ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Chappell

Always nice to get a D1 scholarship but man SJ State is bad... Commuter school with limited fan base. Wish him the best but personally he's better than that.

Agree with you Larry but at least I will give the new staff credit for going to get a local talent right
away in there first recruiting class we are always blasting the local schools for not bringing
In the local talent so I will give the sjsu coaching staff for making Zach a top priority.

Did St Mary's / Pacific / Sac State / Davis / USF or what other D1 offers did Zach receive?

I really like this kids game. I think he can play immediately. If the others didn't offer seems pretty odd or something isn't adding up in the entire equation. Seriously he would have been the best guard on Sac State team last year from what I watched. Wish him well..

San Jose State needs better support from both the students and from the school itself. I remember the last time they were relevant and hopefully they will start to improve. I know that they did not give good support to Coach Wojcik and his staff.

Reactions: nostancenochance
Zach Chappell is a high major guard. He is clearly better than any other guards in Norcal save Akinjo. I have watched him play many times and have had the opportunity to coach him in a few showcase games. His skill set is ridiculous and he has become a reliable shooter too. San Jose State should feel very fortunate that they signed a PAC 12 guard. He should make an immediate impact there if there culture is good and if they have a decent system. I haven’t followed them at all. Good luck to Zach and wish him the best!

Coach J

Reactions: TwitterLegend
Zach Chappell is a high major guard. He is clearly better than any other guards in Norcal save Akinjo. I have watched him play many times and have had the opportunity to coach him in a few showcase games. His skill set is ridiculous and he has become a reliable shooter too. San Jose State should feel very fortunate that they signed a PAC 12 guard. He should make an immediate impact there if there culture is good and if they have a decent system. I haven’t followed them at all. Good luck to Zach and wish him the best!

Coach J
I think he's good but not better than Elijah Hardy.

Reactions: MoneyTeam0115
I would take him over both guards from ODOWD. His game will translate better in college. SJ State got a steal.

Zach has a much more rounded game then hardy right now his IQ and feel for the game is
further along then hardy at this point. Hardy is a talent for sure but in terms of making the RIGHT play in regards to time and score Zach is a bit further along and more ready
To contribute at that level right away in my opinion.

Last edited:
Chapel is really good but not better than Akinjo or either guard from O’Dowd. Definitely a steal for San Jose St

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT