9:30am - Arroyo vs. Pittsburg

11:00am - McKinleyville vs. Montgomery

12:30pm - Piedmont vs. Dougherty Valley

2:00pm - Bradshaw Christian vs. Terra Nova

3:30pm - Edison vs Pleasant Valley

5:00pm - McClatchy vs. Oakland

6:30pm - Antelope vs. California

8:00pm - Will C. Wood vs. John Swett

Come out and enjoy a day of basketball to start the New Year!!!

Some Sac-Joaquin scores:
Bradshaw Christian 53, Terra Nova 27
Edison 54, Pleasant Valley 49
McClatchy 72, Oakland 43
Antelope vs. California -- no score yet

I just saw a Clet 80 to 53 win over SMS. I didn't see the game live, just a scoring update.

I had a feeling the California vs Antelope game would be good. However I thought the Sacramento vs Mitty game would be closer than it was. As well I thought the McClatchy vs Oakland score would be closer.

Last edited:
Clet was up 19 at half. Starters sat most of 4th. Bamberger 24, Miller 18, Modowar 10.

Clet was up 19 at half. Starters sat most of 4th. Bamberger 24, Miller 18, Modowar 10.

dsm405,

Thanks for the update. Good to see more balanced scoring and the fact that it sounds like the rotation players got some live action. Those are a few of the things Clet will need to develop to better their chances of winning their first Open Division game ever to my knowledge. And to me reaching that milestone will prove to be as good an accomplishment as winning another NCS championship. Of course the goal should be set toward doing both things. And improving as a team from November to March only betters their chances. Congratulations Carondelet !

Last edited:
Cal High is a solid team and very well coached.

Antelope scorers in the game
Jzaniya Harriel 32pts
Jordan Goodwin 14pts
Kaijia Lesane 12pts
Arianna Spann 12pts back from stress-fracture.

Jzaniya Harriel 32pts
Jordan Goodwin 14pts
Kaijia Lesane 12pts

Cal has a very young squad, with only 1 senior, and has come a long way since getting roughed up by CN in a foundation game.

Reactions: Paytc
I just saw a Clet 80 to 53 win over SMS. I didn't see the game live, just a scoring update.

I had a feeling the California vs Antelope game would be good. However I thought the Sacramento vs Mitty game would be closer than it was. As well I thought the McClatchy vs Oakland score would be closer.
Sac had three starters in foul trouble most of the game. PG Walters for Sac is a nice player, but fouled out in the 4th. Sac kept the game close, but Mitty just kept getting runs and controlled the boards, earning numerous offensive rebounds and put backs.

Reactions: Paytc
Sac had three starters in foul trouble most of the game. PG Walters for Sac is a nice player, but fouled out in the 4th. Sac kept the game close, but Mitty just kept getting runs and controlled the boards, earning numerous offensive rebounds and put backs.

No doubt if the refs call a game tight or loose there is an impact. Players must know when to adjust their aggressiveness based on how the game is being called. Thanks for the feedback. As final scores don't always tell everything about the way the game was played. As I had said going into the game teams like Mitty and Pinewood (who are good and often very well coached) can get on runs of momentum that if not checked can put the game(s) out of reach.

Yaeh I agree about Walters. I remember watching her playing with and against my daughter at Passthaball events several years ago when she was younger. I saw a lot of potential then. But didn't see the maturity and patience she would later develop for the game. She like Mya Blake from Bear Creek both let the games flow almost perfectly on the offensive end. It's fun to watch players that have that kind of love and respect for the game.

Jzaniya Harriel 32pts
Jordan Goodwin 14pts
Kaijia Lesane 12pts

Awesome scoring balance ! I'm certain your team is solid as well. And I know from having my daughter play AAU games against your AAU team your team is also well coached. Congratulations on the tough win !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT