority of Folsom's s schedule consisted of very good teams, where DLS had some elite, very good, good and than average, which when you average it all together the SOS numbers should be similar.

As for the Polls, that was why I mentioned the comp poll put together by Dallas Jackson, back when he ran the national rivals board. It used both human and computer polls to come up with a consensus top 25. I miss that poll

Last edited:
You see how we always have a hypothetical game between dls and Folsom whenever folsom runs the table lol is funny this years team were exactly the same as 2012-13 but they just had to play dls can we quit with this stuff like really dls looked bad against the best team in the nation who made everyone look bad folsom beat helix who’s not a top 10 so cal team before play offs eliminated teams. This my last post I don’t wanna get blocked for stating the obvious

Lotta blocking going on here lately!Check the national board with long time knowledge members from here looking for a new home and voicing their frustrations :D

Reactions: thekingera
Lotta blocking going on here lately!Check the national board with long time knowledge members from here looking for a new home and voicing their frustrations :D
You know it's funny, I see some posters complain that they've been warned, but I don't recall seeing post that could be considered offensive or rude, unless ive missed them. Stating an opinion that goes against the opinion of another should not be punished as long as it's kept clean. But than maybe I've missed questionable post. Personally I enjoy the discussion and giving my argument to someone whose opinion differs from my own. Im actually entertained by some of the post made by some that have been warned. Maybe I just have thicker skin than some ;)

Numerous times the project a match-up was used prior to a match-up between 2 schools and than when the actual match-up happens the tool is way off, so I tend not to pay any attention to any computer based predictions. Too many other factors involved. Sure its fun to look at, but to use that as evidence to support an opinion when the schools will never face each other is silly.

To say DLS declined for personal reason is not the same as saying they could not make the game happen due to their schedule not matching up. If someone had no idea of the reason why the game could not happen and only read what you wrote that would leave most to question that reason and wonder if they were actually ducking Folsom.
I'm sure DLS does not want to play Folsom in week 0, even if they had that week open. It could be too much for them to plan for, since they cannot practice much in pads to get ready for Folsom's offensive array of players. Week 3 or 4 would be the earliest DLS would ever want to play Folsom unless they had an outstanding team returning, especially with the team Folsom will have returning next season.

I'm sure DLS does not want to play Folsom in week 0, even if they had that week open. It could be too much for them to plan for, since they cannot practice much in pads to get ready for Folsom's offensive array of players. Week 3 or 4 would be the earliest DLS would ever want to play Folsom unless they had an outstanding team returning, especially with the team Folsom will have returning next season.

Generally the opinion is to get DLS early as they improve as the season progresses (although what good teams don't). But that is generally due to their offense and getting the veer down. Defense has always been way ahead of the offense. Although Folsom would most likely present some issues and would score I'm not sure it would be that huge deal. Not sure who DLS would have to slow down Ngata (nobody would shut him down), but I definitely think there is a edge in coaching to DLS (in game decisions and adjustments) and that is where they would have an advantage.

Reactions: nascar624
You know it's funny, I see some posters complain that they've been warned, but I don't recall seeing post that could be considered offensive or rude, unless ive missed them. Stating an opinion that goes against the opinion of another should not be punished as long as it's kept clean. But than maybe I've missed questionable post. Personally I enjoy the discussion and giving my argument to someone whose opinion differs from my own. Im actually entertained by some of the post made by some that have been warned. Maybe I just have thicker skin than some ;)

Maybe because of the season being over nobody has got banned yet but I know you’d get banned if you put folsom and recruits in the same sentence used in a negative manner the poster even made a separate thread calling the mod to ban because it’s a lot of negative talk towards folsom. But hey season over no need to talk about much now

Reactions: RidgeRider
Maybe because of the season being over nobody has got banned yet but I know you’d get banned if you put folsom and recruits in the same sentence used in a negative manner the poster even made a separate thread calling the mod to ban because it’s a lot of negative talk towards folsom. But hey season over no need to talk about much now
I don't it's anything negative about Folsom that gets anyone banned. I think when it becomes an obsession to comment negatively and create different handles to stir up trouble that gets one banned. There are at least 3 or 4 people that fall into that category.

Streak has a 3 strikes policy now that a handful of people couldn't adhere to. Some of the stuff i was seeing was super bizarre. Like super obsessions with programs.

Although Folsom would most likely present some issues and would score I'm not sure it would be that huge deal.
This may be true in most years. But not next. Folsom is loaded on both sides of the ball and is well equipped to handle anything DLS has or will have. Plus Folsom is battle tested experienced. But as I have said before, I don't think DLS is who they are worried about. This is no slight to DLS, but I think they want to prove themselves against someone in the south.

The veer is cool and all but I want to see two potent offenses with good defenses going at it. This is of course, from a fans perspective.

I do think it's a bit ludicrous that we have two great programs in the north and won't play eachother. Especially when one is a private and their success is a bit cyclical. Now would be the time for them to get it together and play.

Last edited:
This may be true in most years. But not next. Folsom is loaded on both sides of the ball and is well equipped to handle anything DLS has or will have. Plus Folsom is battle tested experienced. But as I have said before, I don't think DLS is who they are worried about. This is no slight to DLS, but I think they want to prove themselves against someone in the south.

The veer is cool and all but I want to see two potent offenses with good defenses going at it. This is of course, from a fans perspective.

I do think it's a bit ludicrous that we have two great programs in the north and won't play eachother. Especially when one is a private and their success is a bit cyclical. Now would be the time for them to get it together and play.
The haven’t lost to a nor cal team in 26 years including beating the best teams the sjs had to offer starting back when they dismantled a really good Nevada union team. The same “down” team we seen get embarrassed by md they ran through NorCal again pretty easy we know 1 thing about dls no matter what they put on the field rather it’s a talented team or not their only comp will come from the south or out of state. If they schedule like most of these teams do and not on an elite level we would be talking about dls on a 300 game win streak. 26 years is 26 years no program in nor cal should ever assume or even believe they are better than dls. Now your Del Oro team had its shot and failed Saint Mary’s has gotten the closest Jesuit and Folsom x2 all lost by a conservative 30 points. Two Ls from Bishop Gorman and Mater Dei doesn’t dethrone 26 years of dominance no team across the nation would go 2-0 against them two

The haven’t lost to a nor cal team in 26 years including beating the best teams the sjs had to offer starting back when they dismantled a really good Nevada union team. The same “down” team we seen get embarrassed by md they ran through NorCal again pretty easy we know 1 thing about dls no matter what they put on the field rather it’s a talented team or not their only comp will come from the south or out of state. If they schedule like most of these teams do and not on an elite level we would be talking about dls on a 300 game win streak. 26 years is 26 years no program in nor cal should ever assume or even believe they are better than dls. Now your Del Oro team had its shot and failed Saint Mary’s has gotten the closest Jesuit and Folsom x2 all lost by a conservative 30 points. Two Ls from Bishop Gorman and Mater Dei doesn’t dethrone 26 years of dominance no team across the nation would go 2-0 against them two
Winning streak this. Winning streak that. Nobody cares. Let's ensure the best play the best. This isn't WWF vs. WCW wrestling in the 80s and 90s! Let's play ball!

if Folsom wanted to, they could schedule anyone they want. Elite teams are always looking for teams to play. DLS probably calls them every year looking for a game.

if Folsom wanted to, they could schedule anyone they want. Elite teams are always looking for teams to play. DLS probably calls them every year looking for a game.
If you actually read this thread and weren't trolling, you would have read that Folsom offered up a game with DLS for week 0. DLS declined due to other commitments on their schedule. Not one team in the entire country can schedule games whenever they want, with who they want.

Try keeping it positive next time. I understand you are not a fan, but some of us are. Keep it positive for the hardworking kids that are working year round to accomplish the goal of obtaining a scholarship.

i know someone at DLS who says they call Folsom every year for a game and every year Folsom says no. sooooo ya

http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/computer/boys/football/US/2017
Here is another computer poll from usa today. I do realize the human polls can be different. Opinions vs. Numbers. I prefer a little of both.

Interesting tidbit from this ranking article. It lists DLS and Folsoms SoS as much closer than cal preps.

Folsom: 45
DLS: 48

Thoughts?
The SOS is easy...Look at when the computer ratings were done - it was prior to the final bowl games, which is why the average SoS seems closer. (FYI, USA Today uses Massey Computer ratings and MaxPreps uses Freeman/CalPreps.)
The USA Today "Expert" poll was done after bowl games and has DLS at #15 in nation, and Folsom unranked (only goes to the top 25).

The SOS is easy...Look at when the computer ratings were done - it was prior to the final bowl games, which is why the average SoS seems closer. (FYI, USA Today uses Massey Computer ratings and MaxPreps uses Freeman/CalPreps.)
The USA Today "Expert" poll was done after bowl games and has DLS at #15 in nation, and Folsom unranked (only goes to the top 25).
I like the many computer rankings better. Takes emotions and agendas off the table. Folsom is the number one team in NorCal even per the latest Freeman Rankings. I'll go with those!

Here's the top 20 final for NorCal:
1 Folsom
2 De La Salle
3 Serra
4 Pittsburg
5 St. Mary's
6 Oak Ridge
7 Granite Bay
8 St. Francis
9 Jesuit
10 Liberty
11 San Ramon Valley
12 Valley Christian
13 Manteca
14 Oakdale
15 Central Catholic
16 Del Campo
17 Clayton Valley Charter
18 Half Moon Bay
19 Vacaville
20 Milpitas

Go NorCal!

DLS does not need Folsom for prominence....DLS would have everything to lose and nothing to gain.......DLS is not climbing the ladder......Folsom on the other hand is trying to climb the ladder...has everything to gain and nothing if they lose....just an I told you so.....Folsom needs DLS but keep working and maybe you'll get there in another decade...

i know someone at DLS who says they call Folsom every year for a game and every year Folsom says no. sooooo ya

I'm gonna go ahead and call shenanigans on this. It's well known that Folsom reached out to DLS in 2014 but DLS rejected due to the belief that they'd meet up in the Open Regional. At the time, the CIF hadn't pulled the game yet. Ask @DLSPop1314, as he's echoed that version of the story numerous times.

Furthermore, your friend is essentially calling Kris Richardson and Bobby Fresques liars. They just went on record saying that their open dates don't matchup for another couple years.

Now, could DLS have called them in 2015, 2016, and 2017 and been told no? Possibly. I have no idea. But if they did call for each of the past 3 years, that certainly doesn't equate to 'every' year nor go back any further than 2015.

So it's either untrue or an extreme exaggeration of the truth.

Agreed, as Folsom does not need DLS either. Folsom is ranked above DLS. It would seem Folsom would have more to lose than DLS.

Meh

Not sure about being ranked above — in the national compilation poll, DLS is 16th and Folsom is 20th — that’s a dead heat among 14,000+ teams

I would contend that Folsommhas more to gain because
A). Until and unless they beat DLS, there will be doubters
B). DLS probably is going to get the benefit of the doubt until they get beat by a NorCal team

I don’t think Folsom has to schedule DLS, but they need to schedule up significantly as they’re wearing thin on lots of people that think they’re sliding by and it’s going to produce a more certain downside than any risk of those games brings

Meh

Not sure about being ranked above — in the national compilation poll, DLS is 16th and Folsom is 20th — that’s a dead heat among 14,000+ teams

I would contend that Folsommhas more to gain because
A). Until and unless they beat DLS, there will be doubters
B). DLS probably is going to get the benefit of the doubt until they get beat by a NorCal team

I don’t think Folsom has to schedule DLS, but they need to schedule up significantly as they’re wearing thin on lots of people that think they’re sliding by and it’s going to produce a more certain downside than any risk of those games brings
I disagree. Folsom has almost nothing to gain. There's no chance of them playing in a playoff match up. Even if Folsom wins, people are going to say "DLS was down!" "Folsom ducked DLS in other years!" If they lose.....well I'm sure we can both agree on that sediment. DLS has more to lose in the notion of the streak and also they're open bid to the #1 NorCal spot.

Folsom is better off scheduling a socal power. If they win and run the table, they're in. Even if they lose, if it's competitive, they have a legit shot at the open. DLS doesn't do much if anything for them. It's like WWF vs WCW wrestling in the 80s and 90s lol.

Despite all this- I would still love to see Folsom play DLS.

DLS does not need Folsom for prominence....DLS would have everything to lose and nothing to gain.......DLS is not climbing the ladder......Folsom on the other hand is trying to climb the ladder...has everything to gain and nothing if they lose....just an I told you so.....Folsom needs DLS but keep working and maybe you'll get there in another decade...

Pretty much. The unknown and unproven (Folsom) would need the household name program (DLS) other highly recognized program. That’s just common sense.

The unknown and unproven (Folsom)
If unknown and unproven is 3 state titles in 7 years, nationally ranked for nearly a decade, and more D1 signees than anyone, I can't imagine how unknown and unproven some of our other top NorCal schools are. Geez.

Tough barometer I guess. They need to step it up lol.

I will say this- due to the amount of college coaches attending weekly practices, Folsom is FAR from unknown lol. SJB doesn't call out unknowns on Twitter to take a week 0 game at their brand new stadium.

Food for thought i guess.

"98" Elk Grove team would've beat DLS but unfortunately the game never was played . It would've been a great game as I know both teams were outstanding.

As a whole, I would agree the 2 schedules averaged very similar. I feel the majority of Folsom's s schedule consisted of very good teams, where DLS had some elite, very good, good and than average, which when you average it all together the SOS numbers should be similar.

As for the Polls, that was why I mentioned the comp poll put together by Dallas Jackson, back when he ran the national rivals board. It used both human and computer polls to come up with a consensus top 25. I miss that poll
Is Dallas Jackson around anymore? I haven't seen anything about him since last year. Does he still have a forum he runs?

If unknown and unproven is 3 state titles in 7 years, nationally ranked for nearly a decade, and more D1 signees than anyone, I can't imagine how unknown and unproven some of our other top NorCal schools are. Geez.

Tough barometer I guess. They need to step it up lol.

I will say this- due to the amount of college coaches attending weekly practices, Folsom is FAR from unknown lol. SJB doesn't call out unknowns on Twitter to take a week 0 game at their brand new stadium.

Food for thought i guess.

My son in law coaches in Texas. He is aware of Folsom only bc he has been here. Everyone he coachs with in Texas knows who DLS is. NONE of them have ever heard of Folsom......household name I dont think so got a long way to go pal....

My son in law coaches in Texas. He is aware of Folsom only bc he has been here. Everyone he coachs with in Texas knows who DLS is. NONE of them have ever heard of Folsom......household name I dont think so got a long way to go pal....
In CA they absolutely are. Good enough for me.

Also Nick Saben is a fan. Pretty cool :)

I like the many computer rankings better. Takes emotions and agendas off the table. Folsom is the number one team in NorCal even per the latest Freeman Rankings. I'll go with those!

Go NorCal!
Of course you like the computer rankings. Who would not prefer a computer ranking when it has your team on top . And I will agree that with human polls, sometimes biased opinions could get in the way, but on the flip side, a computer just crunches numbers and doesn't take into account many factors, which is why often times computer based rankings are typically looked at as the most inaccurate.

For example, if you took off BG and MD from DLS' schedule and replaced them with two other very good teams that DLS won, tham they would not only be undefeated, but the numbers would crunch differently and could alter where DLS ends up in the rankings. The fact they lost both those games and lost bad can only hurt the computer based ranking, where human input can take that into consideration when doing a ranking.

Honestly, rankings are fun but can never answer the question of whose better if the schools don't play each other. Especially when the schools are ranked 1 and 2. Way to close to call.

So all we have are a number of opinions some are good educated opinions and some are blind opinions due to a disease known as homerism. Not saying the homerism opinions are wrong, just that they lack some of the neutral emotions needed to give an educated opinion.

Ex: You stated next year Folsom is well equipped to handle anything DLS has or will have. How can you possibly know what DLS is bringing to the table next season. I sure as heck don't know. I would feel confident in saying that 18 Folsom, based on what is coming back could handle anything DLS has on this year's team, but next year will be 18 DLS and since I'm not a DLS homer, I have no idea how talented they will be.

This is a vicious cycle with no answer unless they play or if DLS is clearly down next year, but if they run the table next year, will be right back in this place wondering who would win.

Is Dallas Jackson around anymore? I haven't seen anything about him since last year. Does he still have a forum he runs?
I think he's done with football. If he does run anything hs football related than I am unaware.

Do you know if anyone else puts together a compilation poll? That poll is usually a good tool to end arguments since its a concensous ranking rather accurate or not

Of course you like the computer rankings. Who would not prefer a computer ranking when it has your team on top . And I will agree that with human polls, sometimes biased opinions could get in the way, but on the flip side, a computer just crunches numbers and doesn't take into account many factors, which is why often times computer based rankings are typically looked at as the most inaccurate.

For example, if you took off BG and MD from DLS' schedule and replaced them with two other very good teams that DLS won, tham they would not only be undefeated, but the numbers would crunch differently and could alter where DLS ends up in the rankings. The fact they lost both those games and lost bad can only hurt the computer based ranking, where human input can take that into consideration when doing a ranking.

Honestly, rankings are fun but can never answer the question of whose better if the schools don't play each other. Especially when the schools are ranked 1 and 2. Way to close to call.

So all we have are a number of opinions some are good educated opinions and some are blind opinions due to a disease known as homerism. Not saying the homerism opinions are wrong, just that they lack some of the neutral emotions needed to give an educated opinion.

Ex: You stated next year Folsom is well equipped to handle anything DLS has or will have. How can you possibly know what DLS is bringing to the table next season. I sure as heck don't know. I would feel confident in saying that 18 Folsom, based on what is coming back could handle anything DLS has on this year's team, but next year will be 18 DLS and since I'm not a DLS homer, I have no idea how talented they will be.

This is a vicious cycle with no answer unless they play or if DLS is clearly down next year, but if they run the table next year, will be right back in this place wondering who would win.
Maybe DLS should drop their week 0 opponent and take Folsom? This is the chance.

I don't know what DLS brings to the table next year. I'm only going off what I've read on here. It seems like they win be similar to this past season. Someone cam correct me if course. Based in this, with what Folsom has returning, I believe Folsom would be the favorite and could win. Could they also lose? Absolutely. But still fun. I would love for it to happen.

Go NorCal!

New to this board ,but have to put in my two cents. Folsom came into The Corral Oakdale is by enrollment a D4 team . A public school. As far as Folsom's defense Oakdale put over 500 yards. So me not being a DLS homer have to say while Folsom is a very good team. But to say Folsom would shut down DLS is questionable. But that's just on man's opinion.

Oakdale's Frosh team is undefeated and varsity stampeed just won the Super Bowl. Cant wait to watch them at the Varsity level!

The haven’t lost to a nor cal team in 26 years including beating the best teams the sjs had to offer starting back when they dismantled a really good Nevada union team.

Not exactly true.

The Nevada Union teams DLS faced in 1997 and 1998 were among the worst they produced over a 20-yr span.
The 1997 team was 6-5 and a 1st round playoff loser. The 1998 team was 5-4-1 and missed the postseason. Neither was anything close to the best the SJS had to offer.

DLS is 28-0 against the SJS during the Lad/Alumbaugh eras. The most accomplished teams DLS ever faced from the SJS are as follows:
  • 1992 Merced: 10-4; D1 runner up
  • 1994 St. Mary's: 11-2; D1 Semi Finalist
  • 2010 St. Mary's: 11-2; D2 Semi FInalist
  • 2012 Folsom: 14-1; D2 Champ; Regional Open Finalist
  • 2013 Del Oro: 13-3; D1 NorCal Champ; D1 State Finalist
  • 2013 Folsom: 14-1; D1 Champ; Regional Open Finalist
  • 2015 Del Oro: 10-6; D2 II AA State Champ
28 games and only 5 against a team that appeared in or won a section title. Aside from the 2 St. Mary's teams that reached the semi's, the rest were non-playoff or early round losers.

The truth is DLS has rarely faced good SJS teams and have only beaten 7 that could be remotely considered among the best the section had to offer during the respective season. 5 of the 7 have occurred in the past 7 years.

DLS didn't face a SJS program for 11 consecutive seasons from 1999 through 2009.

Last edited:
Not exactly true.

The Nevada Union teams DLS faced in 1997 and 1998 were among the worst they produced over a 20-yr span.
The 1997 team was 6-5 and a 1st round playoff loser. The 1998 team was 5-4-1 and missed the postseason. Neither was anything close to the best the SJS had to offer.

DLS is 28-0 against the SJS during the Lad/Alumbaugh eras. The most accomplished teams DLS ever faced from the SJS are as follows:
  • 1992 Merced: 10-4; D1 runner up
  • 1994 St. Mary's: 11-2; D1 Semi Finalist
  • 2010 St. Mary's: 11-2; D2 Semi FInalist
  • 2012 Folsom: 14-1; D2 Champ; Regional Open Finalist
  • 2013 Del Oro: 13-3; D1 NorCal Champ; D1 State Finalist
  • 2013 Folsom: 14-1; D1 Champ; Regional Open Finalist
  • 2015 Del Oro: 10-6; D2 II AA State Champ
28 games and only 5 against a team that appeared in or won a section title. Aside from the 2 St. Mary's teams that reached the semi's, the rest were non-playoff or early round losers.

The truth is DLS has rarely faced good SJS teams and have only beaten 7 that could be remotely considered among the best the section had to offer during the respective season. 5 of the 7 have occurred in the past 7 years.

DLS didn't face a SJS program for 11 consecutive seasons from 1999 through 2009.

All the more reason to get rid of the "Folsom Rule". DLS does play the best that NCS has to offer every year, but they are situated right in the middle of the top 2 NCS leagues and most of their players live in the BVAL and EBAL areas. Thus, for every star player from those areas that attend DLS, it weakens the very teams they play such as Pitt, Antioch, Freedom, SRV, Cal & MV. The same thing occurs in the WCAL as the public schools got weak as the WCAL became athletic magnets.

Reactions: ThunderRam
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT