ADVERTISEMENT

2027 247sports rankings

smramsfan

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2024
247Sports 2027 top 100

I'm a St. Marys fan and I saw the 247sports top 100 for 2027 come out today. I thought SM may have one of the best WR core in NorCal before this article and I see Osani Gayles as the top 2027 WR in CA per their ratings which I think put him, (So.), Kenneth Moore III (Jr.), Ivan Huerta (Jr.) and Carter Williams (So.) as possibly the best and youngest WR core in NorCal. I know Riordan has a bunch of guys and Folsom has guys but would love to hear the communities thoughts on the rankings as well as other WR cores you think will be good. Not sure who's going to end up the QB as I know the projected starter left but just asking about the WR talent at different schools or any random thoughts on the rankings.

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
St. Mary's definitely up there along with:
  • Folsom - Powell (2026), Williams (2026), Tupou TE, Hill, Larson and Woods.
  • Riordan - Chris Lawson (UW commit) and John Tofi (2025), Cynai Thomas and Judge Nash (2026), Wesley Winn and Jones (2027) and 2028 Israel Lawson. Thomas and Lawson played with Gayles on their 7 on 7 squad
  • Pittsburg - returns a loaded WR room Kenion (2025), Moseley and Bell (2026), Ward (2028) and its QB Alcantara. RB Searcy can catch the ball out of backfield and can take it to the house at anytime.
I believe these teams' WRs all have D1 offers (with the exception of the frosh Lawson and Ward)) and have outstanding 2026 QBs in Lyons and Mitchell ranked 1 and 2 in NorCal with Pitt's Alcantara (2025) not far behind. Lyons is also one of the top QBs in the Country. Folsom, Riordan and Pitt returns some of the best O-lines in the State. Not familiar with St. Mary's O-line, but I'm sure they are the reason for their success. That Riordan @ Pitt game on Sept 13th should be a good one!

St. Marys, Folsom, Pitt and Riordan all appear to have young rosters and are not senior-heavy.

Last edited:
I recall watching Carter Williams on the Jr Bulldogs team next to Ez Woods (Folsom). They were both dominating. Interesting he ended up at St Marys.

Yeah those are the 2 schools I could think. Agree that Folsom and Riordan also have more established QBs so that could help make their Receiving core shine more.

I knew the Pitt QB is good but didn't know much about their WRs. I'll have to look into them.

Reactions: ArmchairGOAT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT