ADVERTISEMENT

17th annual Nor Cal Tip Off Classic Schedule Saturday November 30 at Dublin High School

hoop review

Sports Fanatic
Jun 14, 2006
17th annual Nor Cal Tip Off Classic Schedule
Saturday November 30 at Dublin High School

Game 1: 8:00 AM Ygnacio Valley (Concord) vs Branson (Ross)

Game 2: 9:30 AM St. Ignatius (San Francisco) vs Vanden (Fairfield)

Game 3: 11:00 AM Cardinal Newman (Santa Rosa) vs Santa Cruz

Game 4: 12:30 PM Clayton Valley (Concord) vs Weston Ranch (Stockton)

Game 5: 2:00 PM San Ramon Valley (Danville) vs Lincoln (Stockton)

Game 6: 3:30 PM Dublin vs Destiny Christian (Sacramento)

Game 7: 5:15 PM Folsom vs Redondo Union (Redondo Beach)

Game 8: 7:00 PM De La Salle (Concord) vs Crespi (Encino)

Game 9: 8:30 PM Moreau Catholic (Hayward) vs Modesto Christian

It makes no sense to have a 8am and 930am game. Find a bigger venue, multiple venues or make it a two day event

I don't see what the times of games would have to do with venue size. Last I looked, days are 24 hours long in huge arenas, too.

Multiple venues? Nah... I wanna see all the games, not have to choose between one or another.

Multiple days? Yeah, that would be excellent. 3 or 4 games on Friday starting after school, then the rest the next day. I would LOVE that! :)

Reactions: observer22
No school that week, but it is black friday so that will cause some issues having games on that day.

This event has always been scheduled on Black Friday and has been well attended throughout the years starting at Newark Memorial and now being hosted at Dublin. Dublin is a very nice facility easily accessible for all the NorCal participants and fans.

This event has always been scheduled on Black Friday and has been well attended throughout the years starting at Newark Memorial and now being hosted at Dublin. Dublin is a very nice facility easily accessible for all the NorCal participants and fans.
i am pretty certain nov 30 is a saturday this year, and the previous events were held on the saturday after thanksgiving.

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
Yes, it's always been a Saturday-after-turkey-day event, but getting a few of the games to Friday would make it easier for just about everybody except Black Friday shoppers.

However, there are probably other issues that I'm not thinking about since I don't do holidays.

Yes, it's always been a Saturday-after-turkey-day event, but getting a few of the games to Friday would make it easier for just about everybody except Black Friday shoppers.

However, there are probably other issues that I'm not thinking about since I don't do holidays.
jehovah? hi brother

nope, not a jehovah. Atheist. Guess I should also be more specific... I don't do religion-based holidays.

Don't pay much attention to the others either, but I don't consciously rail against them.

just a heads up to anyone thinking about this - do NOT stay in dublin. the city is dangerous and has gone severely downhill in recent months
Dublin deemed dangerous. What has propelled the decline in the last past months? All the NorCal schools will be staying home. Redondo Union is no stranger to hoods, just down the road. Go grab some dinner on 190th avenue in South Central L.A.
Crespi in Encino same, not far from crime hoods. You ever visit Van Nuys off Victory? Dublin is fine, people's behavior can change anyone's perspective of what they considered unsafe.

Remain Calm and Carry-on or stay tender and thick!!

Dublin deemed dangerous. What has propelled the decline in the last past months? All the NorCal schools will be staying home. Redondo Union is no stranger to hoods, just down the road. Go grab some dinner on 190th avenue in South Central L.A.
Crespi in Encino same, not far from crime hoods. You ever visit Van Nuys off Victory? Dublin is fine, people's behavior can change anyone's perspective of what they considered unsafe.

not exactly sure what caused the decline as i don't live there (spend a lot of time nearby though) but you can't go to the grocery store without seeing somebody getting mugged or seeing cars broken into. it's crazy.

just making sure people know so they can stay safe while there out their

not exactly sure what caused the decline as i don't live there (spend a lot of time nearby though) but you can't go to the grocery store without seeing somebody getting mugged or seeing cars broken into. it's crazy.

Public Service Announcement or
Sounds like rumor mill spinning with no factual information.

just a heads up to anyone thinking about this - do NOT stay in dublin. the city is dangerous and has gone severely downhill in recent months

lolllll... there is nothing scary in dublin. AT ALL.

Dublin is like Hawaii when compared to Oakland or SF…..drive down International Blvd or the Loin in sf, and you’ll take back all you said about Dublin!

MC do not advise
Dublin is like Hawaii when compared to Oakland or SF…..drive down International Blvd or the Loin in sf, and you’ll take back all you said about Dublin!
tender and e14 offer 2 different elements for sure.. you can get high, or get down and dirty.. but yea none of that is happening in Dublin to that degree..
i was in the city saturday night with a girl who lives in walnut creek... we went to a rooftop bar on 4th and mission at the marriot.. she saw all the activities going on around market and she was amazed.. she thought the internet was lying. lolllllllllllll

I don't see what the times of games would have to do with venue size. Last I looked, days are 24 hours long in huge arenas, too.

Multiple venues? Nah... I wanna see all the games, not have to choose between one or another.

Multiple days? Yeah, that would be excellent. 3 or 4 games on Friday starting after school, then the rest the next day. I would LOVE that! :)
If the event was held at a sports complex or gym with multiple full courts kids wouldn't have to play games that early. Damian has two nice size gyms and able to host multiple games at once. Sure we want to see all the games but WE are not the ones who have to play those games.

If the event was held at a sports complex or gym with multiple full courts kids wouldn't have to play games that early. Damian has two nice size gyms and able to host multiple games at once. Sure we want to see all the games but WE are not the ones who have to play those games.
Dublin actually has another gym with 2 full courts on the campus. It used to be the main gym until that fantastic new faculty was built some 15 years ago or so. I haven’t been in the old gym in some time, but the building is still there.

Dublin actually has another gym with 2 full courts on the campus. It used to be the main gym until that fantastic new faculty was built some 15 years ago or so. I haven’t been in the old gym in some time, but the building is still there.
the building is there but there is no basketball court. they got rid of it for "budget" reasons.

i just watched a netflix show about a granny getting killed in dublin.
then you had the guy who drove from arizona to kill a guy over a video game in july
and the kid on the football team that got jumped in the locker room by some outsiders...

ok i see.. dublin is becoming the suburbia version of compton.

i just watched a netflix show about a granny getting killed in dublin.
then you had the guy who drove from arizona to kill a guy over a video game in july
and the kid on the football team that got jumped in the locker room by some outsiders...

ok i see.. dublin is becoming the suburbia version of compton.
Ankle please don't advise!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT