ADVERTISEMENT

16-1 Laguna Creek at McClatchy

cptmycpa

Sports Fanatic
Jan 19, 2016
Went to check out the intriguing 16-1, Laguna Creek tonight. Total domination by McClatchy both offensively and defensively.
1st qtr. end: 22-2 McClatchy
Halftime: 45-11
3rd qtr. end: 69-22
Final score: 75-29

McClatchy's Lowery and Hall had 3 fouls half-way through the 2nd qtr. Subs came in and still did damage. McClatchy was just too quick and passed the ball around the arc to make over a dozen 3's in the 1st half alone. Laguna Creek could not get off many good looks in the first three quarters due to McClatchy's tough defense. McClatchy's freshman and sophomores played the entire 4th qtr. on a running clock. Laguna Creek finally played a strong team ranked in the top 100 in CA this season. McClatchy has four freshman and three sophomores that will be real good in the coming years.

Last edited:
Reactions: basketba11
Well, I guess little bit of a wake up call for Laguna Creek. Not quite ready for the big leagues yet. Hopefully they will beef up their schedule next season because they definitely have potential in this group. They will need to play against much tougher teams in the future to get that experience and continue to develop and improve, cant do that unless you start playing some tougher competition. Look out for them in 2 years, they should be able to start challenging McClatchy by then. Even though they haven't played anyone, they are definitely going in the right direction. The back-court of Tillery and Young will be all-city caliber in their junior and senior seasons if they can stay together and continue to improve.

Well, I guess little bit of a wake up call for Laguna Creek. Not quite ready for the big leagues yet. Hopefully they will beef up their schedule next season because they definitely have potential in this group. They will need to play against much tougher teams in the future to get that experience and continue to develop and improve, cant do that unless you start playing some tougher competition. Look out for them in 2 years, they should be able to start challenging McClatchy by then. Even though they haven't played anyone, they are definitely going in the right direction. The back-court of Tillery and Young will be all-city caliber in their junior and senior seasons if they can stay together and continue to improve.
Agree! Tillery and Young stood out. They will be very good--I would bet SacBee All-City in about a year or two. McClatchy has several freshman/sophomores that are 5-9 and 5-10 in height that look very promising and get a lot of playing time: Griffin (Soph), White (Fresh), and Niu (Fresh). Surprisingly however, their sharpshooter last night, making around five 3's was 5-5, sophomore Mia Waki. She shot well due to a lot of open looks.

Oh you were in the house for our game? Come say hi at the next McClatchy game. I'm the assistant coach.

There was a lot of talk this summer about this Laguna Creek team so it was good to finally meet up with them. They have some good young talent over there should be fun over the next four years.,

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT