ADVERTISEMENT

3rd Annual Battle of Norcal @ Modesto Christian HS August 12th (916 vs Bay vs 209 vs Central)

2:40 left, still tied at 91…. Jump ball, Valley has it.

Tounde misses a 3, rebounds his miss and scores…. A pushing match ensues on the other end, time out, dunno what they’re gonna call if anything. 1:43 left, 93-91 Valley.

Sensley 3!! 96-93 Bay…. Amundsen fouled on a 3…

Misses first…. makes 2nd, makes 3rd. Bay has the ball up 1, Sensley fouled after some keepaway…. FT’s both good.Anundsun FLIES to the rack to get within 1, Lewis fouled…

FT’s good.

3 try to tie, nope…. Bay rebound, Sensley fouled immediately.

Miss on 1st… and the 2nd!!

Valley ball down 3, time out with 14.4 seconds left.

3 try from the corner at the bizzer…. NO!

Bay wins 100-97.

Whotta ball game!

Posterized

Here's the Lewis dunk over Yessoufou...

21 second video, first few seconds still, but it starts after a few seconds (I have zero idea what I'm doing with editing). Unfortunately, no sound for some reason.

@kiddman32 , great updates once again! would be great to get your assessment of the players that stood out for you and how those player's teams will do this season?

J24, I am very very far from any sort of "expert", but...

The player that stuck out the most was Mikey Lewis, on route to Prolific Prep. Kid is quick as hell, has amazing handles, and can really shoot the rock! Whomever he's guarding is almost certain to have a rough night as well.

But he was far from the only one that showed out... To me, nobody looked overmatched against these top-flight players...

The other obvious stickout was Tounde Yessoufou. FREAK athlete, a terror inside with quick hands that can snag the ball from anyone. One time, he was completely boxed out by the taller Zion Sensley, so he just jumped higher and snatched the rebound away from behind. Shot selection may be suspect; he took a ton of threes when at times he could have passed or tried to get closer to the rack.

Both Amundsen brothers of Clovis North were terrific, that'll be quite a guard tandem for the Broncos.

The Sensley-Rencher tandem will be a huge factor on a great Riordan team.

Interesting factor this year... The first two years, this even was held earlier in the offseason and featured almost exclusively outgoing seniors. With the later date this time around, the event was a sneak preview of the top stars we'll see on HS courts in a few months.

Based on what I witnessed yesterday, this will be one helluva season for NorCal!

JCNID.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: MC415
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT