ADVERTISEMENT

Youth hoops virus blowout

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
So it's happened. And it's hardly a shock. Media reports today indicate that an illegal club basketball exercise in Placer County has produced more than 70 cases of the corona virus, 39 of them among young athletes. It's one more indication of the selfish behavior of club proponents who care not one fig for high school basketball players, coaches, families and all of the other people involved in the sport.

So it's happened. And it's hardly a shock. Media reports today indicate that an illegal club basketball exercise in Placer County has produced more than 70 cases of the corona virus, 39 of them among young athletes. It's one more indication of the selfish behavior of club proponents who care not one fig for high school basketball players, coaches, families and all of the other people involved in the sport.
Is this in addition to the outbreak in Santa Clara County with 77 positive cases?

So if I remember correctly the Courtside director said that only 12 people were positive and they were all from the same team. And that Courtside had zero responsibility because well everyone was wearing a mask.

Sadly, I heard another big tournament is occurring in Bakersfield this weekend. Players and coaches all riding together in vans and staying together in hotel rooms. With decisions like this, I am not sure how we can imagine a season occurring. No bubble, all from different households and areas. All of this under a new stay at home order too. I was remaining optimistic, but now my hope for a season is waning.

On another note, I heard that coaches of top HS programs in the area were asking other coaches to band together and agree not to participate in these weekend tournaments until everything is safe.

Reactions: MC415
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT