ADVERTISEMENT

2024 SJS Schedules

Looking forward to another epic season of high school football in the 209, SM vs. Edison being one of the more interesting games given the irony. And based on the clip provided by ArmchairGOAT—much obliged, by the way—seems as though Edison QB and WRs have developed some chemistry in their short time together, and there’s obviously some athleticism in their DB room. Of course, 7v7 is only a small sample size of any team’s potential. The game is a whole lot different with pads on, trust me—like who can get hit in the mouth and perform better than the guy across from him on the next play type of different. No horse in this race for me—other than the 209 that is haha—yet mark my words: the more disciplined team will come out on top. Discipline, execution trumps talent on the gridiron every time.

He transferred from St. Mary’s. He was the Rams varsity backup QB his freshman year and also backup at the start of his sophomore year (last season), but wanted more playing time. So he decided to drop to JV. When playoffs approached, many expected him to return to Varsity. But, he decided NOT to rejoin the team and instead he put in his transfer to Edison. Also, the Edison QB, Berell Staples, who was going to be a junior moved back to Pittsburg HS.

I am told by a reliable source at Tokay HS that the Tokay starting QB, Tim “TK” Karagounis, is seeking to transfer to St. Mary’s. But, unsure if this transfer has taken place. He will be a senior this upcoming season. If anyone has any further insight, please share.

Also note, last year’s St. Marys varsity backup QB, Jaden Galvan, was a sophomore last season (junior this upcoming season) and has a brother, AJ Galvan, who wrestled for Tokay HS and has since graduated.

Hence, there is some curiosity as to who the new starting QB for St. Mary’s now that Devin Rasmussen is playing for Edison. Probably to be determined during the summer. But, got to think it will be Jaden Galvan (Junior). Whoever the Rams starting QB will be this season, he will have some very good weapons to throw to that are returning in Kenneth Moore III (Junior), Ivan Huerta (Junior), Osani Gayles (Sophomore), Carter Williams (Sophomore), The Rams offense will be quite young.
It is appearing there is truth behind Timmy TK Karagounis transfer from Tokay to St. Mary’s:
Curious what exception, if any, is being made to avoid sitting the first 5 games in order to play for the Rams? Did he change residency (address) as cited for Devin Rasmussen’s transfer to Edison (https://www.cifsjs.org/transfer-rulings)? Or is he truly content on waiting 5 games and likely taking on the backup QB role (behind Jaden Galvan) during his senior season? Maybe being part of a winning tradition means more? But, why wait until your senior year? Doubtful it’s due to religious reasons unless he and his family recently converted from Seventh Day Adventist to Catholicism. His dad is a Lodi Academy alumn. Also, TK is not showing up (from my perspective) on any radar participating in any camps, so far. Sounds like there may be QB controversy brewing at St. Mary’s (again). lol

Whereas, Jaden Galvan, who was the backup QB last year for St Mary’s is appearing in quite a few camps per his posts found on his X profile:
There is also a nice photo of him (center) and a few of his teammates advertising their 2024 schedule:

It’s hard for me to believe that Jaden Galvan will be back on the bench due to the pending transfer of TImmy TK Karagounis, especially being in the Rams system longer and having a better understanding of the playbook and chemistry with his teammates. But, good to have a solid backup at the position just the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT