ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Manteca vs #8 O'Dowd in NorCal Final

NSBasketball

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2014
Didn't see this coming although Manteca is the #2 seed so I guess they are supposed to be there. O'Dowd has been playing fantastic as of late, with great guard play. Manteca has been known all year for their 6'9, 6'9, 6'8 front line but there guard play from 5'11 jr guard Young has been the difference in big games.Should be a fun match-up.

Yup... O'Dowd seems to have really come together in the last 3 weeks or so. December's Dragons hardly resemble this team at all.

Bishop O'Dowd with all their tradition(year after year of winning season's) even in a rebuilding year should be able to take care of Manteca. No way they should have been a eight seed, they are used to playing away from home, and now get a neutral court game.Next year they will be back in the open, they will be loaded!

Reactions: cityfan
I recall people asking what Lou and the staff would do without Ivan and Paris. Most left out the contributions of the other seniors. What he is doing is shaping and molding the next group of guys who in a couple of years will resemble the squad from the last two years. O'Dowd attracts good kids and families, but make no mistake Lou and the staff coach and develop the kids and that's why they wind up being as good as they do as seniors.

Reactions: cityfan
Lou does a great job at Odowd! I personally consider him one of the top coaches in area. Not only can he develop he has the patience for these young kids to develop. As long as parents have patience he will get his teams competing at the end of year.
Congrats on a good year Lou!! Don't let the hater hate..

Reactions: Defender4212
Coach Lou and Riordan's Coach Buckner are good friends. Coach Buck had the right strategy and almost pulled off the upset, but just didn't have healthy players. Also, add in a neutral, regulation-size court in American Canyon. I'm sure they will be talking...

Reactions: Defender4212
I agree, a lot of soft style basketball in NorCal period. Aaron Gordon played like a beast, after him I can't honestly say I have seen any tough teams. Ellis at MC is tough, Udenyi at DLS plays tough, Kone at Mitty, Young from Sac Hi has turned into more of a finesse player now that he has a outside shot.

I agree, a lot of soft style basketball in NorCal period. Aaron Gordon played like a beast, after him I can't honestly say I have seen any tough teams. Ellis at MC is tough, Udenyi at DLS plays tough, Kone at Mitty, Young from Sac Hi has turned into more of a finesse player now that he has a outside shot.
Sayeed P. Plays hard too

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT