ADVERTISEMENT

WOW WOW ST MARY'S WHAT IS THIS ABOUT ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW

kbrizzzel------- I could write a theses on Kampernick. My remark was just a fraction of my perspective. Just because someone doesn't agree with your world perspective ( what ever that might be ) does not mean they need education in cultural sensitivity. You don't know me from Adam yet you come to that sort of conclusion. That says more about you. You wouldn't like to get in a discussion with me about perspective because I treat everyone the same irregardless of their culture, ethnicity or race. If you don't well that make you the racist. I never held to the concept promoted in the 60's that racism is just a one way street.

Willtalk

Everyone can see the whole chat on its on twitter. You always come to try to save the day but someone tells me that your are a parent of a SMS player or former player. But all you are doing right now is help the cause for people to learn to see whats in the dark always comes to the light eventually!!!!! Like Kkross said all he had to do was apologize on tweet it would have been done. But we all know thats not going to happen so be it. No cut a pasted. All I can say so birds fly together must flock together cut and pasted that!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Bulldogmgc,

Like I expressed, I saw the whole Twitter exchange as it transpired on Monday night.
For me, there's no "hate intent bashing" of Tom. I do not hate Tom. But I do not agree and was rather bothered with this specific exchange on Twitter. I NEVER called Tom a racist. What I said was he posted some RACIALLY INSENSITIVE comments on Twitter.
My feelings about this issue are SINCERE. I know for sure there were some children (players) who saw the postings and were also bothered. But I guess since we're talking about Tom, no one is supposed to express their true feelings.
And honestly, if I wanted this to be about an attack on Tom, I would have posted it on here myself. I knew about the posts well before it was posted. I only felt compelled to respond to the post when I saw people posting who didn't even know the truth of what actually happened and was given what I felt false information.
My thoughts, it's only being downplayed because it is Tom. But what cannot be downplayed and dismissed is people's authentic feelings.
Instead of making excuses, trying to explain away actions, or create diversions to take attention away from one's actions, which may have caused another person or group of people hurt feelings, why not just apologize?
I tell my kids all the time, you can't explain away another person's feelings. And maybe some time you don't know exactly what you did to hurt them. But if someone expresses to you that you may have caused them some pain, hurt feelings, or offended them, nothing's wrong with first listening to what they have to say and then apologizing. You can try to make sense of it all later.

Last edited:
kkross22- ???????? I do not understand why you thought I was coming at you by anything I stated in my post. I truly believe you should know that Passionate Dad isn't Tom. I have been following this site for many years although I only started posting two years ago. There have been many times when he posted things that were incorrect as well as not knowing things that Tom would surely know. That among other things make me sure it's not Tom. I have a good memory to remember past posts with which to analyse and come to these conclusions. Although Passionate Dad has not posted as much recently as he had in the past which was probable before you followed this site. Which in retrospect might explain why you believed what you do.

As to my treating you differently if you were a single women as opposed to one with a husband, I can not see where that would really matter. I think the essence of respect is to be honest and frank with everyone. My comment about knowing who I was, was more for the benefit of the other poster who also implied that I might be Tom. I did write you a PM with a question before I even read your last post.

Willtalk,

When posting/ texting/ emailing, anything outside of having an actual conversation with a live person, tone can sometimes be misconstrued. I think I may have taken what you said and how you were saying it wrong. For that, I apologize.

I stick to my thought that Passionatedad is Tom. He has said stuff on here directly to and about me and my kid, going back years, which is almost identical things he has said to me, which led me to come to that conclusion. It's ok that we have different opinions on that.

Sorry, there's no excuse for that racist re-tweet, the same as there was no excuse when he rudely and offensively called some 14-17 year old Black girls ghetto idiots in a text message last year in Phoenix. What would most of you do if it were your kid who was called that? I doubt any of you would be happy about it. I sure in the hell wasn't, neither was my kid and her teammates and their respective parents. It was way out of line. He never apologized either.

Yall made excuses and gave him a pass then, and attempting to do the same now. Only difference is this time he did it on Twitter as opposed to text and the whole world can see it for what it is. There is no one for him to blame except himself. And perception is everything. This we all know. No need for me to argue this further. And if you think this is bad you should see the storm thats brewing in Facebook, Twitter, etc. It aint good. Stop making excuse and covering for him. You want to help him? You want to do whats right? Hold his a$$ accountable, otherwise miss me with anything else yall trying to talk about.

You ladies and gentlemen have a wonderful day and remainder of your week.

Say it, forget it
Write it, regret it!!

Most true African-American parents coaches and players would never put up with name call or Confederate flag comment. But these days some African-American will take it these days but not because they have to but they want too. But the world is each to it own. If does remember the old LA Clippers own had to sale his team because a comment he made. So no one is untouchable!!!!!!!!!

RespectBBGame, couldn't agree with you more!! No one of color, especially African American, true or not (whatever that is) should accept the level of blatant bigotry or racism this man has spouted off since last December regardless of how small or minute its perceived to be. Its a disservice to the players, parents and community to even assume that anyone would be ok with such behavior. He's supposed to be setting the example, especially since he is helping to mold these children into adults. Regardless of what we think, they're watching.

The parents associated to his program must realize that he needs them to be successful and not vice versa. They are 100% in control and have the power. To state it frankly, this should not be tolerated, period. The defense and acceptance of this is unbelievable, but you're right to each his own. His supporters/flunkies have blamed everyone but him. Someone even mentioned leftist media, and the greatest apologist ever, Ben Carson (Trump's unapologetic flunky), but not one time even been close to acknowledging him as the problem. Straight up, Tom Gonsalves was wrong, numerous times, period. Yet, no humbleness or accountability. Well, how do you handle the chickens when they come home to roost?

BTW, don't be fooled, passionatedad is Tom. Don't know too many people who would know and post, Tom's father being shot in a war, his Black friend of 29 years, the twitter friend as his cousin, and mention him being the winningest coach in state history, as if anyone cared. But whatever, dude. If you have to convince yourself that the lie is real, so be it. He's hella plastic for that one!!

Every tweet, every e-mail, every Internet post, can and will be used for and against you.

You must assume that anything electronic will be forwarded to your enemies to use as they see fit. Tom has enemies; most of us do not arouse that level of dislike and thus are somewhat protected from emotional responses such as this.

I don’t know Tom well enough to know where he stands on this issue, but he’s coached so many elite African American girls who have wound up with scholarships and professional careers that I think an accusation of blatant racism is unfounded.

But as mentioned above, perception is everything, and this just doesn’t look good.

kkoss22- No problem! That seems to be a common problem that most posters have in respects to RtG threads and posts. He is very adept at recognizing and pushing peoples buttons to get his desired response. Once emotional buttons are pushed, clarity and objectivity are certain to take a hit.

While I speak to a lot of parents I usually hold what I hear in confidence. The same goes to information that I get from people in the know. I will usually only try to mitigate misunderstandings as I did the season before last. but in a way that keeps every ones confidence. I really would like to take the opportunity to talk to you.

I do remember Passionate Dads posts that you were referring too. I remember quite a bit. And As I said I consider all posts in respect to any conclusions I might draw.

To African American the confederate flag represents racism especially when it is being saluted in parts of the county such as the west coast, mid west and east coast, places where it is not a part of a so called tradition or a culture. Anytime I see the confederate flag it instantly brings on anger and if white Americans OR any American cannot understand that than they are either racist or ignorant and it is pointless to try to explain it to them.
This is a very rational post that gets right at the issue. I think most people will totally agree with your take, especially since you are not making a blanket statement and leave wiggle room for intent. The issue in this case is not whether they confederate flag represents racism and slavery to a large portion of the population but if someone tweets or retweets a post with a such a flag it implies that person is a racist with out considering the context. The context was obviously to make a comparison that a flag is not just a piece of cloth but has a meaning to a large number of people. What he was saying was that flying the confederate flag did have a negative meaning and that should be respected by people. Just like the American flag has a very positive meaning for a vast number of people and thus that also should be respected in that vain.

He was actually promoting sensitivity in respect to the African American community. Now I that should be obvious to anyone that is not hindered either by an intense emotional reaction or a premeditate agenda to distort in order to create an incident where there is none. Perceptions can be distorted. Truth matters not perception.

I also made a statement that was not responded too yet. Does the fact that it was Respect the Game who posted a confederate flag on this site make him an insensitive racist who needs to apologize. If Gonzalves, who re-tweeted a picture of a confederate flag which was in context of how important it is to consider the meaning of symbols to other people is held accountable for re-tweeting a forbidden symbol then every text book and movie that includes it should have the flag removed. People should not apologize for other peoples inability to put things into the proper context.

Willtalk
How ways are your going to try to spend the truth. I counted 3 times since this post been up. I have some words that I would like to say but won't. But like I said before BIRDS THAT FLY TOGETHER FLOCK TOGETHER!!!!!!!!

"Promoting sensitivity in respect to the African American community"...You can't be serious. Is that the new spin? Every Black person I know who is aware of this is infuriated by his tweet. Whats next, burning a cross at a game? Donning a sheet with a hood during MLK challenge all to "promote sensitivity"

Lets see his past actions:
This week: a confederate flag toward a poster who disrespected American flag. She happened to be Black
Last December: ghetto idiots towards young Black ladies
Some years ago: called an Asian coach a monkey, which is a derogatory term for an Asian or Black person (oh yeah, forgot about that one, we didn't)!!

Veiled pattern of bigoted actions. Only those with interest in St. Mary's thinks its cool.

Now he's promoting sensitivity, through brutal expressionism. wow!! Alrighty then

The truth: Wins over character and morals. Its not even funny, its embarrassing.

Kbrizzel-The way you distorted the issue in respect to the twitter issue removes all credibility towards you in my eyes. Anyone can say anything and make any sort of accusation over the net. I always try to keep an open mind but really! I personality do not follow twitter but l will take bulldogs version of what was tweeted. For one I know about Respect via his last tweets and as to you you version of the tweet makes no sense to any reasonable person. You would have flourished during the inquisitions,witch trials or hunt for communists during the early fifties,

My opinion, people are always going to look at things the way they want to. Nobody truly knows the real intent/motive of another's actions or what it is they truly meant by something they said and/or post on social media. To say someone is putting a spin on something, to say you will take the opinion of one person over another, is basically choosing a side. Not because the other person is right, but because their version clearly falls under what you so want to believe, even if it isn't true/right.
There's a clear divide on here. Man, who am I fooling? There's a clear divide in the world, which is exactly why this whole post exist.
If everybody just took a step back for a minute, took themselves, and their own selfish motives out of it, one would see that this is bigger than Tom, it's bigger than basketball, it's bigger than the Twitter exchange, it's wayyyyyy bigger than this NCP post.
Being a Black woman, with a Black husband, with Black children, a Black son, my only Son, who I might add is a MARINE, fighting for this country, putting his life on the line EVERYDAY, for all of US, this post makes me sick to my stomach.
Many of you guys could care less about the real issue, would rather try to shift the focus on others.
The bottom line is, someone who just so happens to be one of the winningest coaches in CA's history, a coach with minority players on his team, a teacher, someone who many look to as a role model, who just so happens to have enemies (not my words) made racially insensitive comments on Twitter, for ALL to see and interpret. He could have chose not to engage in the conversation, not retweet the confederate flag, but he did.
Some may say, mostly those who are not part of the Black community, that it's no big deal because really it's not to them, cause it does not affect them, that people are reading wayyy too much into it, that he's being singled out. And maybe some people are singling him out.
But from talking to people about the issue, there are a lot of people who feel like me, who are outraged about it. But because they feel like nothing will ever come of it, they have chosen to leave it alone, remain silent, let it go, to not speak out.
And maybe I should have, because if I had been honest with myself, I would have known those people are right, and would have not wasted my time responding to this post, knowing damn well, most of you could care less.

Last edited:
And so some of you can try to see where I am coming from, not as "disgruntled parent" who CHOSE to transfer their kid out of SM, but as "disgruntled parent" of a young Black man, who despite being a MARINE, putting his life on the line for this country, when he's not on base, not in uniform (wearing his civilian clothes), he is stereotyped, looked at as being a threat, profiled and targeted because of the color of his skin. This is REAL to us.
My feelings are REAL (sincere). And my stance against someone, ANYONE making racially insensitive comments on social media about not respecting Kaepernick because of his stance, which I feel relates to my Son, as a Black man (cause to most that's all he is), about how if you don't like the way you're treated you can leave, go elsewhere, to another country, which in my eyes is the equivalent to saying go back to Africa, and then retweets the confederate flag, (I don't care about the context) is definitely REAL. And you're damn right I have an issue with it, not because it's Tom, but because it's offensive to me!

Last edited:
First off lets call it what it is. America is far from perfect. I have a problem with the limited statement "God bless America" God, aka our creator, is inclusive of "all good" people.

Why not.... "God bless the human race" or "God bless the world" or "God bless all nations"?

I also have an issue with "Black Lives Matter" Though I clearly can relate to the statement. The truth is..... some can't stand black folks and others are intimidated by black folks. For whatever ignorant, or hateful reasons they have. So.........

I think "All lives matter" (which includes black lives) is more appropriate and harder to deny.

Next as I have said in a previous post there are at least 3 different experiences living in America. To understand any of them you must walk at least a mile in their shoes.

1 Having the American experience as a white person.
2.Having the experience as a non white and non black person.
3. Having the experience as a black or person of darker perception.

I think it is fair to say black folks have served America well, and continues to serve America well. Black folks have served on the front lines of every American war. And come home after serving to continue to enjoy second class citizen privileges. And we know the many other sacrifices black folks have made before and after their civil rights were even considered.

Colin Kapernick has as much a right to express his first amendment right as the KKK, Neo Nazi, Arian Nation, and thousands of other hate groups that have enjoyed those rights under the protection of our U.S.Government. The difference is we all know what Kapernick's peaceful intentions were. Just as we know what the racist hate groups intentions are.

However our government has allowed far too many of these hateful racist groups to infiltrate every branch of our government. That is why we have corrupt politicians and corrupt police officers. We the people have to hold hateful and corrupt folks no matter the color or authority level accountable. How else will they be weeded out? They don't have the courage and decency to tell on one another. Too busy upholding their unwritten code of silence.

We all know that this very same government will use any means necessary if it feels a black group or individual is trying to assemble peacefully to serve and protect it's own people (As the Original Black Panther party, Malcom, Martin, Marcus, Ali, Kaepernick, 2pac, and many others set out to do) Our government will infiltrate, kill, and wipe that individual or group out. So why does this very same government allow other hateful groups to exist and to breed the hate?

So we can not be surprised when Kapernick or anyone else who goes against injustice to have the media deflect the focus away from the reason for the act, and re-direct it toward some patriotic at all cost nonsense. Everything America has done under the name of that flag has not always been something to be proud of. And the voices and rights of all people should be heard and included. Because it is the people who made the flag not the other way around. The flag should bow down to the people when the people are not living up to the constitution and intentions of those that made and continue to make us proud of the flag and its people in the first place.

We are a very divided people. And we need to wipe the hate out to be able to come together.
And that calls for justice for all. And not being tolerant of hate, while holding everyone accountable.

Last edited:
Reactions: kkross22
Paytc

Love what your had to say. Some people will never get it and never will even even though they are part of African American community. But like the back in the day of the Confederate flag you had to different types of Africans. You had the house Africans and then your workers of slavery. The house Africans always agree with their owns even they know they was dead wrong. They would follow them to end even though ancestors was being hurt. That was ok with them because it didn't effect them.

Thus at the end of the day if your are African American you know there was separation during the Confederate Flag Day. Why support it now when your have a choice to make the decisions? Don't become one of the house Africans in today's world because that what most true African-American are stick together against the wrong that can't be made right!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Paytc
It amazes me that any American, regardless of skin color, eye color, hair color or tattoo color, can think that African-Americans are not discriminated against by police around the country. Yet another unarmed black man was killed yesterday, this time with his hands up, and it should be clear to all that this has been going on since this country was founded.

The Confederate flag is a symbol of the mindset that still flourishes in way too many people around the country, and is a symptom of a deeply rooted disorder in our society. It also has other meanings for some people, but in this time and place, its implicit endorsement of racism has overshadowed those meanings, innocent or otherwise -- and given that, it should, I feel, be retired from public view for at least the near future.

Reactions: Paytc and kkross22
Paytc

Love what your had to say. Some people will never get it and never will even even though they are part of African American community. But like the back in the day of the Confederate flag you had to different types of Africans. You had the house Africans and then your workers of slavery. The house Africans always agree with their owns even they know they was dead wrong. They would follow them to end even though ancestors was being hurt. That was ok with them because it didn't effect them.

Thus at the end of the day if your are African American you know there was separation during the Confederate Flag Day. Why support it now when your have a choice to make the decisions? Don't become one of the house Africans in today's world because that what most true African-American are stick together against the wrong that can't be made right!!!!

RespectBBGame,

It runs much deeper than that. First off the dream of having 100% unity among folks of color without divine intervention is not even close to realistic. White folks are winning in this man eat man human rat race, and their not even 100 % unified.

Next it's not just the fact that black folks and all folks of color,or for that matter ( all good folks regardless of color) are not united against this intentional oppression, but then add every other race on the planet that takes sides with the oppressor which adds to the oppression. It's obvious they want to win at the cost of others too. By any means necessary. Can't beat em join em. And hopefully go to hell with them.

I'm presently dealing with a non black and non white culture I will say no name other than they have not been in the U.S. for the most part very long in significant numbers. But during peaceful discussions, I notice a few siding with the racist in the media that portray the black victims as dangerous animals that have to be shot first and ask questions later because they are all very dangerous capable criminals you can't trust. Especially the darkest ones, boy are they all dangerous. As I have said, the only way to know what it is like is to trade shoes. Many don't have a clue how it feels to be hunted and hated. Or to be mistaken for something or someone you re not. Or to feel threatened by those you pay to serve and protect you. To not want to get pulled over on a routine traffic stop because it could end your life.

I guarantee you if the roles were reversed and black officers were killing un armed white children, white men, or even dogs, the punishment would come swift and hard to stop it in it's tracks. And these racist who run the main stream media would be saying how horrible,corrupt, trigger happy, racist, and irresponsible the black cops were. But will the racist in charge from high places in our government to the main stream media do the right thing.........?

I highly doubt it. It has been this way too long, so why expect it to change now?

You know the saying, black folks just want a handout. Their all free loaders on welfare. They complain for nothing all the time. After all their all lazy, thugs and criminals who deserve to get shot and/ or locked up. And those who don't like it should get out of their own country. Their racism is so brash, arrogant, and reckless they don't even always realize it. It's that conditioned in to the core of these haters. Like I said the divide is wide. And in the United States hate is prioritized over justice, love and equality. But sure we should all ignore the facts and bow down to a flag and a questionable song like everything is perfectly all right. Oh.... I forgot, for some it is perfectly alright. Racist and insensitive folks are all the same to me.

Last edited:
Clay

The Confederate flag needs to put to rest forever ever like German Nazi flag because these flag means the same thing in many ways. This was to happen in Jewish community they would all stick together and do what they have to make thinks right just like the Holocaust victims people where paid for years for their pain in history. If this was a question of the Nazi it would have been a done deal in many eyes. What is the difference between the flags???? They both about separation!!!! The only difference one is about one racelse and other is about two different races. I just don't understand the African American community can be so separate on issue of hatred on their own race. That bothers me very much just like most African Americans and their heritage. There are many African Americans turning over in their grave right now!!!!!!!!

Clay

The Confederate flag needs to put to rest forever ever like German Nazi flag because these flag means the same thing in many ways. This was to happen in Jewish community they would all stick together and do what they have to make thinks right just like the Holocaust victims people where paid for years for their pain in history. If this was a question of the Nazi it would have been a done deal in many eyes. What is the difference between the flags???? They both about separation!!!! The only difference one is about one racelse and other is about two different races. I just don't understand the African American community can be so separate on issue of hatred on their own race. That bothers me very much just like most African Americans and their heritage. There are many African Americans turning over in their grave right now!!!!!!!!

RespectBBGame,

The issue has to do with misinformation, and a lost, or should I say stolen identity. It is not about how lost or separated most black folks are. Its the fact that every other culture and race that has been wronged have (as you mentioned) been paid back for their hardships and injustice. Everyone else has an economic base and receive fair treatment under America's tax and justice system. But instead of doing the right thing to some what level the field, racist deflect the focus, and find ways to blame the victim. And they say help yourself but as soon as Kaepernick or anyone takes a stand to help there is a problem with that? It's like someone sees the action step taken may result in attracting attention of folks who may actually rally together to offer to help. And of course that would be seen as a problem because the privileged need a second class group to remain privileged. But if anyone can handle it we've shown we can despite the hate. The answer is to empower those that want to help you, not aid those who benefit from the oppression. Hey the U.S. was founded upon lies, hate, and violence. Like it or not it's not easy to change your DNA.

Paytc

Last edited:
Paytc
This what I have a problem with if a African-American was to put a Black Panther flag he would have been fired by the time he showed up to the school even if he was a winning coach. But if another coach calls young African ladies " ghetto idiots"., another coach a " monkey " and says that the Confederate flag is only a cloth. Does everyone notice that the all are some type of slurs about African American. The cover of the book might say something else but when you read tells the true story.

Paytc
This what I have a problem with if a African-American was to put a Black Panther flag he would have been fired by the time he showed up to the school even if he was a winning coach. But if another coach calls young African ladies " ghetto idiots"., another coach a " monkey " and says that the Confederate flag is only a cloth. Does everyone notice that the all are some type of slurs about African American. The cover of the book might say something else but when you read tells the true story.

The sad part about the Original Black Panther Party ( not the so call Black Panther Party of today) was that organization was formed to create economic, social, and political equality across gender and color lines. To serve and protect those who were being left out or mis treated by those who were supposed to serve and protect them. They provided meals and wheels, security,education, etc..... to an impoverished community. We still need that today and waiting on whoever is elected black, white, women, or man, I don't think will be the answer unless hate and racism is wiped out (and replaced with justice). But the Image our government and its allies in the mainstream media present (today and then whenever black folks speak out) is an ungrateful individual or group of violent militant criminals. So violent that our government infiltrated and wiped them out. Even though it was never the Black Panther parties intent to harm or attack ( unless attacked) any other race or act out in racially motivated violent ways. Second class citizens must constantly be reminded of their place no matter the level of success or money they have. Because after all their black, not white, so how could they ever be right? As if..... you are fortunate enough to be doing well, you have no reason to be concerned that others are not?

Then you take the hundreds and thousands of racist hate groups that our government should wipe out and this very same government allows them to flourish and breed in the name of God, America, The Constitution, The flag, Fox, KKK, Neo Nazi, corrupt police, The White House, or whatever other shield they need to cover up, breed, or permit the hate.

When will our government aim it's focus at wiping out hate and modern day eugenics, instead of allowing it to breed just as long as hate isn't aimed at the folks with the complexion for protection? I think that is the most significant question that our candidates should be talking about. But even Obama wasn't going to touch one of the main pillars that has formed the foundation in which holds our government's paradigm together. Because unless we have divine intervention we the people will have to work at wiping hate out. Our government sees no hate ( only mental illness) unless it is aimed at white America or one of its government buildings. Then it becomes an act of terrorism and hate and will not be tolerated. SMH

Last edited:
Paytc
The question will there be any protest at the MLK tournament to put the school on notice. Like to there will be protest for another innocent black African American shot by a cop. This is a terrible outlook on this country the let the cop out on $50000 bail for shooting and innocent man. This why the keep kill innocent men that has their hands up in the air all the get is a slap on the wrist. Just like African Americans in the basketball world let someone call their daughter ghetto idiot, another coach a monkey and says the Confederate flag is nothing but a cloth. People that allow that are just as bad as the court that let cop go for shooting that innocent man which had his hands up. I know my children would never thinking that OK.

Paytc
The question will there be any protest at the MLK tournament to put the school on notice. Like to there will be protest for another innocent black African American shot by a cop. This is a terrible outlook on this country the let the cop out on $50000 bail for shooting and innocent man. This why the keep kill innocent men that has their hands up in the air all the get is a slap on the wrist. Just like African Americans in the basketball world let someone call their daughter ghetto idiot, another coach a monkey and says the Confederate flag is nothing but a cloth. People that allow that are just as bad as the court that let cop go for shooting that innocent man which had his hands up. I know my children would never thinking that OK.

RespectBBGame,

While small protest and peaceful marches make a little ( very little) difference, the answer is in economic and/ or military advancement. And since America has the biggest guns, thinking violence is the answer will only lead to marshall law and more innocent lives taken, locked up, and blood spilled in the streets. We need to support those who are willing to fight hate and oppression. And stop supporting those who are capitalizing off hate and the oppression and status quo. And stop waiting on other's leadership from the White House or any of the people they hand select to be our leaders. We see where that has gotten us. We need to start with the man or women in the mirror. And start only buying into the source that supports and empowers us. Because who do you think will have your best interest in mind, you or someone else? So if they are empathetic and working toward eliminating the hate and injustice we align ourselves with them. If not we move as far away from supporting them as we can. And support those worthy of our support. We've been experiencing injustice long enough to know it hasn't gone anywhere and probably won't disappear in our lifetime. But if we don't make excuses, and are personally accountable as individuals we can "Win Anyway", and at least we will not be a part of the problem. Plus we will sleep well when we go to bed at night and when we take our last breath. If that doesn't make the world better, there will at least be no dirt on our hands. We have proven we can handle the oppression and not let anyone break us. I think that says a lot about the character of the folks on both sides of the oppression. Keep your head held high. As a decent person, regardless of color, your dignity and self respect is priceless. Not to mention focusing on solutions and the many positive things technology has placed within our reach is far more empowering than complaining or waiting on things that are working to another's advantage to change.

Last edited:
RespectBBGame,

While small protest and peaceful marches make a little ( very little) difference, the answer is in economic and/ or military advancement. And since America has the biggest guns, thinking violence is the answer will only lead to marshall law and more innocent lives taken, locked up, and blood spilled in the streets. We need to support those who are willing to fight hate and oppression. And stop supporting those who are capitalizing off the oppression and status quo. And stop waiting on other's leadership from the White House or any of the people they hand select to be our leaders. We see where that has gotten us. We need to start with the man or women in the mirror. And start only buying into the source that supports and empowers us. Because who do you think will have your best interest in mind, you or someone else? So if they are empathetic and working toward eliminating the hate and injustice we align ourselves with them. If not we move as far away from supporting them as we can. And support those worthy of our support. We've been experiencing injustice long enough to know it hasn't gone anywhere and probably won't disappear in our lifetime. But if we don't make excuses, and are personally accountable as individuals we can "Win Anyway", and at least we will not be a part of the problem. Plus we will sleep well when we go to bed at night and when we take our last breath. If that doesn't make the world better, there will at least be no dirt on our hands. We have proven we can handle the oppression and not let anyone break us. I think that says a lot about the character of the folks on both sides of the oppression. Keep your head held high. As a decent person, regardless of color, your dignity and self respect is priceless. Not to mention focusing on solutions and the many positive things technology has placed within our reach is far more empowering than complaining or waiting on things that are working to another's advantage to change.

Never posted before only read many different posts but found this thread different and sort of thought provoking. Provided another perspective to ponder.

TO KAPERNICK FROM RETIRED U.S. ARMY LT. COL. ALLEN WEST...........REMARKABLE SPEECH...................
Message from a non-oppressed black man to Colin Kaepernick…
By Allen West 1:44 pm, August 28, 2016
If there’s one thing I live for, it’s football season, especially college. Saturday night I was enjoying a fantastic game between Charleston Southern University and North Dakota State University. The game went into overtime and ended with the Bison of NDSU winning 24-17. However, as I watched this thrilling game, it was an item on the ESPN news ticker that disturbed me — to which I see a need to respond to this “teachable moment.”
As reported yesterday, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick refused to stand for the National Anthem in Friday’s pre-season game against Green Bay because he was protesting “black oppression” in the United States. The Niners went on to lose.
The NFL issued a statement that said players are encouraged but not required to stand for the national anthem. Hmm, this is the same NFL that refused to allow the Dallas Cowboys to wear a helmet decal in honor of the fallen Dallas Police officers gunned down on Thursday, July 7th.
This is the same NFL that said nothing when players from the St. Louis Cardinals displayed the false narrative symbol of “hands up, don't shoot” — which we know didn’t happen. I find it rather interesting that the NFL has no issue disrespecting law enforcement officers but only “encourages” players to respect the symbol of our nation, the American flag, and our anthem, the Star Spangled Banner.
However, I would recommend a simple scripture from the wise King Solomon for Mr. Kaepernick, Proverbs 17:28 (NIV): “Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues.”
Or, as the old folks down South would say, “best for a stupid person to keep their mouth shut and not open it and let everyone know they are.”
Mr. Kaepernick, a bi-racial young man adopted and raised by white parents, claims America is oppressing blacks at a time when we have a black, bi racial president who was twice elected. We’ve had two black attorneys general and currently have a black secretary of homeland security, along with a black national security advisor. Here in Dallas our police chief, whom I know, is an outstanding black leader. The officer in Milwaukee who shot the armed assailant after issuing an order to drop his weapon was black. Is Mr. Kaepernick following suit and cherry-picking what he terms “oppression?” First of all, let me clarify to you sir, you are a multi-millionaire “one-percenter” just because you can throw a ball and kiss your biceps. Men like Jesse Owens, Jackie Robinson, Hank Aaron, Oscar Robertson, Ernie Davis, and Bernard King and Condredge Halloway of my alma mater were athletes who knew of oppression. You sir may certainly have the right to sit upon your “fourth point of contact” when the National Anthem is played but never forget, you live in a nation that has provided you the privilege to have that right.
My story is one I wish to share. My dad was a corporal in the U.S. Army and served during World War II. He was born in 1920 and knew oppression. Yet, when he sat me down on the steps of our home, 651 Kennesaw Ave NE in Atlanta, he shared with me that there was no greater honor or privilege, than to wear the uniform of these United States. Perhaps that‘s why his first and middle sons, along with his grandson, are all U.S. combat veterans, just like Dad. Herman West Sr. was not a victim, and he raised men who would never allow anyone to suppress or oppress them. Perhaps you should stop trying to make victims and admonish people, black people, to be victors — try it, and you may find that more satisfying than your insidious action and word vomiting.
If you want to know about oppression of blacks in America, past and present, how about you ask Rep. Nancy Pelosi of the San Fran Bay Area about the policies that decimated the black family? Maybe you can cross the Bay over to Oakland and ask Rep. Barbara Lee about the 13 to 15 million black babies killed since 1973, and ask her who is Margaret Sanger?
Or perhaps you can ask the two California senators, Boxer and Feinstein, about who doesn’t support better education opportunities for black children in the inner cities — school choice, vouchers, charter schools, home schooling.
Perhaps you didn’t know Barack Obama was the one who cancelled the DC school voucher program for deserving young black children — talk about oppression. Is that something you’re willing to do, or is it just too difficult?
You should look at who’s been controlling the communities and cities where blacks live. This isn’t not about what America has done; it’s about what a certain group, a political party has done. And your somewhat backhanded comment towards our law enforcement officers — well, wonder how many times San Francisco PD has protected you?
Here is the deal young man. My recommendation is that you apologize. Be a stand up fella and admit you made a very stupid comment. Humbly state that you do realize how very special this country is and the opportunities it has afforded you — and many others. You should take that stand and apologize to all of those who are currently serving in our Armed Forces and those veterans who’ve been willing to make that last full measure of devotion. You see, when the National Anthem is played, it has a very special meaning to us — maybe you should take a hiatus and go over to Helmand Province in Afghani- stan and spend a week and understand why. Go over and throw a football with the men and women who enable you to earn those millions of dollars.
The American flag has a very touching meaning for those of us for whom it will drape our coffin — as it was for my Dad…and it will be for me. That song defines who we are as a proud and exceptional people. This is a land where so many dream of coming to and earning the title of American. Your actions were shameful, disgusting, despicable and disrespectful.
You do have a right and a freedom of expression. But know, there are consequences to your ignorant action, which is what it was.
When the National Anthem is played, I salute because I am a black man born and raised in the inner city afforded the opportunity for greatness in my own right. May you seek God’s forgiveness and find humility, because we, the people are not going to forget what you did and said.

Never posted before only read many different posts but found this thread different and sort of thought provoking. Provided another perspective to ponder.

TO KAPERNICK FROM RETIRED U.S. ARMY LT. COL. ALLEN WEST...........REMARKABLE SPEECH...................
Message from a non-oppressed black man to Colin Kaepernick…
By Allen West 1:44 pm, August 28, 2016
If there’s one thing I live for, it’s football season, especially college. Saturday night I was enjoying a fantastic game between Charleston Southern University and North Dakota State University. The game went into overtime and ended with the Bison of NDSU winning 24-17. However, as I watched this thrilling game, it was an item on the ESPN news ticker that disturbed me — to which I see a need to respond to this “teachable moment.”
As reported yesterday, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick refused to stand for the National Anthem in Friday’s pre-season game against Green Bay because he was protesting “black oppression” in the United States. The Niners went on to lose.
The NFL issued a statement that said players are encouraged but not required to stand for the national anthem. Hmm, this is the same NFL that refused to allow the Dallas Cowboys to wear a helmet decal in honor of the fallen Dallas Police officers gunned down on Thursday, July 7th.
This is the same NFL that said nothing when players from the St. Louis Cardinals displayed the false narrative symbol of “hands up, don't shoot” — which we know didn’t happen. I find it rather interesting that the NFL has no issue disrespecting law enforcement officers but only “encourages” players to respect the symbol of our nation, the American flag, and our anthem, the Star Spangled Banner.
However, I would recommend a simple scripture from the wise King Solomon for Mr. Kaepernick, Proverbs 17:28 (NIV): “Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues.”
Or, as the old folks down South would say, “best for a stupid person to keep their mouth shut and not open it and let everyone know they are.”
Mr. Kaepernick, a bi-racial young man adopted and raised by white parents, claims America is oppressing blacks at a time when we have a black, bi racial president who was twice elected. We’ve had two black attorneys general and currently have a black secretary of homeland security, along with a black national security advisor. Here in Dallas our police chief, whom I know, is an outstanding black leader. The officer in Milwaukee who shot the armed assailant after issuing an order to drop his weapon was black. Is Mr. Kaepernick following suit and cherry-picking what he terms “oppression?” First of all, let me clarify to you sir, you are a multi-millionaire “one-percenter” just because you can throw a ball and kiss your biceps. Men like Jesse Owens, Jackie Robinson, Hank Aaron, Oscar Robertson, Ernie Davis, and Bernard King and Condredge Halloway of my alma mater were athletes who knew of oppression. You sir may certainly have the right to sit upon your “fourth point of contact” when the National Anthem is played but never forget, you live in a nation that has provided you the privilege to have that right.
My story is one I wish to share. My dad was a corporal in the U.S. Army and served during World War II. He was born in 1920 and knew oppression. Yet, when he sat me down on the steps of our home, 651 Kennesaw Ave NE in Atlanta, he shared with me that there was no greater honor or privilege, than to wear the uniform of these United States. Perhaps that‘s why his first and middle sons, along with his grandson, are all U.S. combat veterans, just like Dad. Herman West Sr. was not a victim, and he raised men who would never allow anyone to suppress or oppress them. Perhaps you should stop trying to make victims and admonish people, black people, to be victors — try it, and you may find that more satisfying than your insidious action and word vomiting.
If you want to know about oppression of blacks in America, past and present, how about you ask Rep. Nancy Pelosi of the San Fran Bay Area about the policies that decimated the black family? Maybe you can cross the Bay over to Oakland and ask Rep. Barbara Lee about the 13 to 15 million black babies killed since 1973, and ask her who is Margaret Sanger?
Or perhaps you can ask the two California senators, Boxer and Feinstein, about who doesn’t support better education opportunities for black children in the inner cities — school choice, vouchers, charter schools, home schooling.
Perhaps you didn’t know Barack Obama was the one who cancelled the DC school voucher program for deserving young black children — talk about oppression. Is that something you’re willing to do, or is it just too difficult?
You should look at who’s been controlling the communities and cities where blacks live. This isn’t not about what America has done; it’s about what a certain group, a political party has done. And your somewhat backhanded comment towards our law enforcement officers — well, wonder how many times San Francisco PD has protected you?
Here is the deal young man. My recommendation is that you apologize. Be a stand up fella and admit you made a very stupid comment. Humbly state that you do realize how very special this country is and the opportunities it has afforded you — and many others. You should take that stand and apologize to all of those who are currently serving in our Armed Forces and those veterans who’ve been willing to make that last full measure of devotion. You see, when the National Anthem is played, it has a very special meaning to us — maybe you should take a hiatus and go over to Helmand Province in Afghani- stan and spend a week and understand why. Go over and throw a football with the men and women who enable you to earn those millions of dollars.
The American flag has a very touching meaning for those of us for whom it will drape our coffin — as it was for my Dad…and it will be for me. That song defines who we are as a proud and exceptional people. This is a land where so many dream of coming to and earning the title of American. Your actions were shameful, disgusting, despicable and disrespectful.
You do have a right and a freedom of expression. But know, there are consequences to your ignorant action, which is what it was.
When the National Anthem is played, I salute because I am a black man born and raised in the inner city afforded the opportunity for greatness in my own right. May you seek God’s forgiveness and find humility, because we, the people are not going to forget what you did and said.

Ironic?......... Paradox?............ Innocent coincidence? or Something more sinister?

Funny that people knock the very rights we "all" should be able enjoy under the constitution. I think whether we will admit it or not, we all know, America is far from perfect. And has done some things in the name of the flag it should be ashamed of. As for Obama and what he did or didn't do, I think most people know the president is just a temporary symbol put in place to carry out the things those in power want done. Sure perhaps all presidents could have done more?

What kaepernick did was no different than what Ali did. He took a very unpopular "peaceful" stance for something he believed in. So should everyone also be held to one religious belief? Or is this still the country that allows one to have liberty? Obviously it is just a liberty for "one" the privileged one. As I have said (even if one doesn't agree with their approach) Kaepernick has as much right to exercise his 1st amendment right as the KKK, Neo Nazi, Skinheads, Arian nation and the thousands of other hate groups who's hateful rights are protected by the flag, national anthem and the U.S. Government. I personally think Colin Kaepernick and the racist hate groups that both share the first amendment right should apologize together. And after coming clean they should work at remaining that way. Wouldn't that be a giant step in the right direction?

Last edited:
So are you saying we should have a person maybe 25% black, 25% Hispanic, 25% white and 25% for to best represent everybody?

Yes ! I think since America is a melting pot a "good" person who is multi racial would be the absolute best example. However we are all the same color once you peel back the thin layer of skin. The key is not necessarily in a person's color, culture, or nationality as much as it is in their heart and character which has no color. Not only that, but answer to me why when a person has one drop of black in them and as much white in them they are always considered black? Is it because black folks tend to welcome them in with open arms faster than most white folks? Is it because of white supremacy or hate? How come that same person can't be allowed to say..... by the way this is the white part in me who feels black people are not receiving justice? Why when a black person expresses what they believe to be a problem so many whites and a few uncle Toms or blacks who are experiencing some American benefits and not feeling any oppression can't just except the fact that everyone is not dealing with the same experience in America? Some are suffering ! If even one person is unnecessary dieing or suffering IMO that is too much. And it would be everybody else's feeling if that one person was their child or their father. So we should have the common decency to let folks (no matter their color) peacefully exercise their 1st amendment right and try to make a positive difference( even if we don't agree with them or their method) just as we sit by without complaints and let racist hate groups exercise their hateful 1st amendment rights which are the cornerstone of why we have the division, problems, and oppression in the first place. Devil and the devil's followers (along with their hate) need to be eliminated so good people of all colors, nationalities, and religions can come together in harmony domestically and world-wide. But instead cowards would prefer to have a bible in one hand and a gun in the other as they proceed to shoot another in their back all in the name of self proclaimed righteousness. SMH at those who should be ashamed of themselves but are too small and hateful, so they'd prefer to pull others down to their hateful level. And the rest of the cowards would prefer to look the other way and pretend to not see what they know is not right as long as it's not happening to or affecting them and/ or their loved ones.

Last edited:
Yes ! I think since America is a melting pot a "good" person who is multi racial would be the absolute best example. However we are all the same color once you peel back the thin level of skin. The key is not necessarily in a person's color, culture, or nationality as much as it is in their heart and character which has no color. Not only that, but answer to me why when a person has one drop of black in them and as much white in them they are always considered black? Is it because black folks tend to welcome them in with open arms faster than most white? Is it because of white supremacy or hate? How come that same person can't be allowed to say..... by the way this is the white part in me who feels black people are not receiving justice? Why when a black person expresses what they believe to be a problem so many whites and a few uncle Toms or blacks who are experiencing some American benefits and not feeling any oppression can't just except the fact that everyone is not dealing with the same experience in America? Some are suffering ! If even one person is unnecessary dieing or suffering IMO that is too much. And it would be everybody else's feeling if that one person was their child or their father. So we should have the common decency to let folks (no matter their color) peacefully exercise their 1st amendment right( even if we don't agree with them) just as we sit by without complaints and let racist hate groups exercise their hateful 1st amendment rights which is the cornerstone of why we have the division, problems, and oppression in the first place. Devil and the devil's followers (along with their hate) need to be eliminated so good people of all colors, nationalities, and religions can come together in harmony domestically and world-wide. But instead cowards would prefer to have a bible in one hand and a gun in the other as they proceed to shoot another in their back all in the name of self proclaimed righteousness. SMH at those who should be ashamed of themselves but are too small so they'd prefer to pull others down to their hateful level. And the rest of the cowards would prefer to look the other way and pretend to not see what they know is not right as long as it's not affecting them or their loved ones.

I think you make a lot of great points. I would say that having multi-racial people in power might make a lot of sense, I am not sure that it is really feasible and a practical reality to solve our problems however. I would also say that since I am 100% white I don't have the same perspective as you or many, but I know that I am not racist in the least bit nor do I know anybody that is racist. However, I feel that the narrative that all of us white people constitute the problem for blacks and every other problem is by and large a false narrative driven home by a corrupt government and corrupt media. I attached a couple of links/videos from Tommy Sotomayor where I think the rhetoric is a bit harsh but he makes a lot of valid points. Not necessarily everything I believe although I agree with much of both, the point being that a dialogue needs to occur(probably not in this forum) so that we can eliminate the hate find the common ground and improve equal opportunity for all. Black people and white people are both essentially good people...there are many in both groups that are bad but they are not the majority and we must remember that. It benefits no group of people to have one live a far better life than the other..it benefits them both to have great experiences in life so we must find solutions that elevate everybody's lifestyle so that hate and animosity disappears.

I also don't think I have heard anybody white or black express the view that Kap doesn't have a right to exercise his 1st Amendment right. Rather I think the opinions expressed that I have seen have been to merely disagree with how he is making his point which is within their right as well.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ QwCCj8Dx-gk

I think you make a lot of great points. I would say that having multi-racial people in power might make a lot of sense, I am not sure that it is really feasible and a practical reality to solve our problems however. I would also say that since I am 100% white I don't have the same perspective as you or many, but I know that I am not racist in the least bit nor do I know anybody that is racist. However, I feel that the narrative that all of us white people constitute the problem for blacks and every other problem is by and large a false narrative driven home by a corrupt government and corrupt media. I attached a couple of links/videos from Tommy Sotomayor where I think the rhetoric is a bit harsh but he makes a lot of valid points. Not necessarily everything I believe although I agree with much of both, the point being that a dialogue needs to occur(probably not in this forum) so that we can eliminate the hate find the common ground and improve equal opportunity for all. Black people and white people are both essentially good people...there are many in both groups that are bad but they are not the majority and we must remember that. It benefits no group of people to have one live a far better life than the other..it benefits them both to have great experiences in life so we must find solutions that elevate everybody's lifestyle so that hate and animosity disappears.

I also don't think I have heard anybody white or black express the view that Kap doesn't have a right to exercise his 1st Amendment right. Rather I think the opinions expressed that I have seen have been to merely disagree with how he is making his point which is within their right as well.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ QwCCj8Dx-gk

Disclaimer: I do not endorse Tommy Sotomayer, I do endorse 2pac and left 2pac's words below for all good people to hear.

Tom Fry,

It only took you three tries and now your off to a pretty good start. That is definitely your best post on this board IMO. I agree with most of what you had to say. As far as Kaepernick's right to express himself (it's not a right if someone else has to tell him how and when he should peacefully express himself). I think some in our mainstream racist media do feel he doesn't or shouldn't have a right to express and exercise his 1st amendment right. Especially if they disagree with him and/ or his method. Were any of the people who are in opposition to Kaepernick's method as upset when the family in Oregon had a shootout with our government over land property instead of being in compliance with them? Of course they were dealt with non violently. Or were they upset when the terrorist shot up dozens of people and the police not only made sure they took him in alive but stopped by a fast food joint to feed him to make sure he was properly nourished before providing him 3 meals and a cot?Or when white racist hate groups carry hateful sign, burn crosses, hang, murder, and intimidate folks of color? All in the name of their hateful 1st amendment rights? One of the main purposes for Colin Kaepernick taking such an unpopular stance was it seemed like nothing else was effective enough to at least prioritize constructive solution based dialogue with a problem that has been going on far too long.

Below is a voice that America feared because like any of our revolutionary rebels in the past to this present day who America fears would create positive change for all Americans that voice has to be silenced. So that America can keep practicing inequality disguised under a patriotism brand and a name called democracy. The 1st class can't feel privileged, if the 2nd class is allowed the same privileges.

But if America is gonna govern based on the principles contained within the constitution, we the people must demand accountability with regard to equally applying those principles. Thanks for sharing your insights and coming to reasonable dialogue.

Here is one of America's children who shared some thought provoking insight that should be shared on the 20th year after his untimely departure..........

Last edited:
It only took you three tries and now your off to a pretty good start. That is definitely your best post on this board IMO. I agree with most of what you had to say. As far as Kaepernick's right to express himself (it's not a right if someone else has to tell him how he should peacefully express himself). I think some in our mainstream racist media do feel he doesn't or shouldn't have a right to express and exercise his 1st amendment right. Especially if they disagree with him and/ or his method. Were any of the people who are in opposition to Kaepernick's method as upset when the family in Oregon had a shootout with our government over land property instead of being in compliance with them? Of course they were dealt with non violently. Or were they upset when the terrorist shot up dozens of people and the police not only made sure they took him in alive but stopped by a fast food joint to feed him to make sure he was properly nourished before providing him 3 meals and a cot? One of the main purposes for Colin Kaepernick taking such an unpopular stance was it seemed like nothing else was effective enough to at least prioritize constructive solution based dialogue with a problem that has been going on far too long.

Below is a voice that America feared because like any of our revolutionary rebels in the past to this present day who America fears would create positive change for all Americans has to be silenced. So that America can keep practicing inequality disguised under a patriotism brand and a name called democracy.

But if America is gonna govern based on the principles contained within the constitution we the people must demand accountability with regard to equally applying those principles. Thanks for sharing your insights and coming to reasonable dialogue.

Here is one of America's children who shared some thought provoking insight that should be shared on the 20th year after his untimely departure..........

I agree with much of what you post. I have a different take and opinion on some things and have certain ideas how to improve things that probably don't jive with your views but don't want to get much more into it on a bball forum. Better to get back to what is going on with the girls. You seem to have a very good take on bay area basketball and I do like to read this venue.
Take care

Tom Fry & Paytc for mayor. You're both right, and that's about how discussions should go to move toward one of many solutions to a complex problem.

A multi-background helps unless they don't self-identify with or have life experiences that they can apply in these specific crisis situations.

Enter the officer in the picture, who fits the typical cop profile, but actually has all the tools to succeed in a situation where the officer was just charged in the recent incident. First he grew up in the melting pot (SF) and had years of interaction with poor, rich, athletic, gay, straight, white, and black kids all throughout 3rd-12th grades. Secondly, this officer was himself a big bad dude(not a bully), so you really didn't want any, even without a gun. So we might be talking about pepper spray and a touch-up at worst, and that's long after the straight talk didn't diffuse the situation.

The question is, how do we assess that in an officer, simulate that, teach that?

Policy and procedure can drive protocol, but it always comes down to the individual in a moment in time bringing to bear who she/he is and what he/she believes at their core to take a specific action.

Last edited:
Tom Fry & Paytc for mayor. You're both right, and that's about how discussions should go to move toward one of many solutions to a complex problem.

A multi-background helps unless they don't self-identify with or have life experiences that they can apply in these specific crisis situations.

Enter the officer in the picture, who fits the typical cop profile, but actually has all the tools to succeed in a situation where the officer was just charged in the recent incident. First he grew up in the melting pot (SF) and had years of interaction with poor, rich, athletic, gay, straight, white, and black kids all throughout 3rd-12th grades. Secondly, this officer was himself a big bad dude(not a bully), so you really didn't want any, even without a gun. So we might be talking about pepper spray and a touch-up at worst, and that's long after the straight talk didn't diffuse the situation.

The question is, how do we assess that in an officer, simulate that, teach that?

Policy and procedure can drive protocol, but it always comes down to the individual in a moment in time bringing to bear who she/he is and what he/she believes at their core to take a specific action.

hoopwilla,

Thanks for your words and insight too. I think most Americans ( with the media's help) missed the boat on the reason Kaepernick took such an unpopular stance. One even I may have not suggested for him to do had I been his agent or advisor. What an act of unselfish sacrifice ! But I totally understood and overstand where he was coming from and why he did it. It worked ! He created the dialogue that many needed (for findingsolutions)which we are discussing today. Hopefully the majority of Americans see the value in justice for all over division, hate, and selfishness. Freedom over curfew and martial law? Obviously we have been dealing with this problem far too long. And nothing else has worked.The pledge of Allegiance that America has our children standing for each morning before school starts seems so hypocritical when you think of the line "One Nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all". Then we continue to allow this division and injustice? And permit hateful expressions from hate groups under the protection of the flag? Just as long as the hate is not directed at white America or anyone other than black? It's our country. Black, white, and everything in between. God (or our creator) loaned us this world as a test to see what we'd do with it. I sincerely hope we don't fail the most important test in our existence. If it was really about the flag it should be American pulling up American. Not class and race divisions. And most not being accountable for their hateful or irresponsible actions? Why let a small hateful/greedy, power hungry few, divide all good Americans? But of course some privileged folks don't care about the struggles of others. They would prefer to re-direct the focus to something else. And the sad thing is when you upset the powers that be in America they put you on that forever black list ( pun intended). They typically pull the plug on supporting you. And may even work to defame your character, brake you financially, and make the rest of your life miserable, or worse. Hopefully Colin Kaepernick's supporters will look out for him ( for saying no to drugs and injustice) to help insulate him from those (many of which are filled with hate) who may plan on attacking him from here on out. You know those who have their own questionable agendas? Or those who are either ignorant, racist, selfish, or just hateful and non-empathetic? Many of which you will see at church on Sunday, but still display their hate and hypocrisy Monday through Saturday.

But I agree with T.F. On this board we can bring the focus back to girl's hoops. Even though I saw the need to chime in when the conversation in my mind needed a bit more balanced and rational or reasonable perspective. You know the kind of perspective not typically found in the main stream media?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT